Overall Company Rating
5 stars- based on 108 reviews
- Tamang Heritage TrekTamang Heritage Trail15th September, 2017We had a extremely positive experience with Chhatra Karki and Nepal Eco Adventure. As two women in our 50s we wanted a challenge in an interesting location where we mixed with the local people and we got that with the Tamang Heritage Trail. What a delight it was trekking between villages in the Rasuwa region staying in guest houses with delicious food served up 3 times a day. The dhal bhat, Tibetan bread, momos, fruit platters and nettle soup (cooked up by our guide) unfortunately ensured we did not arrive home any lighter. The scenery was amazing and people with experience in Nepal who saw my photos remarked it looked like trekking in Nepal 30 years ago before commercialisation of the region. Our guide Chhiring Sherpa and porter Kaji Sherpa were outstanding young men who made our trip even more enjoyable with their quiet efficiency and friendly polite demeanour and we never felt rushed up and down the mountainsides. We were able to take plenty of photos and stop for a breather when we needed it (which was often). We were instructed by Chhatra to help the local economy by shopping and we were happy to oblige. After a meal at our guesthouses the local women on request would bring out their home made wares. Lots of scarfs, hats, gloves, jewellery and bags made for excellent souvenirs and presents. The only tip for booking this particular trip is to budget for a private 4 wheel drive with driver to get in and out of the trail head at Syabrubesi. I will be back to trek in Nepal and I won't hesitate to book with Nepal Eco and I know my friend Alison feels the same.
- Tamang Heritage TrekBest part of our trip!18th December, 2019We came to Kathmandu from Malaysia, only leaving ourselves 2 days to book a 2 week trek. We called a few companies and Chhathra returned our call first, and came out to meet us. He welcomed us into his office with some tea. He was reliable, open, and very knowledgeable of the available treks for what we were looking for. We were hoping to do either the Langtang/Tamang Cultural Heritage Trek or Manaslu Trek. Chhatra spent at least an hour with us going over the possible options, and then met with us later the same day to finalize. We were able to meet and discuss the route with our guide, Kumar, before heading out. We ended up doing a 2-week, customized, Tamang Heritage - Langtang - and part of the Gosaikunda walk. Chhatra also provided us with a sleeping bag and walking poles which was extremely helpful. Our two week trek was incredible and the highlight of our 3 month trip mostly through Southeast Asia. Kumar, was an absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly, and conscientious guide. He knew so much about the area and made our happiness and safety his #1 priority. His knowledge of village life and past experience as a medical provider in the small village he grew up in was really interesting to us (as we are both in the medical field). Our porter, Buddhiman, was also fantastic - he was always upbeat, happy, and willing to help out. The trek was everything we expected and more. The Tamang Heritage Trial was not very crowded with trekkers (we only saw 2 tourists on our 4 days of trekking), and brimming with culture and lively villages. Langtang and Gosaikunda provided us with awe-striking beauty, snow-covered mountains, and glaciers. When we came back from our trek, well, we were fairly exhausted. We met with Chhatra again to review our travels and sat down with him for some much needed rest and tea. If and when we return to Nepal we definitely would choose Eco Adventure again!
- Kanchenjunga TrekKanchenjunga and Helambu Treks - March 201714th May, 2017Had a great experience on the tail end of Winter trekking into the remote Kanchenjunga region (which has a great variety of scenery and is much less "touristed" than a lot of other treks). Chhatra and the team at Nepal Eco Adventure made the whole experience as "painless" as possible (apart from the blisters!). Chhatra is very responsive to any and all questions and always open to alternative suggestions and options. Our Kanchenjunga Trek was cut short due to heavy snow, but Chhatra was incredibly accommodating and arranged an alternative trek, transportation etc. at very short notice into the Helambu Region, which gave us an insight into a different area altogether. All of this was done with no fuss and at no additional cost to us either. Our guide (Kul) and porter (Suma) were both fantastic, experienced and went "above and beyond" expectations, which simply made the trip go even more smoothly and added to the enjoyment. I would not hesitate to use the Nepal Eco Adventure team again or to recommend them to anyone contemplating trekking in Nepal (I'm already hatching plans for a possible return to Nepal next year(!). Can't wait!).
- Everest Base Camp with Island Peak ClimbingEverest Base Camp with Island Peak11th September, 2017OMG this was trip of the lifetime. Nepal Eco Adventure, you are awesome….. I booked Everest Base Camp with Island Peak through Nepal Eco Adventure. I spoke with few different agencies and they were all independent agents working for few different traveling companies but when I called Nepal Eco Adventure, I spoke directly with the owner, Chhatra. He was very responsive in answering all of my questions. I could either speak with him via Viber or email. I went with my dad and when we landed in Kathmandu we had city guide, Raju waiting for us. Raju and driver took us to hotel and we spent one day just relaxing. They picked us up the next day and we spend the whole day touring Kathmandu. Raju was awesome city tour guide. Being with him was very educational. He spoke in details about the city, history etc.. and he was very pleasant, always happy with smile on his face. Thank you Raju. Later that day we met our Everest Base Camp guide Keshav. As soon as we met him, he was very accommodating. We asked him if he can come with us to our hotel room to check clothes we brought to make sure we were good. He was happy to do it. The next day we started actual trip by landing in Lukla, Tenzing–Hillary Airport, which was named by Discovery channel as the most dangerous airport in the world. Keshav was our main guide. We had two other people that carried our bags, Bisnu and Sataya. I’m not going to lie, trip was difficult but it was soooooooooo worth it and it was that much awesome because we had Keshav, Bisnu, and Sataya. There were 4 of us in a group, dad and I, and a couple. I was the slowest in the group lol. Even though sometimes group was hours ahead of me, at any point of our trip no one was left alone. I spent most time with Keshav since I was slowest one so he felt I needed the most attention lol. At some point I couldn’t even carry by bag (5 pound bag lol). I didn’t say anything to Keshav but he offered to help. He would even carry water for me. Sometimes I would rest every 10 minutes and he was so patient, never complaint. He always asked if I’m ok if I need anything. I even gave him my phone with all passwords to take pictures. I sometimes forgot that I even had a phone until he gives me back and then I look at the pictures. He captured some amazing moment without me noticing and those are usually the best On our way to Every Base Camp I got sick. It was just flu. He could easily told me that it is not his fault that I’m sick. He could’ve said to me that to stay at the lodge and wait for others. Actually he encouraged me to rest as long as I want to and he said that he would go with me to Everest Base Camp no matter how slow I’m. Sickness slowed me down a lot, but Keshav stuck with me and we made to the Base Camp and I’m so glad I did. Never did he complain or say something to discourage me. He understood that people come from far away it is everyone’s dream to make it to the Base Camp. The only thing he made me promise is that I tell him if I get dizzy. There were many times I didn’t leave my room because I wanted to rest and I even try to skip dinner and he sometimes gave me hard time for skipping dinner LoL. Love you Keshav. At some point we went through heavy fog and it was wet. I had my raincoat but my dad didn’t. Keshav gave his to my dad so he doesn’t get wet. It is easy to have 5 star service at some luxury place or hotel but to offer 5 star service in the middle of nowhere that just doesn’t exist. Sometimes when my group reached destination, Bisnu would come back to join me and Keshav. Remember this is steep uphill trekking and for him to come back to join Keshav and encourage me not to give up and go uphill again it is just amazing. Not only that, but when I went to Island Peak with my climbing guide (guide that summon Everest 7 times), Bisnu noticed that my dad was worried about me, so he went looking for me. This was not his responsibility. I guess you worry when you have kids. I never received service like this in my life and I travel a lot. These people are so honest, so nice. I never felt so comfortable being with strangers and in the middle of nowhere. You develop intimate friendships. They tell you their stories, they listen yours. Also couple that was with us were cool. We all got along so well. We were all like family. I would not change anything about this trip. My fellow travelers, please do not be skimpy about tipping. Tip well because these people really deserve it To Nepal Eco Adventure family…you are the best.
- Manaslu Circuit TrekAmazing Food & Views Plus Best Guide in Nepal (Manaslu Circuit Trip)23rd May, 2017Although we set off during the beginning of May which is near the end of the trekking season, we still had amazing weather with no rain in the day. The tea houses were all very hospitable and the food (mainly Dal Bhat) was outstanding. Raj our guide and was like a walking encyclopaedia as he was able to answer all our questions about the surroundings! His knowledge and humour never failed even when we were 5100m high. He always put our safety first and was very reliable (except when it came to cards, don't trust the Nepalese shuffle ) He went the extra mile by carrying dozens of pomegranates and apples up the mountain so we could have them for pudding! The views throughout the trip were incredible and Raj was happy to do some extra side trips such as visiting local Monastries or Lakes. The local people are so welcoming and the children that run around in little posies are great entertainment. The trip was a perfect balance between walking and recreation. I highly recommend this trip and especially Raj, who's the best guide in Nepal! Nepal Eco Adventure always replied to our emails immediately and were able to facilitate all of our needs. We planned to do a 17 day trek but ended up walking a bit further each day so finished 2 days earlier. They happily changed the itinerary and presented us with a certificate at the end.
