5-day treks in Nepal are great for individuals looking for a break from their hectic schedule. These treks offer peaceful journeys for those who are short on time and budget.
There are various 5-day treks in different parts of Nepal with a different difficulty level. Due to the improved accessibility of many of the trek destinations and trails in Nepal, you can do many popular treks in Nepal at a short time.
Depending on your physical fitness and the experience you want from the trek, you can choose your 5-day treks in Nepal. To find out the ideal 5-day trek for you in Nepal, keep on reading.
Popular 5 Days Treks in Nepal
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Anyone can enjoy Ghorepani Poonhill Trek in the magnificent Annapurna region. This is a great option for the 5 Days Treks in Nepal.
On this picturesque trek, you will pass through the majestic mountain views along with beautiful hills, farms, and forests. You can also enjoy the rich and diverse local culture of the region.
- Rich and diverse culture and rare mountain wildlife. This includes the chance to spot brown dipper, White-breasted Kingfisher, butterflies, Barking Deer.
- Dense forests of Orchids, Rhododendron and Magnolia.
- Warm, hospitable villages of the local Gurungs and Magars. These villages also offer facilities of home stays.
- Splendid views of snow peak mountains. This includes views of Mt. Gangapurna, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, and Hiunchul.
- Breathtaking sunrise views over the mighty Himalayan peaks.
Chisapani- Nagarkot Trek
Chisapani- Nagarkot Trek takes you to the rim of Kathmandu valley. The highest elevation you will reach on this trek is at a height of 2,135m.
You pass the beautiful small towns of Chisapani, Mulpani, and Nagarkot on this trek. You will also trek through Sundarijal. This place is home to beautiful streams and exotic species of flora and fauna. Although near the city, this trek still offers great views of the Annapurna, Manaslu, and other western mountains. This trek is doable by beginners as well.
- Shivapuri National Park: Home to rare species of animals, birds, and plants.
- A chance to experience the ancient culture and lifestyle of the rural people of Nepal.
- Nagarkot: A hill station at 2,175m provides magnificent sunset and sunrise views as well as views of the mountains.
- Mulpani: Panoramic views of Kathmandu valley.
- Chisapani: Popular hill stations for mountain-view. The place offers splendid views of the Everest and Langtang ranges. You can also view Mt. Manaslu, Buddha Himal, Ganesh Himal.
Kalinchwok trek is one of the new and emerging trek destinations of Nepal. Kalinchok at 3800m is the highest altitude you reach on this trek. This beautiful hillside offers views of some of the world’s highest mountains.
- A virgin trekking trail. Hence, sees fewer crowds and retains an authentic trekking experience.
- Views of mountains like Annapurna, Lamjung, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang. It also includes views of the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest. You can also see other mountain peaks like Dorjee Lakya, Jugal Himal, Amabamori, Mt. Gaurishanker, Numbur Himal.
- A chance to experience local hill culture, villages, markets, flora, and fauna.
- Kalinchowk: A famous pilgrimage destination for Nepalese people.
- Two natural springs- Sundhara and Tama.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp within 5 days is doable.
This trek is for the more adventurous and experienced trekker. Within this short time, you will witness the beautiful peaks of all the Annapurna giants.
This is one of the most beautiful treks of Nepal that also offers a look into the diverse flora, fauna and local culture of the Annapurna region.
- An enjoyable and scenic country walk on the high hills of the great Annapurna Himalaya.
- Exploring traditional Gurung villages and their culture and lifestyle.
- Colorful and lush green forests of tall rhododendron-magnolia- pines and fir trees.
- Annapurna Base Camp: Magnificent views of the snow peak giants. This includes Mt. Annapurna 1 and South, the Glacier Dome, Gangapurna, the unclimbed Fang, and Machhapuchhare.
- Incredible 360-degree views of the Annapurna ranges and above the massive Annapurna glacier.
- Comfortable and organized accommodation facilities even at the foothill of massive mountains.
Panchase Trek offers magnificent views of the snowy mountain peaks. It also offers other awesome attractions. This includes walks through the beautiful Rhododendron forest and quaint villages.
- Stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. This includes Mt. Annapurna I, II, III, IV, and South along with Himchuli 6441m, Dhaulagiri I and II. You can also see other peaks like Nilgiri, Thapa Peak, Tukche 6920m, Machhapuchhre, and Mardi Himal.
- Panchase Hill: Situated at an elevation of 2500m, you get a marvelous sunrise view over the snowy Himalayan peaks.
- Antique trekking experience
- Gurung cultures and Gorkhali dance in the same community.
Note: Depending on your trek preference, you can customize the trip. You can plan to do these treks as side treks to other longer treks. Or, you can make these treks longer to spend long days on the trekking trails.
Best Time for 5 Days Treks in Nepal
The local autumn and spring season is the ideal seasons for 5 days trek in Nepal. Both these seasons see more stable weather conditions along with moderate temperatures. For a comfortable and safe trek, these are the perfect conditions.
Both these seasons also have less risk of roadblocks and flight delays due to rain or snowfall.
The local autumn season lasts from September to November and spring season lasts from March to May.
Of these October and April are the best months. These months are mid-season of the best seasons and hence offers all the perks. The beginning and end months of these seasons can still see traces of the other two seasons of Nepal.
For a time constraint trek like the 5-day treks in Nepal, the other two months could be unfavorable because of the hostile and unpredictable weather condition.
Things to Remember for 5 Days Treks in Nepal
- Make sure you pack the basic essentials. A max. 7 kg bag is enough for a trek for 5 days. If you miss anything, you can buy or rent from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Make sure to bring good hiking boots with sturdy soles. These provide support to your ankles which reduces the risk for injuries.
- Dressing in layers is ideal for treks. Make sure to pack at least one jacket if you are trekking to the higher altitudes. This will come in handy during the cold mornings and nights.
- Always keep in mind that the weather conditions in the higher altitudes are unpredictable. Come prepared for it.
- Being mentally and physically prepared is ideal for a safe and comfortable trek.
- If trekking to higher altitudes, learn as much as you can about Acute Mountain Sickness. This helps you to prepare for it before the actual trek. It can and has been a major problem for many high altitude treks.
- Early booking is a must for a 5-day trek during the peak seasons. This ensures you get your preferred choice of flights, accommodation, and packages.
- The cost for a 5-day trek can range anywhere between US$400-800. Some luxury 5-day treks can cost more.
- Both solo and group treks are doable for these 5-day treks.
- You do not need to buy any expensive, restricted region permit for the 5-day treks recommended here.
- You can do these 5-day treks as any one of the trek types of Nepal- tea house trek and Camping. For more comfort, tea house trek is a great option. For a wild adventure trek, you can opt for camping.
- All these treks take you through trails with a good number of accommodation, meals and drink facilities. Hence, you will not have any difficulty finding good, healthy food and drinks. You will also have some choices in your accommodation.
- Bring enough local currency to last you for the 5 days of your trek. Once on the trails, ATMs are hard to come by and not always reliable. Most of the service providers also do not accept card payment.
- Most of these 5-day trails have some coverage of mobile and internet connection. Some accommodation and restaurants also provide free wi-fi services. Yet, these are not reliable. Hence, you can buy the local sim with 3-4G services.
Short 5 days treks in Nepal give you a feel of what a trek in Nepal is like. This includes things like fabulous views and the famous hospitality of the Nepali people. It can also include the diverse landscape and culture of Nepal among others.
If you have any further questions or queries about any of these 5-day treks in Nepal, feel free to contact us.
You can also contact us for any other information on any treks and tours in Nepal.