The idea of trekking in the Himalayas of Nepal can seem a bit challenging. You may think trekking in Nepal is not suitable for beginners or for a relaxing trip.
Yet, this is not true. Nepal offers one of the world’s widest range of trekking trails and destinations. Of these, many are short and easy treks in Nepal that suit beginners and novice trekkers.
These easy treks offer comfortable walks to some of the most beautiful regions of Nepal. Along with these, they offer majestic views and cultural experience with the locals.
Some Popular and Unique Easy Treks in Nepal
Duration: 5-12 days
Highest Elevation: Syaglung- 1425m
Used by the Royals of Britain and Nepal, this short and easy trek takes you to the foothills of the Annapurna ranges.
On this trek, you can enjoy the beauty of the Annapurna region. This covers the diverse flora and fauna of the region as well as fabulous views of the mountain peaks.
You begin your trek through terraced farmlands, lush green hills, and scenic hamlets. This trek also offers chances to observe the cultural diversity and beauty of the Annapurna region. All along the trail, you get glimpses of the mountain peaks. Some stops provide panoramic mountain views.
During spring, you can witness the colorful and scented blossoms of local flora. This includes full blooms of magnolia and rhododendron forest. You can also enjoy boating in the serene lakes of Begnas and Fewa Lake.
With almost no risk of altitude sickness, this is an ideal option for beginners.
- Wonderful view of the magnificent Fewa, Rupa and Begnas Lake.
- Views of massive Annapurna peaks, Machapuchhre, Lamjung Himal and Dhaulagiri.
- See various species of flora and fauna.
- A chance to observe the lifestyle and culture of different indigenous groups of Nepal.
- A chance to observe the countryside, terrace farming, and mountain landscapes.
- ‘Off-the-beaten-path’ treks in Nepal. Fewer trekkers, hence a peaceful and authentic trekking experience.
Duration: 2- 9 days
Highest Elevation: Panchase Hill- 2500m
This short and easy trek provides one of the most beautiful natural sceneries of flora, fauna and mountain peaks.
Panchase Trek is an ideal way to explore Pokhara and Himalayas. You can experience the village life of Nepal along with amazing views. Panchase hill trek provides an antique trekking experience. Here, you get panoramic mountain views from a single hill.
- Stunning view of Annapurna I, II, III, IV, and South. It also offers views of Varaha Shikhar, Himchuli, Dhaulagiri I and II, and Nilgiri. You can also see many other mountain peaks of the region.
- World Peace Pagoda: Buddhist pagoda style monument
- “Off the beaten” trail
- A chance to explore the authentic villages with locals of different ethnic background.
- Panchase Hill: Offers views of a stunning sunrise over the snowy Himalayan peaks.
- Subtropical valleys and rice fields to high ridges of Rhododendron forest.
Everest Panorama Trek
Duration: 8-12 days
Highest Altitude: 3865m, Khumjung
For those wishing to witness the marvelous Himalayan giants of the Everest region, this trek is one of the easy options. You will also get a look into the lifestyle, culture, and settlements of the legendary Sherpas as well.
- A view of the Himalayan giants like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Ama Dablam, Thamserku, and many others.
- Scenic mountain flight to and from Kathmandu-Lukla.
- Tengboche Monastery: Filled with its own legends and history.
- Namche Bazaar- the highest trading center of the world.
- Glorious sunrise and sunset views over the Himalayas.
Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Duration: 3-9 days
Highest Elevation: Chisapani- 2135m
Chisapani Nagarkot Trek is great on the pocket as well. Only a few kilometers away from the capital city of Nepal, it offers a peaceful trek
You will trek through the hills around Kathmandu while enjoying beautiful sceneries. Although near, these trek offers a chance to witness the rural life of Nepal.
- Spectacular sunrise and sunset views on the silvery peaks.
- Beautiful hill towns and villages.
- Shivapuri National Park: Home to exotic species of flora and fauna.
- Panoramic view of the Kathmandu valley.
- Splendid views of the Annapurna, Manaslu, Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himal, and Gauri Shankar Himal. You can also get views of the highest mountain in the world- Mt. Everest on this trek.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Duration: 8-12 Days
Highest Elevation: Poon Hill- 3195m
Ghorepani Poonhill trek or Annapurna Panorama Trek offers views of the Annapurna mountain range. You will enjoy your trek in moderate temperatures.
- Glorious views of Mt. Annapurna I, II, III, IV, and Southe and Mt. Gangapurna.
- Panoramic views of snowy mountain peaks.
- Charming villages of locals from different ethnic backgrounds like the Gurungs and Magars.
- Stunning sunrise and sunset views over the mountains.