- Manaslu Circuit TrekManaslu circuit trek/Kathmandu/Everest mountain flight18th December, 2019I researched the internet for Manaslu circuit trek and Nepal Eco Adventure was the most responsive and the least expensive company. I like that everything on the trek was included in the price, I ended up spending very little money. They provided me with some gear so I didn't have to buy that too. All in all great value. For me, at first Kathmandu was a very chaotic place and it was nice to have an airport pickup included. Also I had a private whole day tour of Kathmandu and it was awesome! I learned about the culture, arhitecture and history. The guide was very knowledgeable and a great photographer! Also I send home aproximately 40 postcards and the he kindly helped me with all the stamps and sending them (it is hard to get around Kathmandu main post office). After 2 days in Kathmandu we finally got on the bus to Arkhet Bazar where we would start our trek. We drove with the local bus and it was a great insight on how the lives goes on in the rural parts of Nepal. We were a trekking group of 3 and our guide was Ram Karki "Ramu". He was not only the best guide ever, but also a great motivator and friend. He never pushed us, but was very supportive, advised us on what food to eat to stay healthy and get enough energy. When we got higher and trekking became more difficult, he was telling us to go "slowly, slowly", to enjoy the nature and the views. It was a true pleasure having you as a guide! I ended up the trip with Everest mountain flight, which was ok, but definitely not worth the price. I would one day like to return to Nepal, it is truly an amazing country. And would again choose to go trekking and ask for Ram Karki "Ramu" to be my guide.
- Manaslu Circuit TrekTrek in Manaslu Circuit7th July, 2017I would definitely recommend this company since they have brilliant guides and they treat everyone they work with very well, including paying the porters a fair wage, which not every company does! In March my best friend and I attempted the Manaslu circuit with the brilliant guidance of Jiba Sherpa and wonderful organisation from Nepal Eco Adventure! The trek was amazing but was made all the more incredible thanks to our guide. He was extremely friendly and clever and with him we always felt safe in a circuit that has many dangers. Unfortunately when we got to 3000m high it snowed around 40cm in 24 hours and we had to turn around as all the camps higher up were closed. However Jiba managed to organize for us to get down the circuit quickly and get a keep to the Annapurna region to complete a short 5 day trek around Poon Hill. As a result we could trek for all the 17 days that we had booked! Also my friend and I were already in Nepal and were staying in different places and Nepal Eco Adventure were brilliant in accommodating this since we didn't need their transport and other things offered in the trek.
- Everest Panorama TrekPerfect !18th December, 2019We, a family of 4 (wife, 2 teenage kids age 13 and 15 and myself) did the Everest panorama trekking over the Christmas and New Year's period. As we had some more time available than what this trekking requires, we decided to add a side trip for 3 days from Namche Bazaar, which brought us to Thame, Khumjung, Phorche and Pangboche before hitting the actual target, Tengboche Monastery. The time we were there, it was low season but once we left the main Everest trail towards Thame, it even became more quieter. For us, the absolute highlights of the trip were: - the flight to/from Lukla - the high suspension bridge between Jorsalle and Namche - Thame and the descend from there towards Thamo through the snow - the Yeti remains in Khumjung and Pangboche - Tengboche monastery - the fantastic views towards Everest/Khumbila/Lhotse/Ama Dablam along the way - meeting the fantastic people and Sherpa families in the Khumbu region - meeting some individual sherpa's that had summited Everest, Annapurna 1, Makalu and Shishapangma. It was great to hear their stories over dinner around the woodstove in the evening in some of our tea houses along the way. Our guide was Nir and we were very happy with the way how the trek was done and Nir's knowledge about the mountains, the wildlife, the local customs. It really shows that he is very experienced in the area. He is also father of 2 teenage children and we really liked his calm approach towards the children. I would be very happy to take him again on our next visit. The trip organisation (end-to-end) by Chhatra was perfect without any issue whatsoever, so we are very happy customers and will be back.
- Everest Base Camp Trek12 Day Everest Base Camp Trek Fantastic3rd June, 2018My son and I had an amazing experience with our trek to EBC. Our guide Keshab and his assistant guide/porter were excellent. They were very competent and conscientious about our safety. They were both warm and kind and we all felt like a family as we worked toward our goal. We also appreciate Chhatra prompt and effective communication pre-trek. It is obvious Chhantra has a highly regarded, professional, & connected organization. We felt this most accutely as we made our way back into Lukla. We knew coming in the weather was poor and none to few flights were making it out. The tea-house was full of people waiting for days complaining of their circumstance, frustrated with communication and mis-communication with their guide companies. We were presented clearly with the options, one of which I did not realize existed. Chhantra & Keshab did their magic and we were on the ground in KTM the next morning. I would also like to mention that not only were we treated very well by our own guide & porters, but other Nepal Eco Adventure Guides reached out with help as well. Bottom line Mr. Chhantra has a first class organization and I can't think of any reason he is not the best company in Kathmandu for trekking Nepal.
- Everest Base Camp TrekFantastic Everest Base Camp Trek!12th June, 2018Chhatra has been very helpful from day one. Always quick with his replies to all my enquiries before we arrived. And continues to be very helpful throughout. Professional, jovial and courteous! Our guide Ram....the BEST! He helped everyone in the group. Always joking and smiley, even when handling difficult people and difficult situations. I was the slowest and he made sure that I was not left behind. Always encouraging. When my soles came off 1+hr before Namche, he taped them with strong tapes, smiling. & joking with asst guide Sudeep throughout! When my son fell ill, he took care of him tirelessly! We almost had to take the Rescue Heli back but Ram proceeded very slowly to Gorak Shep & EBC, checking his oxygen level n bp with the oxymeter regularly. We made it to EBC! It is Guides like him that makes a HUGE difference! Thank you Ram!!!
- Everest Base Camp TrekEBC14th August, 2017We did the Everest base camp with them in April'17 and really glad we choose this company. We were a big group but had four guides with us, the organization was excellent and the route the best one in terms of acclimatization. Chattra was very responsive to our emails and very informative, and happy to jump on a call when I needed any clarification on the planning stage. Our main guide Ram(Anurag) was friendly and cheerful and always had our health as a priority, ensuring everyone was coping ok. Dhana, our assistant guide, probably is the best pace setter in the world. Following his slow but steady rhythm we could have get to the end of the world, absolutely brilliant guy. On plus side was also the oxygen level check every day, it was an excellent checkpoint and we based our decisions on diamox based on it along with Ram's advice, which I think we all got right.
- Everest Base Camp TrekEBC Trek... a once in a lifetime experience15th August, 2017Many people spend months or years planning and prepping for their Everest Base Camp Trek. I starting looking into the trek one month before leaving the states! I reached out to Nepal Eco Adventures and in less than 6 hours Chhatra emailed me back with the best options to fit my schedule, descriptions of the different groups, prices, and itineraries. The amount of information offered right off the bat was impressive and my follow up questions were again very quickly answered. I felt like I could confidently make an informed decision and commit to my trek. From the very first email, I was certainly in competent, knowledgeable hands. Leading up to my departure from the states, Chhatra provided all the info I needed to prepare myself for my travels and the trek. Now, the trek... The trek was challenging mentally and physically, but one of the all-time greatest experiences of my life. I still think about the experience EVERY DAY. Our group was a collection of people from all over and I was the only solo female trekker in the group of 13. I always felt looked after by our guide, Ram (Anurag Basnet), and included by the rest of the group. Ram always had our safety and well being in mind -- he was constantly checking in with everyone and we had nightly oxygen saturation tests. We had 3 assistant guides that were not just assistants, but leaders and care takers for our group (thanks to the assistants Donah, Dupka, and Bikram!!). Our 6 porters were the real heroes of the bunch -- they haul all the gear and smile while doing their job! We all managed to make it up to base camp from Lukla and back down to Lukla without any helicopter intervention -- a very successful trekking experience. I chose Nepal Eco Adventures based on other reviews (I was reading about great trekking experiences and not medical evacuations or responses to health issues!!), Chattra's quick and thorough communication, and the company's commitment to supporting the local economy. They use human porters (not animals) in their treks, thus putting money in the pockets of the families in Nepal. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I would get on a plane tomorrow and trust Nepal Eco Adventures to get me to my destination safely. If you need tips, packing lists or any information, feel free to message me. I have a good amount of info put together. Since returning to the states 2 friends have expressed interest in trekking to EBC and without hesitation, I referred them to Nepal Eco Adventures!
