The ultimate dream of a trekking enthusiast is to trek the highest mountain in the world, this begins with getting to the Everest Base camp. Well, if you are a nature lover, exploring the majestic Mount Everest up-close at the eyepoint view is definitely something one would consider. This trek allows you to embrace this majestic mountain in the most comfortable form.
There are many trails to reach the Everest Base Camp (5,364 m). The popular routes are Kalapathar, Gokyo, Jiri, and Renjo pass trails. These trails have their relative significance and are equally adventurous.
A lot of mountains are visible and are spectacular but Mount Everest (8,848 m) is the primary desire of anyone opting for the EBC. Besides Mount Everest, you get to witness other popular summits such as Mount Lhotse (8,516 m), Mount Pumori (7,161 m), Mount Nuptse (7,855 m) and many more.
You must take some time and research as much as you can regarding the information about weather conditions before deciding to trek in the Everest Base Camp. Spring and autumn are considered to be the best season for trekking this route.
You need special permission from the government of Nepal to trek on this route since it is a protected area. Pre-booking your trek will make your trips a lot easier and hassle- free. And Everest Base Camp trek in April demands pre-planned schedule because it is one of the best seasons to trek here.
Weather Conditions of Everest Base Camp in April
It is mid-spring in April, making it the perfect time to explore the scenic beauty. The climate is slightly warm this month, and the forests are green. Not to forget the flowers, spring means flowers so a lot of exotic mountain flowers bloom this time of the year.Since this month is warmer, you will also get glimpses of exotic wild animals and birds along the trekking trail.
The weather conditions at higher altitude are unpredictable. Monsoons are quite a mess where as winters are a challenge. And April is completely safe. The weather and climate complement the beauty of the place.
At daytime, the temperature is about 17 to 25-degree centigrade and will lower down to 10 to 15 degree centigrade in morning and night. The days are a bit longer with more than 7 hours of daylight. This is just perfect for a lot of sightseeing.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek in April
April, one of the best months bring bright sunny days and clear skies with mountain vistas to capture and treasure. Not to forget the unique traditions and culture of the locals living in the area. Some of the highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek in April are enlisted below.
- Absolutely clear skies and elegant view of the landscape along the trekking trail
- Adventurous mountain flight to Lukla from Kathmandu
- Witness the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest (8,848 m), from its base camp (Everest Base Camp altitude: 5,380 m)
- Namche Bazaar (3,450 m)
- Tengboche Monastery (3,867m)
- The school established by Sir Edmund Hillary at Khumjung village
- Experience the Tibetan lifestyle, culture and religion of the Sherpas and other local ethnic tribes
- View panoramic 360-degree views of the mountain range from different places.
Some Recommended Treks
Some of the recommended treks in Everest Region in the month of April are as follows. There are a lot more. Please do not hesitate to contact us for other exciting trekking packages.
Shivalaya – Gokyo-Chola Pass -EBC Trekking
If you are willing to visit Everest Base Camp in April, Shivalaya – Gokyo – Chola Pass – EBC – Trekking route is one interesting trail. This route is the classical route introduced by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary in 1953 AD.
Your trek starts with an eight-hour long scenic bus ride from Kathmandu to a beautiful village called “Shivalaya (1700 m)” which is also known as the gateway to Everest. This trekking package takes 24 days.
On the first day, you will trek from Shivalaya to the village “Bhandar (2,150 m)” through Sangba Danda and Deurali Pass. The next day, you will be descending down to Likhu Khola. After crossing the Likhu Khola bridge, the twisted trail will take you to the village “Kinja”.
The next day, you will trek to Junbesi (2675 m), Nunthala (2,440 m), KhariKhola (2,020 m), Surkhe (2,290 m), Phakding (2,610 m), Namche (3,440 m).
The sky is clear and the majestic views of mountains will add up the excitement of your trekking. You will get the up-close view of the mountains. The chances of downpour and snowfall are minimum in this month. The trekking trials are safe. In April, the lower trails below the altitude of 4,000 m the forests are full of red rhododendron flowers. The forest will be greener than other time of the year even at higher altitudes.
Highlights of the Trek:
- Witness Sherpa culture and tradition
- Crossing of Cho La pass (5,420 m)
- View Yeti’s head in Khumjung village
- Panoramic view of the mountain landscapes from Kalapathar (5,400 m)
- Visit famous Tengboche Monastery
- Enchanting view of the glacier from Everest Base Camp
- View of icy glacier lake from the Gokyo Peak
- Gateway of Everest, Namche Bazaar is also known as the bazaar at the highest altitude (3,440 m)
- Hiking up to Gokyo Ri (5,360 m)
Gokyo -Renjo La Pass Trekking
If you want to avoid the traffic to the Everest Base Camp journey, Gokyo Renjo-La Pass trekking will be the one trekking trial to choose. This is the peak time for people to trek to Everest Base Camp.
