Annapurna Circuit Trek covers a diverse range of landscape and climatic conditions. Hence, the weather within the same month can be different.
Trekking here is possible and beautiful throughout the year. Yet, one of the best months to do this fabulous trek to Annapurna Circuit in November.
Before going on this trek, understanding the local weather and temperature is critical. You need to know clearly about the route condition and Annapurna Circuit temperatures in November before going on the actual trek.
All your decisions about your trek- route, packing, flights, and others depend on the weather and temperature you can face on the trek.
- Highlights Annapurna Circuit Trek in November
- Annapurna Circuit Temperatures in November
- Temperature and Weather at Kathmandu
- Temperature and Weather at Pokhara
- Temperature and Weather at Besisahar/ Chame
- Temperature and Weather at Pisang
- Temperature and Weather at Manang
- Temperature and Weather at Thorung Phedi
- Temperature and Weather at Jomsom
- Temperature and Weather at Muktinath
- Temperature and Weather at Ghorepani
- Temperature and Weather at End Points of the Route
- Tips to Survive Annapurna Circuit Temperatures in November
- Final Say,
Highlights Annapurna Circuit Trek in November
- Crystal clear views of the surrounding landscape and mountain peaks.
- A chance to meet other fellow trekkers from around the world.
- Panoramic views of some of the highest mountain peaks in the world from Thorung La Pass.
- Perfect weather conditions and temperatures to try new routes and destinations
- Perfect temperatures for walks without excessive heat or cold.
- Time of different festivals in the lower region of the trek.
- Fabulous and clear views of the star-filled night sky.
- Very less to no chances of rainfalls, cloudy skies, snowfalls, roadblocks.
Annapurna Circuit Temperatures in November
Annapurna Circuit is one of the best trek destinations in the world. Due to its diverse geography, it has a varying climate, stunning views, and wild scenery. One of the best months for Annapurna Circuit trek is in November.
November is the last month of autumn in Nepal. The average temperatures on the trek are 15 degrees Celsius. Yet, because of the diversity of the Annapurna Circuit regions, the temperature can vary.
Below we look at the temperatures you will face during November on different sections of Annapurna Circuit Trail.
Temperature and Weather at Kathmandu
Kathmandu has ideal weather conditions during November. Along with cool weather conditions, visibility is perfect for day hikes and outdoor activities.
The average daytime temperatures are around 15°C or around 59°F. The highest temperatures recorded during this month is 25 degrees Celsius and the lowest is 7 degrees Celsius.
As the month progresses, the average daytime temperature decreases. It drops to 12 degrees Celsius during the day and 8-9 degrees Celsius during the night.
This temperature is ideal to enjoy hikes and walks around the town. The chances of rain in November is also slim.
After the summer (monsoon) season of Nepal, the whole valley is green and lush. In November, Kathmandu receives average sunshine of 8 to 9 hours a day.
Temperature and Weather at Pokhara
The average daytime temperatures in Pokhara is around 17-18 degrees Celsius or 63 degrees Fahrenheit. During the day, the maximum temperature is around 23 degrees and the minimum temperature are around 11 degrees Celsius.
Pokhara is warmer than Kathmandu. The average sunshine hours are longer at 10 and a half hours to 11 and a half hours. Yet, due to the fog in mid-November, it can seem colder than the actual temperature.
For Annapurna Circuit Treks, Pokhara is the city to start your trek journey. For others, it is a place to relax after the long trek.
Some trekkers do skip Pokhara. They travel straight to the actual start point of the trek from Kathmandu.
Temperature and Weather at Besisahar/ Chame
There are different start points for your actual trek on foot. Some of the popular places are Bulbule, Bahundanda, Besisahar, Chame, Chamje.
The lowest point of the start point is Besisahar and the highest is Chame. Hence, Chame can be 1-2 degrees colder than Besisahar.
On average, these places have average daytime temperatures of 15 degrees C or around 58-60 degrees F.
The max. temperature for these places is 17 degrees Celsius while the min. temperature is 9.
This part of the trek has warm weather with long hours of sunshine as well.
Temperature and Weather at Pisang
During your Annapurna Circuit Trek, you have two choices in routes to go to Pisang. You can either take the Upper Pisang route or the Lower Pisang route.
Regardless of the route you take, you will face similar weather conditions and temperatures.
Pisang sees an average daytime temperature of 4-5 degrees Celsius or 38-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
You may also encounter warm days with temperatures of 10 degrees Celsius. During the nights the temperatures can drop to -1 degree Celsius. The precipitation level is also at its lowest during this month marking 4 mm.
In November, you will get amazing and clear views of Lamjung Himal, Ngadi Chuli from here.