- Everest Base Camp TrekEBC trek May 24th 201718th December, 2019Just got back from the EBC trek. My guide was Ram Karki and porter was Mekman. There was only one other trekker but we mingled with all the others at the tea houses. Ram took good care of me throughout the trek. He was easy going, helpful, caring and considerate to my needs. I struggled with the altitude and he stayed back to walk with me. I really appreciated this as I was on my own. Thank you so much Ram. The scenery was spectacular, EBC took my breath away, it is beautiful. I was unable to go to Kalapater due to altitude sickness. It hit me whilst at EBC, one minute I was fine and next my body was so weak, I needed rest. Ram helped me. I was surprised by how much harder it is to trek at altitude as at sea level I'm really strong. The food and accomodation on the trek was great. I really liked the Green Tara Hotel at Namche, they had hot showers and a very comfortable dinning area. I recommend the T-Momos, the curry was delicious. Nepalecoadventures took care of everything, flights to/from Lukla, teahouse accomodation, hotel in Kathmandu (very good hotel in the centre of Thamel), Kathmandu day tour (fantastic!). We got a free T-Shirt, pray flag and certificate. Chhatra was wonderful, email correspondence, pre and post trek organising was professional. I really liked the 900 down puffy jacket and sleeping bag. They kept me warm up at the high altitudes. I lost my iphone7 walking into Perouche, Ram and Mekman quickly left the teahouse to find it for me. I dropped it after taking a pic of a baby Yak (I love animals!). A Sherpa handed it to a couple of Westerners on the trail and Ram/Mekman got it off them. Thanks heaps for finding my phone, it had a lot of pics of Everest on it so I'm so happy you found it for me. I recommend Nepalecoadventures to anyone. They will take care of you and show you scenery that you never thought existed on earth.
- Mardi Himal TrekMardi Himal with Nepal Eco Adventure6th May, 2018I made a 10 days trip to Mardi Himal with Nepal Eco Aventure. This trek usually takes 6 days but my agency was awesome and arranged a trek starting with ABC trail which reached Mardi Himal’s trail through an unknown path in the pristine and the jungle forest. I really had a great time with my guide Narayan Rai. He knew the area like his pocket so we were “off-track” for a certain part of the trip, which was great and a lot less touristy. I am well-travelled and I have experienced a lot of guides, but Narayan is by far the best ! He was the kindest man I ever met, honest and really fun to travel with. We often had very interesting conversations on Nepal and other topics around the fire when the night was dark and I never had time to get bored. If there is one guide that I can recommend it is him ! I am sure, he would be very happy to help you, here is his number: +977984-3364602 Namaste ! Julien
- Mardi Himal TrekBest Trek Experience Ever!21st May, 2018My dad and I quickly set up a last minute trek with Nepal Eco Adventure. We only had a week in Nepal and were looking for an adventure that would show us the most of Nepal. We were told to do the Mardi Himal trek and it did not disappoint. We had the best guide (Keshab Sapkota) who was super knowledgeable and made sure that we were taken care of. He made sure that we were able to enjoy the trek and not be pushed to our absolute limit. We had an amazing porter (Raj) that was super friendly as well. Our experience couldn't have been better. If you are even thinking about doing a trek through Nepal, just talk to Nepal Eco Adventures. They will make sure that you are taken care of and that you are super satisfied with your experience. I can't wait to return to Nepal and do another trek with this company.
- Mardi Himal TrekOutstanding guide, smooth experience on Mardi Himal Trek9th January, 2018My best friend and I (both guys in our twenties) did the seven-day Mardi Himal trek with Nepal Eco Adventure in October 2017. The experience was incredible and will be a cherished lifetime memory. I think I would have enjoyed a Nepal trip independently or with any company, but there are two main aspects of the Nepal Eco Adventure experience that stood out (especially compared to the experiences of other travelers I spoke to): 1. Chandra, our guide. This guy was simply outstanding. He was constantly kind, hard-working, thoughtful, creative, fun, and considerate. Everything he did was in an effort to give us a better experience- but on top of that, he was kind to everyone we encountered (foreigner and Nepali, young and old) which allowed us to interact closely with people we couldn't have interacted with alone. Those interactions really made the trip, in my opinion. 2. Professional, well-oiled, organized experience. The trip went off without a hitch, which is not easy to accomplish in Nepal given the variables in and out of a company's control. Nepal Eco Adventure does a great job making contingency plans and having backups. They are honest with their customers and happy to work with you flexibly. To demonstrate this, we talked with a former Nepal Eco Adventure customer who was in-country during the 2015 earthquake and had to cancel half his trip. The owner of Eco Adventure immediately fully refunded him for that part of the trip in cash USD. That's stand-up professionalism. I will come back to Nepal, that's for sure- and I won't hesitate to get in touch with Nepal Eco Adventure when I do.
- Annapurna Panorama TrekAmazing Experience of my Life18th December, 2019Myself and my boyfriend did the Annapurna Panorama trek over Christmas 2013. Without a doubt it was one of the most memorable and amazing experiences of my life. My boyfriend had been recommended Chhatra back in 2011 from a friend and Chhatra organised a short 3 day tour for him. So we had no hesitation in contacting Nepal Eco Adventure for our 2 week trip to Nepal. Before the trek, Chhatra offered a series of different treks to suit my indecisiveness. He also offered great advice based on our preferences. Chhatra sorted out our internal flights to Pokhara and even booked us an early morning Everest scenic flight. When the flight didn't take off, he assisted in us getting all the money back quickly and efficiently. During the trek itself, Chhatra was our guide. He was great to be around and really helped us get a good understanding of the local culture and customs in the villages we stayed in. I really did get so much out of our holiday and for that I must thank Chhatra and his insight and advice. I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure if you are looking for a safe, reliable and professional trekking company to the Himalaya.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekAMAZING EBC, Cho-la Pass and Gokyo trek9th May, 2021I just did the Trekking EBC - Chola pass - Gokyo Lake and I am still assimilating the landscapes and the experiences, it has been amazing ... I will never thank Eco Nepal Adventure enough for the magnificent organization of the route and for lending me a good coat, sleeping bag and even trekking poles at no cost. Infinite thanks to my guide, Deepen, for taking care of me all the time, for always listening and helping me, incredible his ability to recognize the road even when it is new and there is no visibility! You're the best! I recommend this company to everyone to do any trek, Chhatra (its manager) is a great professional, responsible and attentive, aware of everything you may need and with excellent treatment both with the client and with his workers. Recommended 100% and I hope to repeat soon!
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekEBC trek ...group tour like a family trip28th May, 2018It was a adventure! And in the beginning I didn’t know what I have to expect or what will expect me. Chatraum, the most helpful General Manager answered all of my (silly) questions and the day we met it was like meeting a friend. After having a 6hr sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with a fabulous guide (sorry, I missed to write down the correct name spelling), Chhatra explained everything about the trek and advised us to our guides Arun and Bijay. The 10-man group didn’t know each other but became suddenly very close...adventurous flight to Lukla and then the trek starts. Arun and Bijay led the group perfect, mixed with fun and knowledge about nature and culture. The stays were perfectly chosen and even they introduced us to Sherpa food. The days went easily by. Unfortunately I got healthy problems after day 2 but Doctor Bijay had the right stuff to cure... Reaching EBC was hilarious, once in a lifetime moment I could share with my new family! Wonderful days, perfect organized trek, great guides and porters...thanks to all Nepal Eco Adventure team members! Finally we were stucked in Lukla but Bijay found a way out of this situation so that I could manage to reach my international flight...that’s what I really appreciated I came as a foreigner but Chhatra, Arun, Bijay and all the guys made me feel like a friend...and we stay like that. To everyone: I can really recommend Nepal Eco Adventure! Hiking tours on highest level!
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekProfessional and Care-Free Trek15th September, 2017I booked the Base Camp/Chola Pass/Gokyo trek. I couldn’t have been happier with the trip. The Owner, Chattra, was extremely helpful in assisting me prepare for the trek. He was informative and timely in answering my questions. In addition, once in Kathmandu Chattra provided our group with some last minute recommendations to make sure that we were ready for the trek. While out in the mountains, our guide, Keshab, along with the assistant guide and porters were all fantastic. They catered to everyone’s needs and were always looking out for our safety. By booking the tour and having a guide it really helped alleviate much of the stress one would incur if they attempted to trek in the Himalayas guideless. Everything from our passes/permits, accommodation and food was taken care of. All we had to follow our guide and walk (which at times can be a litter harder than it sounds). Also, as a solo traveler I found it enjoyable to trek with a group. I was fortunate to meet some great people from all over the world. Oh, and of course the trek itself was amazing. The mountains were absolutely gorgeous. Clearly, I’d highly recommended booking a trip with Nepal Eco Adventure. They’ll provide you with a professional and care-free Himalayan trekking experience.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekIncredible EBC, Cho-la Pass and Gokyo trek14th September, 2017I joined the EBC, Cho-la Pass and Gokyo trek leaving in mid-March. I was introduced to the group in Kathmandu before we flew to Lukla. The trek was incredible, exceeding expectations with nearly perfect weather, stunning views and great people. Keshab, our lead guide was excellent. Clearly explaining our plans, making sure we were in good condition (food, medical checkups including blood oxygen tests etc.) and always giving us honest advice. He really went above and beyond, tweaking our itinerary as we went to make sure we saw the sights in the best conditions (lighting, weather, avoiding other groups etc.) while at the same time taking into account everyone's speed, making sure to push us just the right amount to get the best experience. When one of our group members started suffering from altitude sickness, our guides were prompt and professional, explaining the situation, the options and always putting safety first. Having heard stories of some guides being over-eager to fly in rescue helicopters, it was great to see the professionalism on display here (everything worked out fine in the end). Chhatra was always quick and clear when responding to email (seemingly regardless of timezone!) and when we saw him in Kathmandu. I looked into lots of options when planning a trip to EBC, including other tour operators, independent guides and going solo, but after my experience with Nepal Eco Adventure, I'm already thinking about returning to Nepal and will undoubtably be organising things through Nepal Eco Adventure in the future!