Duration: 6-9 Days
Helambu Trek takes you to the beautiful Langtang region. You begin your journey through Shivapuri National Park. With spectacular views of Himalayas along with an exotic array of flora, fauna, and culture, this is an ideal short trek.
- Spectacular views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m). You can also view other small mountains of Langtang range.
- The warm and friendly people of Helambu and other settlements.
- Visit Tamang and Sherpa villages, Buddhist Gompas and terrace farms.
- Slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams.
- Grassy meadows are strewn with daisies and wild primulas.
- Less crowded & more peaceful trails.
- Lush green rhododendron and bamboo forests.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek- short version
Duration: 5-10 days
Highest elevation: Muktinath temple- 3799m
For those looking for an easy trek, you can do a short version of the Jomsom Muktinath Trek. This way, you trek for a shorter duration at a lower altitude and enjoy all the perks of this trek.
The short version is an easy grade trek suitable for novice trekkers as well.
- Beautiful scenery: walks through colorful forests of Rhododendrons, magnolia, and other wildflowers.
- A different perspective of Nepal’s landscape- High altitude desert landscapes.
- Visits to ancient caves and forts, and alpine lakes.
- Muktinath Temple: Beautiful temple dedicated to god Vishnu, natural gas fires and 108 waterfalls.
- Visits to both Tibetan Buddhist and Bon monasteries and alpine lakes.
- Tibetan influenced villages, lifestyle, and culture.
- Panoramic view of Mt Annapurna 1st (8091), Mt Dhaulagiri (8167m), Mt Tilicho (7134m), Mt Thorongla (5415 m) and Mt Nilgiri (7061m).
Indigenous People’s Trail
Duration: 9-14 Days
Highest Elevation: Thulo Sailung- 3146m
Suitable for all kinds of trekkers, this trek takes you away from the popular trails. This trek offers a unique trekking experience. Along with the trek, this trail offers you a chance to explore the Nepali culture and lifestyle.
You can witness settlements with rich and preserved ancient traditions. Unlike most treks, you will stay at homestays. These give you a personal glimpse into the lives of the locals of the different regions of Nepal.
- Off beaten tracks and soft trekking experience
- A chance to experience the culture of the Newars, Tamangs, Sherpas, and Majhis.
- Visits to temples and different
- Views of the majestic Thulo Sailung Peak, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Kanchenjunga, and Numburchuli.
- Views of the beautiful rivers of Sun Koshi and Tama Koshi.
- A chance to enjoy the cultural performances of 6 different ethnic groups.
When to Plan Easy Treks in Nepal?
September- November and March-May is Nepal´s peak and the best time to go trekking. These are the local autumn and spring season of Nepal. These are the perfect seasons to do all types of treks. This is true for the easy treks as well.
For a comfortable and easy trekking experience, the weather conditions are one of the major determining factors. These months see the most stable weather conditions along with moderate temperatures. These seasons also offer cool temperatures along with dry and clear days.
The chances of rainfall and snowfall are also less during these months. The conditions of the trails are at their best during these months. The trails are not muddy nor slippery. The chances of infestations of leeches and mosquitoes are also less during these months.
Hence, the chances for risks of injuries are less. Due to all these factors, these months provide some of the most comfortable, safe and easy trekking experience.
Things to Know about Easy Treks in Nepal
- The best months to do the easy level treks are peak seasons in Nepal. Make sure you book early to get your desired packages, flights, and accommodation.
- If there are no packages that meet your needs, feel free to customize your own itinerary.
- Most of the easy level treks have little to no risk of high altitude sickness.
- Opt for the tea house trek in Nepal instead of Camping for a comfortable and easy trek experience. These allow you to rest in the comfort of the local teahouses instead of the tent. You will also get healthy, locally made meals and drinks. You can also opt for home stays for a more personal look into the lives of the locals.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water. In the higher altitudes, your body gets dehydrated faster.
- If you love alcohol, partake of it in the lower regions on your return journey. In the higher altitudes, it is a hindrance.
- Make sure you pack all the essentials for a trek in Nepal. This ensures that you have all the equipment, clothing and supplies for a comfortable and safe trek.
- Always remember that you are on holiday and not a competition. So, relax and enjoy the trip.
- Stick to your own pace for an easy and safe trek.
- Keep a small first-aid kit in your daypack. It may come in handy for minor sprains and small cuts.
- Trek with a guide and porter. They can make your trek much easier.
There are a lot of Easy treks in Nepal that offer something to everyone. From beginners to professional trekkers, it can be designed to fulfill your needs.
For any further questions or queries about any of these treks or any other trek and tour in Nepal, feel free to contact us.
You can also contact us to create your own custom made easy treks in Nepal.