Temperature and Weather at Manang
Manang is a rest day or acclimatization day. For most trekkers doing the Annapurna Circuit Trek, this is the case.
In November, the average daytime temperatures are 2-3 degrees C or 36-38 degrees F.
The max. temperatures of Manang is 8.3 degrees Celsius and the min. temperatures are around -3 degrees Celsius.
During your rest day here, you can explore the areas around Manang. The temperature is ideal for walk around Khangsar, Tsamkhang or Gangapurna Lake.
Temperature and Weather at Thorung Phedi
The average daily temperatures of Thorung Phedi during this months is a cool 2 degrees C or 35.6 degrees F.
The max. daily temperatures here is 5 degrees C while the min. daily temperatures are -7 degrees C.
November has some of the least cloudy days in Thorung Phedi with an average of 5 days of partly cloudy days.
Temperature and Weather at Jomsom
The daily average temperature of Jomsom is 4-6 degrees Celsius or 40.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
Here, the max. daily temperature can be a warm 11-12 degrees Celsius. The min. daily temperature can drop to -3 to -4 degrees Celsius.
With the winter closing in, Late November is colder than early November. November is also one of the least windy months in Jomsom with only an average wind speed of 4.9 mph. You can enjoy long, warm days with 10-11 hours of average sunshine.
Temperature and Weather at Muktinath
In Muktinath, the max. daytime temperature is 25 degrees Celsius in the first week of November. By the end week, the max. daytime temperature drops to 21 degrees Celsius.
The min. daytime temperature is 10 degrees Celsius in the first week of November. It drops down to 5 degrees Celsius in the last days of November.
November is also one of the driest and least windy months of November. Hence, you can enjoy your treks and walks around the village in cool temperatures.
Temperature and Weather at Ghorepani
The daily average temperatures of this scenic village are around 5-6 degrees C or 41-43 degrees F.
The max. daily temperatures of Ghorepani is around 11 degrees Celsius while the min. daily temperatures are around 0 degrees Celsius.
Temperature and Weather at End Points of the Route
Like your start points of the actual trek, you can end your Annapurna Circuit at different places. Given below are some popular places along with their temperatures in November.
This beautiful Gurung village is now accessible by road. Hence, you can choose this as your final trek day. The average daily temperatures of Ghadruk can be around 10-11 degrees C or 50-52 degrees F.
The max. temperatures in Ghandruk is 16.5 degrees Celsius and the min. temperatures are 6 degrees Celsius.
Many trekkers also choose Nayapul as their final trek point for Annapurna Circuit. The temperature here is quite warm compared to the rest of the trek. You can enjoy daily temperatures of 12-15 degrees Celsius or 53-59 degrees Fahrenheit.
The max. daily temperatures can reach 21 degrees Celsius while min. daily temperatures can drop to 8 degrees Celsius.
The village with the local, hot springs (Tatopani) is also a great place to end your trek. After soaking and relaxing your tired muscles in the natural hot spring, you can take a bus back to Pokhara or Kathmandu.
The daily average temperatures here are 14 degrees C or 47 degrees Fahrenheit. The max. temperatures in November is around 19-20 degrees Celsius and the min. temperatures are around 8 degrees Celsius.
Tips to Survive Annapurna Circuit Temperatures in November
- Take a Nalgene bottle or hot water bag with you during the trek. During the cold nights, fill it with hot water, secure it tightly and put it at the bottom of your sleeping bag. It will warm you up and can be great while sleeping in cold rooms.
- If you are cold, feel free to ask for extra blankets in the tea house. Most will provide one.
- Make sure to pack sleeping bags suitable for -10 degrees Celsius. Also, carry a sleeping bag liner for extra warmth.
- You can also pack some lightweight thermal gloves, fleece bottoms and shirts to sleep in at night. These are warm and cozy, perfect for sleeping.
- The weather in the high altitudes is unpredictable even during a stable weather month like November. Hence, prepare for any sudden changes.
- Always remain updated about the weather conditions.
- The daytime is almost always warmer than the night time and early mornings.
- The temperatures in the High Pass and Base Camp is more extreme than other high altitude areas of the trek.
- Get as much information about high altitude sickness, dangers, essential packing list as possible. This helps you to be aware and prepare for any potential changes that may occur on the trek.
The weather conditions in the high altitude regions are unpredictable. However, Annapurna Circuit temperatures in November is quite moderate, bearable, and stable.
The given temperatures are reference points to help you make decisions for treks to Annapurna Circuit. You can also use the information for other nearby trek destinations.
The temperatures can and do differ between years and decades of the same month. If you have any further queries or questions related to Annapurna Circuit Trek, feel free to contact us.
You can also contact us for information about other treks or tours in Nepal.