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekMost amazing hike to EBC, Cho La pass and Gokyo13th September, 2017My brother in law Marc and I booked a group trip not knowing who were in our team. We were so fortunate to spend 2 weeks with 4 wonderful other trekkers, Steve, Seth, Claire and Jon and with the nicest team led by Keshab. With his experience leading a group up the mountain, he showed us the most amazing scenery, told us stories about the people and made our trip so much fun. I can really recommend this organisation and Chattra who runs it from Khatmandu goes to the extreme to make it a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Ghorepani-Poonhill TrekPerfect experience!4th September, 2022I have just finished doing a trek with a friend up to Poonhill and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I cannot recommend Nepal Eco Adventure highly enough. The hike was the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen. We stopped in local guesthouses and our guide Ram made sure we were always comfortable and had great views too. From the beginning Chhatra was so helpful in helping us organise the trek and make the most of our time here. Ram was our guide and was incredible. He was so informative and fun, and so caring. I got unwell on our final night due to altitude and he was so kind and caring towards me and knew exactly what to do. Amir was our porter and was really lovely too, always smily and helped us out whenever he could. If I come back to Nepal there’s no doubt that I would use Nepal Eco Adventure again.
- Ghorepani-Poonhill Trek"Expérience inoubliable"18th December, 2019Nous sommes partis en couple à la fin du mois d'avril 2017 et avons effectué le circuit Ghorepani-Poonhill. Nous n'avions jamais fait de trek de notre vie et nous avons adoré cette première expérience. Les paysages étaient magnifiques, encore mieux que ce que l'on avait imaginé. En ce qui concerne Nepal Eco Adventure, nous n'avons eu à nous inquiéter de rien durant le voyage. Au delà de l'organisation très professionnelle, ce sont des petits détails qui ont fait la différence : à Ghorepani par exemple, notre guide Arun s'est arrangé pour changer notre chambre à la lodge pour que nous ayons une meilleure vue des montagnes. Notre guide Arun nous donnait plein d'informations sur la région, la culture et l'environnement. Au final, nous n'avions pas beaucoup de temps (8 jours) mais nous aimerions revenir au Népal pour faire un trek plus long car le pays, ses habitants et ses montagnes nous sont restés sous la peau. Merci à Nepal Eco Adventure, Arun et Lakpa pour cette expérience inoubliable.
- Ghorepani-Poonhill Trek“Trip of a lifetime!”15th December, 2016In the mat of the car that was driving us around it was written "anything is possible". I found it very pertinent as I felt it is the attitude of everyone at Nepal Eco tours. With very knowledgeable guides like RaJu who would take us to special places to get better or unique experiences and/or buy our trinkets directly from the makers to our driver Shreehari who made being stuck in traffic a lot of fun and navigating through the chaotic streets a breeze. Not to forget Chhatra who is always very responsive and organized and was super flexible and helpful with our endless queries. And lastly but not least our amazing mountain guide Kumar that always made sure we were looked after and stayed at the best tea houses not to mention his patience with our endless queries "are we there yet?". I cannot recommend them enough and will for sure be back to Nepal with them for more adventures.
- 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp TrekAnnapurna Base Camp with Bishnu and Shyam1st June, 2020My mom and I had an incredible trip with Nepal Eco Adventure. Shyam and Bishnu were our guides and they were very experienced. They made a great team! Shyam spoke fluent English and Bishu was kind, funny, and knowledgeable about the route and area. The guest houses were comfortable, and nearly all of them had internet access (sometimes for a small fee). Chhatra was very responsive over email before the trip and answered any questions that came up. It was only the two of us on the trek so we got to go at our own pace and even adjusted the trip when the conditions at ABC weren't favorable. We were sad to miss Base Camp, but ended up making the right decision not to go given an avalanche risk. Overall, we were very happy with the experience and friendliness of the guides, the flexibility to change the schedule when something came up, and how smoothly the lodging/transportation/etc went. The region was absolutely stunning and we would recommend this trip and company to anyone trekking in Nepal!
- 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp TrekABC end of season13th September, 2017We had an amazing experience! Nepal Eco Adventure provided us with gear, accommodation and transportation service and an amazing guide. Keshab, knew a lot and was super friendly. During our trip we enjoyed the typical Nepali milked tea and Dahl Bat, in addition to the amazing views of the ninetieth highest mountain in the world. Don't miss it! Highly recommended!!
- 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp TrekAnnapurna Base Camp12th September, 2017Myself and 3 others did the classic Annapurna Base Camp trek with Nepal Eco Adventures in mid May and we couldn't have had a better experience. Chattra was great in answering any questions and making last minute changes for us and our guide Keshab was wonderful. Keshab was always there to take care of all of our needs before, during and after the hike. He is a kind person and we shared a lot of fun moments with him. He spoke great English, gave us tips on what we should and shouldn't eat, made sure we had a wonderful time and we always felt extremely safe and secure. The views were spectacular, and the overall trip was amazing. I highly recommend this trip and company to everyone.
- 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp TrekAnnapurna Base Camp Trek18th December, 2019We engaged in Nepal Eco Adventure through their website and contacted Chhatra. After discussing the itinerary through email, we made arrangements to travel to Nepal at the end of May. It was the end of the peak season so the crowd was a lot lesser. We were introduced to our guide Ramesh and then our 9 day trek begins. Annapurna Base Camp trek could be a little tough for people who do not really exercise because the terrain is mountainous and we had to ascend and descend steep slopes almost everyday. One of us had suffered from pain in the knee and Ramesh helped a lot with his first aid knowledge and medicines that he carried with him. Ramesh is an experienced guide who will do his best to make sure our needs were met. Our assistant guide Sandeep was very patient and friendly. He would always walk behind us as the last man and the ones who had fall behind the group were looked after. He would often assist Ramesh in taking orders for our meals and requests in the tea houses. It was a great trip with Nepal Eco Adventure and things such as logistics and accommodation in Kathmandu and during trekking went mostly smoothly as planned. Last but not least, the porters were wonderful. They worked hard to transport our bags and sometimes assisted us in ways more than they should have.
- 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp TrekTrekking to Annapurna Base Camp with Chhatra Karki9th July, 2011How do you pick a guide from the thousands that present on the web these days? Especially when your dream is to travel to Nepal, and complete a trek for the first time in your life. I hope the following may help some people make a good decision for themselves in choosing a guide for what we initially thought was going to be a once in a life time experience, although we are now coming back for more!!! We are not so young anymore, although reasonably fit. One of us also has a kind of dodgy knee which just adds to the mix. We were lucky in that our much younger and very fit son had recommended and encouraged us to contact Chhatra Karki in Nepal, although I must say we were worried that Chhatra might be expecting we could match our son’s fitness and strength. A few years ago, our son and Chhatra had trekked together for a considerable time, including around the Annapurna Circuit. All I can say is we did bight the bullet and we contacted Chhatra by email on: email@example.com. Right from the first response we felt at ease and knew our trek to the Annapurna Base Camp was going to be well worth the effort.You probably need to know that sometimes you may need to wait a while for a response from Chhatra because he does the trekking himself and may be in the mountain when you first try to make contact but he will respond when he can. There were so many important things for us about our trek, but briefly: Chhatra is a registered guide; he’s local; he’s independent so we know our money was going to stay in Nepal; this also means that comparitively, Chhatra’s prices are much cheaper than bigger companies; Chhatra grew up in the mountains and knows them so well; he’s patient with even dodgy knees and watches closely at all times for how we’re faring; he’s flexible; has a great sense of compassion; has years of experience despite his young looks; he has a wonderful head porter by the name of Santosh who is lots of fun to have around, plus he knows all there is to know about leeches, and was always concerned about our care and wellbeing. Chhatra has fantastic English skills (my attempts at Nepali have vene improved), and he impressed us both by the way he encouraged Santosh to learn English,and his general interest and concern about Santosh’ future. We have learned a lot about Nepal on our trek, and it has been made relevant by the stories Chhatra has told us. He has a strong commitment to Nepal’s future, and the future of our environment in general. Chhatra’s been a guide for a long time. We are already planning our next trek with him and hopefully some of our friends will come with us this time. I would suggest that if you have any queries about trekking in Nepal that you contact Chhatra and run your ideas past him. I’m sure like us you won’t be disappointed.