This journey will provide you the unique experience since the trekking route is less populated in compared to other routes to Everest Base Camp. The trek lets you view the delightful mountainous landscapes, up-close view of snow-capped mountains, terraces, valleys, forest, lakes and also witness the culture and tradition of the local tribes living in the region.
The trekking starts with the mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,810 m). You will spend 15 days on this trek. On the same day, you will be head to Phakding (2,610 m) then Namche Bazaar (3,445 m). On the day of acclimatization, you get to explore the marketplace of Namche Bazaar, the trade center at the highest point in the world.
The highest points of the trek are Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) and Renjo-La Pass (5,345 m). You will be trekking above 4,000 m altitude to Dole (4,150 m) the next day and then to Machhermo (4,470 m), Gokyo (4,750 m), Gokyo Ri (5,360 m) respectively. From Gokyo, you will be descending down to Lungden (4,350 m), Thame (3,850 m), back to Namche (3,440 m), Lukla and then fly back to Kathmandu.
Gokyo Renjo-La Pass Trekking route lies at high altitude. It is quite challenging to trek this route in winter because of the possibility of heavy snowfall. But in April, the time is just perfect.
Views of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Cho Oyu and others peaks are spectacular. There will be the minimum chance of rainfall on the trails during this time.
- Winding Dudh Koshi River
- Outstanding view of Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu among others from Gokyo Ri (5,360 m)
- Giant skull of “Yeti” in a monastery at Namche Bazaar (3,440 m)
- Thame Monastery (3,850 m)
- The highest points of the trip Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) and Renjo-La Pass (5,345 m)
- Less traffic on the trekking trail and more time to spend in your trekking
Everest Panorama Trekking
The Everest Panorama Trek lets you witness the up-close view of Mount Everest. This is a short trek that will give you the taste of the mountains without having to sweat on strenuous treks. Mt. Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and many other mountain peaks are easily visible.
The culture and lifestyle of the Sherpa people, as well as the biodiversity of the region is just as interesting.
Your journey starts with a beautiful scenic mountain flight in the morning from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,875 m). The Everest Panorama Trekking in April is refreshing and safe. Greener and colorful hills are welcoming and peaceful.
The Himalayan animals like Himalayan Thar, musk deer, pikka (mouse hare) weasel, ghoral, and jackal can be seen. In the month of April, there may be the chance to see rare animals like snow leopard, red panda, Himalayan black bear and other rare exotic wildlife.
The sky clear with a negligible chance of rain and snowfall in April that’s why you will get to explore the crystal-clear panorama of mountain vista from different viewpoints along the trekking trail.
If you have the short vacation and you can’t seem to let go of the Everest region, this package might be the one you are looking to join in.
- Adventurous scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back
- Exploring the marketplace of Namche Bazaar
- Sherpa culture, traditions, and settlements
- Tengboche Monastery
- Sunrise view from Namche Bazar over the Mountain.
- Panoramic view of Mount Everest, Mount Pumori, Mount Lhotse, Mount Ama Dablam and other mountain peaks.
- Short trek with great achievement up in the mountains
Everest Three High Passes Trekking
To visit and explore the challenging passes of Khumbu region, book the Everest Three High Passes Trekking package. There are three chief passes of Khumbu region over 5,000 m altitude. The highest altitude of the Everest High Pass trek is 5,500 m. This trekking trail also goes to Gokyo Valley, Everest Base Camp, and Thame Valley.
The trek is a 19-day package from your arrival to Kathmandu to your departure from Kathmandu. Meeting rest of the group and planning for the trip to Everest region will be your first task. The next day you will head to Lukla (2,810 m), an incredible 45 min mountain flight. You will acclimatization at Namche Bazar then trek to Tengboche (3,860m), Dingboche (4,390 m), Chhukung (4,730 m).
Crossing the Kongma La Pass (5,535 m), Lobuche (4,925 m), Cross Cho La pass (5,420 m), Gokyo(4,790 m), Cross Renjo La pass(5,360 m) to Thame village (3,820 m) is a wonderful experience.
April month brings warmer days and nights, this way you can explore the diverse flora and fauna this region this month. Also, exotic wildlife species on the trekking trail like musk deer, mountain goat, snow leopard, pheasants, Lophophorus, snow duck, mountain hawk and other animals and birds will come out. This is the time when you can encounter such rare animals.
The Culture and tradition of the great Himalayan people “The Sherpas”, their hospitality will remain in your memories forever. Everest Panorama Trekking package is full of adventure.