- Shivalaya – Gokyo – Chola pass – EBC TrekShivalaya-Gokyo-Cho La Pass-EBC Trek12th May, 2018"I did the 21 days Shivalaya-Gokyo-Cho La Pass-EBC Trek and was totally happy with it. The landscape and the mountains are just incredible. Giri, my guide, took good care of me during the whole trip and answered all my thousand questions about the life in Nepal. :) Also Chhatra in the office was very helpful in planning my trip beforehand. If you plan to do this trek as well, definitely bring some warm clothes and be ready for tons of other tourists. Especially the EBC trail is super busy. The first week though will be pretty quiet and if you want an insight in the local and rural life of Nepal the part from Shivalaya to Lukla is highly recommended. On Cho La Pass you have to walk for a short part on a glacier. While it's doable with normal trekking shoes it's definitely more comfortable to walk this part with some crampons on. And last but not least, make sure you have an extra day or two spare before your international flight, when flying out of Lukla. Even though the weather is a bit more stable towards the end of the year, days without any flights still can happen occasionally. So all in all I had a very good time on my trek and a big thank you for that goes out to Giri and Chhatra."
- Kathmandu Nagarkot TourSuch a great company !!!15th March, 2015I was with guide named (Raju) , when I first booked with Nepal Eco Adventure stating that I'm a photographer , they assigned a photographer guide with me , who made my visit much easier and better , offering best sighted for me plus suggesting the right time of day to visit , but this guy didn't stop there , at the last day I got sick he was with me the whole time , carrying my medicines caring for me , like we are family !!! God bless you sir .Thank you Nepal Eco Adventure , Thank you Raju you are the best . Visited February 2015
- Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter ReturnNo words21st October, 2022The Adventure began with the short flight to Lukla and the landing on this dangerous Airport :) There we got a tea and something to eat and we had enough time to talk to our guide BISE. He was very good educated, friendly and new during the trek all about nature and animals. Nepal eco adventure is a very good organization, that cares perfect for their clients. For instants they always look, if there is the possibility of a high altitude sickness. We always went every day about 6 hours to the next destination wich lay normally about 500m higher, than the last day. There we took a tee and went the same day 300 m higher and back at the same day. This is a good possibility to avoid high altitude sickness and sleep better. It ist so beautiful to walk and walk and forget to think. You only feel the beauty of being in tune with the nature. It was exhausting but worth every second Thank you nepal Eco Adventure and my guide Bise, that I could enjoy everything, because I always felt safe, because of the good organization
- Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter ReturnExceptional Execution20th May, 2022From beginning to end, Nepal Eco team were extremely responsive.Our guide Ram Basnet was exceptional. Was very funny and knowledgeable. He knew every details of the trip and also knew how to handle the challenges related to altitude.My tip for fellow travelers, make sure you have an excellent guide - will make it enjoyable and manage through the altitude issues wisely.
- Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter ReturnYES!!! Look no further!7th April, 2022Nepal Eco Adventure is the real deal! We booked our trip right before the COVID outbreak and had to postpone it for over 2 years. Chhatra was in constant contact and answered all of my numerous questions patiently and with knowledge. Our guide, Shyam, was an absolute GEM! He was kind, supportive, knowledgeable and extremely competent. Our porter, Buddha Rai, was an ox! Small in stature, huge in strength with a smile that would melt your heart. I would without a doubt recommend Nepal Eco adventure to anyone looking to trek. I’d give 10 stars if the rating went that high!!!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekkingAmazing trek thanks to our amazing guide Kedar18th May, 2022Amazing company to travel with, I had a great experience. Chhatra was really quick to reply to any questions I had for the trek. Our guide Kedar was just amazing from beginning till the end of the trek. Very informative, helpful, good English and very nice to talk to. When we got stuck in Lukla because of the weather Kedar was amazing in organising a way for us to get back to Kathmandu. Our porter Min was also impressive, very strong and fast and always had a smile for us. If you are looking for a trekking agency in Nepal this is the one to use and I would definitely recommend asking Kedar for your guide. And I would definitely chose this trek over the Everest base camp.It's more challenging but 100% worth the extra effort
- Everest Three High Passes TrekkingEverest Three High Passes...Absolutely AMAZING!16th April, 2020A trip if a life time that I will never forget!!! I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure and if you have a minute to read below you’ll find out why. I travel a lot and Nepal Eco Adventure is one of the most professional travel agencies I’ve come across and definitely the most helpful and accommodating! Everest base camp (EBC) has been on my travel bucket list since forever. As I was doing my research online, I came across Nepal Eco Adventure and all the trekking options they offer. Extensive list with lots of options. After reading some of the itineraries, EBC via Gokyo-Chola pass really stood out for me. But I did not stop there. I thought as I was going to spend 20 days in Nepal, I might as well make the most of my holiday and visit Bhutan and Tibet. I contacted Nepal Eco Adventure and I had a very quick respond from Chhatra (CEO of the agency). Chhatra is amazing! He helped my plan all my three trips I mentioned above and always had an answer for my never ending questions. I was a solo female traveller and had some concerns but Chhatra reassured me that they get lots of solo females on their treks and I would be okay. And I was more than okay, I had an amazing trip of a lifetime. As I was travelling March/April, my holiday got affected by the coronavirus. I was not able to go to Tibet and Bhutan. Chhatra was very helpful and accommodating and I ended up doing the Everest Three High passes trek with another solo female trekker from Scotland. So happy that I did because it is the ultimate Himalayan trek and it’s absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend this trek. It was challenging but when you have a guide as amazing as Ram and a very helpful porter like Deepak, you’ll have no worries. Our guide Ram was the best guide ever! He was so knowledgeable, helpful and funny and the trekking wouldn’t have been the same without him. We had other trekkers approaching us and asking Ram for advice and directions and he was always happy to help. Due to the coronavirus, Nepal went into lockdown while we were half way on our trek on over 5000m altitude. Tea houses started closing down and there were many stranded and concern trekkers how would they get back to Kathmandu. Chhatra, Ram and Deepak made sure we stayed in very good tea houses and we were always well looked after. We completed the trek with no worries and they made sure we got back to Kathmandu safely. And even when our trek was completed and they had no further obligation to us, they still stayed in touch with us whilst we were stuck in lockdown in Kathmandu and made sure we were okay till we got back home safely to UK. Chhatra, Ram and Deepak are amazing guys, it was a real pleasure knowing them and I can not thank them enough for everything they did. I’m still in touch with Chhatra and Ram, and when all this coronavirus drama is finished I am planning to return back to Nepal and do a climbing challenge like Mera Peak or Island peak and of course then visit Bhutan and Tibet. I am going to mention this again, I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure and you will not make a mistake if you choose them for any of the treks and tours they offer! Thank you so much for everything and hope to see you again soon!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekkingEverest Three High Passes...Absolutely AMAZING!!!16th April, 2020A trip if a life time that I will never forget!!! I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure and if you have a minute to read below you’ll find out why. I travel a lot and Nepal Eco Adventure is one of the most professional travel agencies I’ve come across and definitely the most helpful and accommodating! Everest base camp (EBC) has been on my travel bucket list since forever. As I was doing my research online, I came across Nepal Eco Adventure and all the trekking options they offer. Extensive list with lots of options. After reading some of the itineraries, EBC via Gokyo-Chola pass really stood out for me. But I did not stop there. I thought as I was going to spend 20 days in Nepal, I might as well make the most of my holiday and visit Bhutan and Tibet. I contacted Nepal Eco Adventure and I had a very quick respond from Chhatra (CEO of the agency). Chhatra is amazing! He helped me plan all my three trips I mentioned above and always had an answer for my never ending questions. I was a solo female traveller and had some concerns but Chhatra reassured me that they get lots of solo females on their treks and I would be okay. And I was more than okay, I had an amazing trip of a lifetime. As I was travelling March/April, my holiday got affected by the coronavirus. I was not able to go to Tibet and Bhutan. Chhatra was very helpful and accommodating and I ended up doing the Everest Three High passes trek with another solo female trekker from Scotland. So happy that I did because it is the ultimate Himalayan trek and it’s absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend this trek. It was challenging but when you have a guide as amazing as Ram and a very helpful porter like Deepak, you’ll have no worries. Our guide Ram was the best guide ever! He was so knowledgeable, helpful and funny and the trekking wouldn’t have been the same without him. We had other trekkers approaching us and asking Ram for advice and directions and he was always happy to help. Due to the coronavirus, Nepal went into lockdown while we were half way on our trek on over 5000m altitude. Tea houses started closing down and there were many stranded and concern trekkers how would they get back to Kathmandu. Chhatra, Ram and Deepak made sure we stayed in very good tea houses and we were always well looked after. We completed the trek with no worries and they made sure we got back to Kathmandu safely. And even when our trek was completed and they had no further obligation to us, they still stayed in touch with us whilst we were stuck in lockdown in Kathmandu and made sure we were okay till we got back home safely to UK. Chhatra, Ram and Deepak are amazing guys, it was a real pleasure knowing them and I can not thank them enough for everything they did. I’m still in touch with Chhatra and Ram, and when all this coronavirus drama is finished I am planning to return back to Nepal and do a climbing challenge like Mera Peak or Island peak and of course then visit Bhutan and Tibet. I am going to mention this again, I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure and you will not make a mistake if you choose them for any of the treks and tours they offer! Thank you so much for everything guys and hope to see you again soon!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekkingEverest EBC and 3 pass1st June, 2018Amazing service and Kumar our guide was superb, proficient, smart, kind! Great company! Bring warmth clothing and be ready for Dhal Bat, lot of it!! Stay away from meat and fish once you start the trek!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekkingAmazing - thank you Rajendra!28th March, 2018What an amazing trekking company to do business with. We booked the 3 high pass nearly 8 months in advance and had instant and efficient email communication with chhatra (owner). Lots of simple questions and requests were answered with ease before our trek even started. Then we met our guide at the airport, Rajendra Karki, who was vivacious and excited to meet us. He was genuine from the start. He was incredibly knowledgeable with over 10 years guiding experience, never faulting to answer my many questions regarding the trek to come. Kathmandu and the city tour were okay, not really my cup of tea, but that’s just the way it goes visiting hindu and buddhist temples - they’re not for everyone. Meeting Chhatra was excellent! He was warm and accomodating and helped us replan our trek so we could add in Island Peak, whilst still maintaining an anti-clockwise route through the passes. We arrived in Kathmandu for Holi Festival, which was a complete hoot! We did get partially “abducted” by a group of lightly intoxicated young blokes and walked a few km’s with them towards the main party in the square, but it was easy enough to indulge them and then politely depart. Never once did I feel unsafe. The trekking itself started ominously for me, as I contracted a stomach bug on the night before we flew to lukla, and required the toilet 8 times before sunrise. Some immodium definitely helped here, and potentially would’ve improved me sooner had I read the instructions on dosage properly...anyway. I struggled from Lukla to Phakding because I was tired and refused to eat and drink. After a sleep and lots of encouragement from Raj to restore my strength, I had soup and more fluids and slowly became my usual self. By the time we were in Namche I was feely pretty good. Raj measured our pulse oximetery every night and I started off poor, around 84% at 3400m, but I improved to 86% or so by a few days time, at a higher elevation of 4000m. I think if I was well, I would’ve been more around 90+ per cent, which was what others in the trek were reading at Namche (3400m). On the way back down I was 96% at Namche! We had an amazing time after this during the trek. We parted ways with some of our trekking companions as we all had different itineraries, and that had us separating after Dingboche. I definitely missed the crew for the rest of trip, but Raj and Bikraj (our porter) made for great company the whole way along. I was homesick for a few days wherein I became a bit narky, and it didn’t even phase Raj. He was polite and funny and gave space when I needed it. Granted, he was aways asking us to drink more and was disappointed in me every time I didn’t finish a meal - sorry Raj! I have to admit, I had a poor appetite until we had finished the final pass and started to descend. I was eating, but I could’ve eaten more I think, if I had the appetite for it. AMS is an interesting thing - you really dont recognise it until you reflect on your day. Some days we would smash a pass without any harsh/rapid breathing, and other days it would absolutely smash you. The last pass, I kept frowning the whole way up, and expressed my anger to Raj because he kept saying “nearly there”, but it was an hour before we were actually “there”. Turns out he was right, but it just looked so damn far away! Again, sorry Raj! Island peak, we had a different guide who took us from base camp, up and back. He was quite a poor guide compared to Raj, or any of the guides from Nepal Eco Adventure. He had poor English, no medical or first aid equipment, gave us relatively poor instruction on our rope work and failed to slow us down on the ascent. See it’s 1.30am, pitch black and you just walk up a mountain following the guide, using a headlamp... As a result, we developed serious AMS, could hardly catch our breath and I got stomach/wind pain and had to poo twice on the mountain (in -30deg celcius mind you). We made it to crampon point at around 5900m, at about 4am, which is far too fast. We decided to turn around because of how cold and ill we were. The guide also said it was another 4 hours to summit, but it was actually only about an hour, and wouldve been 3 he’s back down after that... but we didnt know this until we reached the base camp and clarified with him. Shame really, but just goes to show how important guides are if you are inexperienced with climbing and particularly, the signs of AMS. I’m a physiotherapist and I still had to do a lot of internal processing to identify if it was actually AMS or just malaise, etc. Also, if you do the island peak, make sure you ask for a pillow - turns out sleeping in a tent with nothing but a bottle of sunscreen for a pillow is really crummy. All in all we had an amazing trip, and I strongly believe this was due to booking through this company with Chhatra and our guide Rajendra. I will probably return to do Annapurna and Raj will be my first request. Also, disclosure to all who aren’t used to tipping, make sure you do tip generously. The guides only work for a few months of the year during “season”. Even though Chhatra pays his guides fairly compared to many other companies, it still is really vital to the prosperity of the guides. Happy trekking!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekEverest EBC and 3 pass1st June, 2018Amazing service and Kumar our guide was superb, proficient, smart, kind! Great company! Bring warmth clothing and be ready for Dhal Bat, lot of it!! Stay away from meat and fish once you start the trek!
- Everest Three High Passes TrekThree Passes trek - amazing experience30th May, 2017Did the Three High Passes trek in May 2017, organised by Nepal Eco Adventures. What an amazing experience, we had the time of our life! The owner of the company, Chattra, was very forthcoming and responded quick and adequately on our e-mails before we arrived in Nepal. After arriving he made sure everything went well, our pick-ups from and to the airport were well arranged and he stayed in contact with our guide during the trek. Also, when we had a few days left in Nepal after the trek, he arranged a trip to Chitwan for us very last minute. But most of all, we had a true blast with our guide Chandra. He is a highly experienced guide in the mountains and incredibly enthousiastic to share his knowledge about the nature, Nepali culture and religions with us. Full of energy, he made every single day during our trekking count. He was flexible in the itinerary and had a good feeling for our needs and wishes. He thought we would benefit from an extra acclimatisation day in the beginning and was confident we would make up for us later, which we did with ease. Also, he took us to various monastries and let us attend to buddhistic ceremonies, making the trip even more special. He made the experience of the Himalayas complete. Prem, our local, interim porter, did a great job as well, being very kind and helpfull. The trekking itself was really good, and because Chandra made sure we left early in the mornings (on the tough days around 4am) we had the best views during sunrise and it didn't feel as hard because it was so stunning. We highly recommend travelling with Nepal Eco Adventures and if Chandra is your guide you are lucky :)
- Gokyo Valley Trek"EBC trek May 24th 2017"17th June, 2018I was recommended to Nepal Eco tours and Chhatra from a friend who was living in Nepal for 2 years. From the moment we walked into Chhatra’s office until our Departure from Kathmandu we had the most amazing experience and the whole team looked after us so well! We were considering doing the Langtang trek but after speaking to Chhatra we decided to do the trek to Gokyo Ri. It was honestly the best experience of my life , I can’t reccomend others to do this trek enough! From start to finish the scenery was so spectacular along the way and by far the best view in Nepal at the end of the trek at the top of Gokyo Ri! Our guide walked with us at our own pace and always made sure we were healthy enough to keep going right to the end. If you’re only considering doing the EBC trek I would suggest to think about either adding on Gokyo Ri or switching to this trek. The path is less crowded and the views are much more rewarding! Don’t even hestitate to book any tours through Nepal Eco tours , you will have zero regrets and friends for life!!!
- Langtang Valley TrekLangtang Valley Trek March 202231st March, 2022In January 2022 i came in contact with Nepal Eco Adventure. Chhatra explaned everything about the trek and the things you need or can bring on the trek. The day before the trek starts, you have a meeting at the office of NEA. All the papers, payment and equipment gets arranged. I booked a private Jeep, and that is well recomended. The drive to the starting point at Kathmandu is about 6 hours with a delicious local lunch. The next day the trek starts, my Sherpa and Guide (1 person, because i was the only one) Kedar, was really helpful, knows a lot about the region, and is good company. The whole trek is arranged, just the drinks, hot bucket shower when there is no shower, are your costs. Kedar arranged the guesthouses or hotels on the day, so you can adjust your walking step if the trek is to hard. I would certainly recommend NEA and Kedar for the future!