- Scenic mountain flight, Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Visit historical Tengboche Monastery
- Breathtaking view of Khumbu icefall
- Sunrise view of 360 panoramas of the mountains all around from Kalapathar
- The unique culture and tradition of the Sherpa people
- The three high passes above 5,000 m (Kongma La 5,535 m, Cho La 5,360 m, Renjo La 5,385 m)
12 days Everest Base Camp/Kalapathar Trek
Everest Base Camp is dominant trekking package over a lot of other packages. The Everest Base Camp is full of the trekkers and Mountain climbers in the month of April. Sound weather, clear sky and warm days in this season add into the beauty of the trip.
The weather is clear and the scenery is excellent at this time of the year. You can get chance to witness the world’s highest mountains like Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, and many others without any obstruction.
Spring brings warmer days so the vegetation is in its best form. A diversity of plants can be observed during the trek. Blossoms will add up the beauty of the forest and you will be welcomed by attractive blooming flowers on the trail.
12 days Everest Base Camp/Kalapathar Trek in April is a great and wonderful experience. Fascinating and amazing landscape views, rural lifestyle, people, their culture and hospitality, and many more things leave you with lifetime memories.
- Magnificent mountain view flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Exciting suspension bridges
- Numbers of small settlements of Sherpa people, their lifestyle, tradition, and culture .
Stunning 360 panoramic views of the Mount Everest
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
- Witnessing the highest peaks in the world such as Mount Everest (8, 848) Mount Cho Oyu (8,201m), Mount Makalu (8,463 m), Mount Lhotse (8,516 m).
Tips for Everest Base Camp Trek in April
April is a perfect time to trek the Everest Base Camp Trekking routes. It is warmer during the day and cool at night. Mornings can be a bit chilly. Mountain weather is unpredictable, so you should be prepared for any other possible weather condition. We have listed out some of the tips for Everest Base Camp Trek in April.
- During April, the days are warmer. You may become sweaty and feel hot during the day while walking, so, wear clothes in layers to manage your clothing as per your need. Keep rain jackets and backpack cover in case of sudden rainfall.
- A pair of trekking pole is the must. It will help you to balance your body in the rocky ascending and descending paths.
- Use of thin gloves will protect your hand from cold mountain wind.
Waterproof socks and walking socks and a pair of good quality hiking shoes with a strong grip are recommended.
- Before packing makes a checklist of the items that you might need on the journey.
It is not wise decision to burden yourself with your own baggage. Hire a porter.
- Take a highly experienced and professional trekking guide with you for the proper guidance. It would be easier for you.
- You must prevent your body from being dehydrated. Stay hydrated, this will help you against altitude sickness too.
- Trekking early in the morning will protect you from the heat of the sun, and the windy midday on the altitude.
What to Wear in Everest Base Camp Trek in April?
You need to be cautious about what to wear while you are trekking in the high altitude. The weather is challenging. The morning and nighttime weather in the Everest Base Camp Trek is cold contrasting the daytime temperature. Wearing clothes in layers will be a lot easier for the trek.
Given below is a list of the items that you might need for your trek, please feel free to personalize it.
- Thermal innerwear
- Hiking shirts (moisture wicking)
- Hiking undergarments
- Convertible hiking pants
- Waterproof and windproof pants
- Hiking shorts
- Synthetic Insulated Jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Rain jacket
- Windstopper jacket
Head and hand:
- Sun hat
- Warm insulated hat
- Polarized UV sunglasses
- Waterproof and windproof gloves
- Bandana or scarf
- Hiking shoes
- Hiking sandals
- Hiking socks (multiple pairs)
Toiletries and Personal Hygiene
- Tissue or toilet paper
- Wet wipes
- Shampoo and conditioners
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Quick drying towel
- Feminine hygiene products
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablet or liquid
- Sleeping bag
- First aid kit
- Headlamps and extra batteries
- Extra plastic bags (to keep garbage and to cover the important things to protect with water and wind)
- Waist bag for small items
Additional Recommended Items
- Maps of trekking trails
- Camera and extra batteries
- Binoculars (optional)
- Personal polar blanket (For better hygienic stay)
- Your personal documents
April, the mid springtime in Nepal, is one of the best months to trek in Nepal. The weather and climate are best. The days are warmer and longer than winter. You need not rush your trekking, you can complete your journey in 6 to 7 hours because there will be the daytime of at least 7 hours in the Everest region in April. We advise you to start your trekking early because it can be little windy during midday.
The clear blue skies and gorgeous mountains will take your breath away. You will get the best experience of your lifetime trekking in April. Picture perfect views of the mountain vistas can be expected this season. If you get lucky enough, you may encounter with some exotic wildlife as well.
April marks as the regular trekking season and many trekkers come to the Everest Base Camp at this time of the year. If you don’t want to get left out, it is best to book your trek before you arrive in Nepal.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any queries or information.