- Langtang Valley TrekTamang heritage and Langtang Valley trek with guide Bijay and porter Lama2nd April, 2018My husband and I just completed an 11 day(including two days bus travel) trek through the subject area. The Tamang heritage trek was very peaceful, with an amazing glimpse of Tibetan and Nepali culture as well as stunning scenery. The Langtang Valley portion of the trek was much busier, but also provided some great trekking with amazing views. Both areas were hit very hard by the 2015 earthquake. Estimate is that 500 lives were lost in the Langtang Valley alone. Evidence of destruction is everywhere, but the resilient locals are busy rebuilding their homes. Our guide Bijay was professional, knowledgeable and fun. He has an excellent knowledge of birds and is always keen to point out and let you see the birds and other wildlife with his binoculars. He is also very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the local culture. My husband was quite ill during the early part of the trek and Bijay was quick to adjust our trekking plans in order to allow my husband to heal. He also had a thorough stash of medications to help deal with common ailments. Bijay was also attentive to our adjustment to the higher altitudes and took our pulse and oxygenation levels regularly to ensure that we were not struck with altitude sickness. Our porter, Nima Sherpa a.k.a Lama, was a quiet and gentle man with a happy demeanour and a great sense of humour. We had great fun throughout the trek learning Nepali words with this great pair. Bijay and Lama were attentive to the food we were eating and went out of their way to ensure good hygiene in the preparation of our food at the tea houses. They both had very positive demeanours. They became our friends. Highly recommend trekking with this guide/porter combo. Thanks for the great experience and we are already looking forward to trekking with you again.
- Langtang Valley TrekLangtang Valley trek25th April, 2017Namaste, I recently returned from completing an 8 day trek to Langtrang with my guide Bijay Rajkarki and my porter Ray kumarthapa . I can honestly say that it was an extremely demanding trek in many areas , in terms of the weather and terrain and conditions in some of the tea houses. However, I was as well prepared as I could be and I was completely overwhelmed by the professionalism of both Bijay and Ray who worked tirelessly together as a team to smooth everything they possibly could for me. Safety was his utmost priority and he seemed to intuitively know exactly how to make mybtrek the most enjoyable . He was a mine of information along the way regarding every interesting aspect of the trek. I would wholeheartedly and unreservedly recommend them both as guide and porter. I will never forget this unique experience! Thank you Bijay and Raj. I wish you both well!
- Langtang Valley TrekLangtang Trek with Nepal Eco Adventure18th December, 2019I spent the past 2 weeks trekking with Nepal Eco Adventure in Langtang National Park. My friend and I contacted Chhatra from Australia and he did a fantastic job organising our itinerary to fit in with our travel plans. From the moment we landed in Kathmandu, we were well looked after by Chhatra. He not only sorted our accommodation in Kathmandu, but set about organising an amazing trek to Langtang National Park and Gosaikunda Lakes. He introduced us to our guide and porter Dawa and Irra, who were to become good friends by the end of our two weeks together (and fierce competitors in card games- Dhumbal)! We saw the most amazing scenery everyday, but it was really the Nepali people who made our trip so special. Thank you to Dawa for being the ever social 'Red Panda' and introducing us to so many people on our walks. Thank you to Irra who not only carried our bags, but patiently taught us some Nepalese language along the way. Chhatra did an amazing job in organising our trek, and we look forward to returning to Nepal for another trek with Nepal Eco Adventure in the future. For anyone travelling to Langtang, you will read in Lonely planet about the long bus trip (9hr) to travel 120km. They are not kidding. We caught the public bus to Syabrubesi to start our trek, which took over 9 hours with a lot of bumps and upset tummies along the way. For the way home from Dhunche we opted to pay the extra money for a jeep which took about 4.5hrs. Thanks to Dawa and Chhatra for organising this, it is well worth spending the money. The cost of a jeep is 10 000 Rupees and comfortably seats 7 people + driver. We found many travellers willing to share the cost of the jeep. We highly recommend this, as the public bus is over-crowded with people, goats and chickens; and is subject to many stops by the local police/military for some time as bags are searched. Nepal is an amazing country, I am already looking forward to my next trip.
- Langtang Valley TrekAmazing experience doing the Langtang Valley hike18th December, 2019I had an amazing experience doing the Langtang Valley hike this December. Since his reply to my very first email Chhatra had been really very helpful. He always provided me with honest details suiting my requirements. Before the hike and on my request he took me to a local shop where I bought a down jacket at a good price. Tshering, my guide during the trip, was amazing. He had lots of experience on Mountains and communicated really well. Almost always, we ended the hard days with either Raksi (locally distilled beverage) or Khukri (rum) having varied discussions sitting next to fire, which was delightful. We made a perfect team during the trip and indeed, became good friends. He offered me a bottle of Raksi made by his wife before my departure home. I highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure to anyone considering Nepal as their adventure destination, and would definitely contact them myself for my next trip to Nepal.
- Upper Mustang Trek"Upper Mustang - a little taste of Tibet - awesome!!!"18th December, 2019Well, what can I say? My 16 year-old son and I did the Upper Mustang trek in June / July with our guide, Narayan and our porter, Vikram, and just had the most wonderful time! I can't rate Chhatra and his team highly enough. They were friendly, knowledgeable and professional throughout and we felt looked-after and safe during the whole experience. Before the trip, Chhatra was really helpful, answering our numerous emails and questions quickly and during our trekking adventures Narayan and Vikram looked after us really well. Narayan is a qualified International Mountain Guide with 18 years experience and has been to the Hillary Step on Everest without Oxygen, so I felt very safe in his company. He has worked with Vikram for many years and they made a great team, helping us to wade across swollen rivers, taking us on trails not marked on the map and making sure we were safe at all times. It was a lot hotter than I expected (I spent the whole time in shorts and t-shirt), so Narayan also organised for our spare kit to be taken down the mountain when we realised our thermals etc. wouldn't be needed. The trek took us through amazing scenery and we visited monasteries and caves along the way. Lo Manthang is lovely, though has had some damage from the earthquake and they are working very hard to repair the damage - thoroughly worth the effort of getting there. (It is possible to get a jeep part or all the way to Lo Manthang if you don't fancy walking) Most of the houses and people in the Upper Mustang region are Tibetan so if you want a taste of Tibet (I was there a few years ago and it is extremely similar), then this is the trek for you! Tips for the trip: * Book an extra day or two onto your overall holiday. Flights weren't running from Jomsom due to bad weather on our way down, so we went on the local bus, which got stuck in the mud twice on the way to Pokhara - what an adventure! - but this put us a day behind schedule, so I was glad I'd booked an extra day at the end of our trip, just in case something like this happened. * Buy an umbrella in Pokhara to keep off the intense sun. Sometimes in the morningson the trek, it is very hot and there is no cooling wind, so a brolly is a great bit of kit. Try to buy one with a slivered underside - they work much better. Forget using brollies in the afternoon, though - the Anabatic winds can get really strong - I almost got blown off my feet once or twice! * Buy a dust mask. It is very dry and dusty in the Upper Mustang region and occasionally people put on masks when it gets too bad - this only happened 2 or 3 times during our trip, for about 10-15 minutes at a time, so not much of an inconvenience. We used our buffs, which worked fine, but I think a dust mask would work better.
- Upper Mustang TrekUpper Mustang Trekking18th December, 2019I trekked with Chhatra from Nepal Eco Adventure back in July/August 2012 through the Upper mustang region.Chhatra was an excellent guide, very organized and extremely helpful and knowledgeable, before, during and even after our trek. He spent some time showing us around Kathmandu and helped us organize the rest of our Nepal trip, post-trek. He gave us great recommendations for things to see, places to eat, etc. On the trek he exposed us to the culture of the Nepali mountain people and was even able to book a sitting to meet with the Prince of the Upper Mustang Region. Super friendly and great guide to trek with! Highly recommended.
- Langtang Circuit TrekAmazing Langtang Circuit Trekking29th October, 2012Hi all Recently I was traveling to Nepal on my own. So it was very important to me to find a good guide - especially after hearing all these stories about bad experience with guides (i know that are more the exceptions but if you are unlucky it can destroy your holidays). A friend of mine recommended Chhatra Karki and it was a good recommendation. During my 14-days trek I was really pleased to walk with him cause he is a very interesting and open-minded person. I was surprised how good his English is. Because he is a freelancer-guide the price is fair. Trekking alone to Nepal is really a good experience. You get in touch with way more people then trekking in a group.
- Langtang Circuit TrekBeautiful Langtang Circuit Trekking18th December, 2019I was living in Australia when I was looking at doing a trek in Nepal. I saw Nepal Eco Adventure online, did some research, and emailed Chhatra, the owner of the company. Chhatra was prompt, extremely thorough in answer questions and making suggestions to fit my criteria of a 14+ day trek with a few high points to climb. I ended up booking a trek tailored specifically to my dates through Langtang National Park, Gosainkunda lake region, the Helambu valley and Nagarkot, followed by a night in Bhaktapur, a beautiful city near Kathmandu. Chhatra was very clear on what was included in the program so there was no confusion and he even picked me up at the airport and dropped me off when I left. Chhatra runs a very thorough and intelligent company, plus he was a guide himself, so he understands the other side of trekking, so you end up with a company owner who understands the intricacies of all sides of this business. Chhatra found another person to help drop the costs on my end and quickly set up a porter to help the woman with her bag. Our guide, Jiba, was very experienced and knowledgeable. The accommodation was nice and the food was good and plentiful. Whenever I come back with the intention of using a guide, I will contact Chhatra only. I fell in love with Nepal on my trip and for good reason. Before I even left, I was trying to figure out what my next Nepal adventure would look like.
- Annapurna Circuit TrekkingGreat adventure21st October, 2022This was a very special Trek for me. One day before the trek I got a strong gastrointestinal disease with total diarrhea, I passed out and fell outside on the ground. In the afternoon we had the briefing for the trek, I dragged myself there, thinking, that the trek would not be possible for me, because I was so weak. Chhatra, the Manager told me: eat a lot, sleep well und tomorrow you can try to make the trek. If you feel the next days too weak, we can bring you back with a car. And he ordered a special guide with very much experience. His name was RAJ. That was the great luck for me, because RAJ cared very good for me and knew always, what to do in every situation. It is only because of RAJ, that I could join the whole trek. Everything was so beautiful and I was able to fulfill the dream of walking in high altitude surrounded by stunning Mountains Thank you so much RAJ.
- Annapurna Circuit TrekkingAnnapurna circuit17th September, 2022We just got back from the Annapurna circuit trek 15 day trek and have had the best 2 weeks. Booking with Nepal eco adventures was straightforward and they were happy to answer any questions we had prior to the trip. Bijay (our guide) and Dil (our porter) were absolutely fantastic from day 1. Anything that could have caused potential stress for us was immediately sorted, from arranging local transport to sorting the best places to stay and eat. Bijay was incredibly knowledgeable about everything on the circuit from bird and wildlife to local culture and religious practices. He was always keen to teach us and able to answer any questions that we had. He also managed to keep us going with a smile even on the tougher days. Dil was a pleasure to have on the trip, he met every day with with a smile and was always keen to have a laugh with us. I cannot recommend trekking with Bijay, Dil and Nepal eco adventures enough. Thank you for a fantastic trip!
- Annapurna Circuit TrekkingBest 15 Days of My Life!16th May, 2018I just completed the 15-day Annapurna Circuit Trek with Nepal Eco Adventure. I couldn’t have chosen a better company to trek with. I went with my best friend Ari and as someone who had never done a big trek before, I was pretty nervous. Nepal Eco Adventure made me feel like a seasoned, confident, and well-prepared trekker. Our guide, Raj, was absolutely unbelievable. He not only made me feel safe, but he got me excited everyday for the adventures to come. As a vegan, it can be daunting to travel and not be in charge of your own food. Raj went above and beyond by not only always confirming that we had incredible food to eat, but he even brought us vegan peanut butter cookies at the top of Throng La! I always felt like I could ask Raj anything. I learned a ton from him, had very meaningful conversations and laughed a bunch every day of the trek. Raj was so supportive, and any concerns I had he quickly removed and replaced with a huge smile on my face! Our porter, Hari Chandra, was awesome as well. He carried our belongings up the mountain and with his positive energy, he metaphorically helped carry us up the mountain too. Together our group was outstanding and Nepal Eco Adventure was the best choice ever! I can’t wait to hopefully have another adventure with them soon!
- Chisapani – Nagarkot TrekChisipani6th February, 2018We finished our month in Nepal, with a 3 day hike at the bottom of the hymalayas. We had read about Nepal Eco Adventures on Trip Advisor and decided to seek out their office and see if they lived up to the hype. After a bit of a search, we located the office and were not disappointed. The manager understood our requirements totally and with efficiency and speed organised our trip. The trek itself was difficult on the first day, but was stunning and we stayed in comfortable accommodation with breathtaking views on the first night and a very luxurious hotel (for Nepal)on the second night. The guide, Bijayraj was friendly, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable about Nepal, wildlife and in particular birds. The scenery amazing and the whole experience was the cherry on top for our trip. Would highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure and the same for Bijayraj as the perfect guide. Rob and Helen, London Town
- Ghorepani Poon Hill Ghandruk TrekProfessional and personalised service, excellent organisation and great team.20th May, 2018Nepal Eco Adventure is a great local trekking agency. They know their business and they have built a great reputation for it. They also have very reasonable fees. Whether you know exactly what treks you want to do or you need help to work it out, you’ll be in good hands with them. Their communication is always cordial, professional and transparent. We spent four weeks in Nepal and did two treks with them, a shorter one in the Annapurna region (Poon Hill Ghorepani) and a longer and more intense one in the Everest region (Gokyo Ri - Renjola Pass). Everything ran smoothly from our first contact by email with Chhatra (the manager) to the end of our trip. Chhatra was great advice and very responsive in helping us plan out and personalise our treks, and he was also very flexible and patient when we asked to change the dates several times. He provided us with large duffle bags (to be carried by the porter and to fit all our things during the trek), trekking poles, sleeping bags and down jackets. (By the way we could leave all our other things at our hotel - they all provide this service for free as long as you’ve spent at least one night with them). Our guide for the two treks was Shiva, who we highly recommend. He’s not only a very experienced senior guide, he’s also a great guy to be around - easygoing, cheerful and with a great sense of humour. He was great advice to help us manage and enjoy our treks and he was always very supportive, patient and encouraging, especially when we needed it the most in difficult parts in high altitude. We also had one porter on each of our treks who were both super nice and helpful. Our porter on the Gokyo trek was Santa and he’s honestly one of the strongest men I’ve met! He’s incredibly strong and agile, he seemingly can effortlessly carry heavy weighs and he was going faster than all of us! All this always with a smile on his face. It was a fantastic and unforgettable adventure and we had a great experience with Nepal Eco Adventure.
- Ghorepani Poon Hill Ghandruk TrekExcellent organization of our custom trek18th December, 2019I have recently returned from Nepal, where I spent three weeks with my wife. Nepal Eco Adventure arranged a totally custom trek for us, as healthwise I couldn't handle any of the big treks in one go, so we did the Ghandruk Loop and just a few days on the Helambu Circuit. Chhatra arranged an excellent guide and porter for us, while also booking domestic flights and getting the necessary permits. Whenever we needed help, Chhatra or his guide/porter were there for us. Very highly recommended, would love to do another trek in the future. Visited November 2014
- Langtang Gosaikunda TrekGreat langtang gosinkunda trek18th December, 2019We've just returned from an amazing trek Langtang Gosinkunda with Nepal Eco Adventure. Our whole trip was so well organised and made stress free by Chhatra who was also so friendly and helpful in person as well as efficiently emailing to organise prior to trek. Our guide and porter Dawa and Hira were also great, relaxed and knowledgable. Only recommendation is to organise prior to trek, a private jeep transfer (for app USD 100 extra) to avoid the day long local bus to start of Langtang trek, safer and much better if get motion sick! Visited November 2014
- Mardi Himal TrekMardi Himal base camp....fantastic trip27th May, 2018My son Erik invited me to join him in Kathmandu to celebrate his 30th birthday in early May with a Himalayan trek and he hit an absolute home run picking Nepal Eco Adventure as our outfitter. Chhatra suggested that we do the Mardi Himal base camp trek in the Annapurna range based on our timeframe and he could not have given us a better recommendation.....it was a amazing hike and experience in a land of wonderful people and stunning vistas. Our guide Keshab Sapkota and porter Raj Karki made this trip so enjoyable in every way and took excellent care of us...….they couldn't have done a better job. Keshab was totally professional in all of his duties and did not push us beyond what he felt we could comfortably accomplish, simultaneously educating us regarding all of the mountains, history and people around us. We cannot thank Chhatra, Keshab and Raj enough for this out-of-this-world experience and we give them the highest recommendation possible to anyone thinking of doing a Nepal trek.....they are very professional and efficient with reasonable and competitive pricing. FYI, we ran across other groups on the trail using other outfitters/guides and Keshab/Raj totally put them to shame as to the quality of experience......this is too good of an adventure to mess around with lower quality outfitting trying to save a few bucks, trust me. Cheers, Steve Speer
- Gokyo Valley TrekThank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!18th December, 2019So im not one to do a review but feel as of i must. I stumbled upon nepal eco adventure by chance through bookmundi. I was originally concerned about booking as you here about scams and also there are so many companies the choice can be difficult, so hopefully this helps. Ill start by saying choose Nepal Eco Adventures. My trip was sadly very short and to a strict schedule as I was on uni break and had an exam the day after arriving home. The company made the perfect itinerary for me and replied quickly to all my concerns, questions - you name it. I was treated so kindly and on arrival got a shirt and hat which I thought was a nice touch and something I can keep forever. After finishing my trek sadly a few days earlier than the rest of the group due to time I was invited out to a beautiful dinner by the company. Also being a 20 year old female I was very nervous about getting to and from the airport, where to stay etc and they helped me with everything. I can't thank the company enough. I can't wait to get back! You made 21st birthday one I'll always cherish.
- Langtang Circuit TrekTwo memorable weeks21st December, 2021I had a great time trekking during two weeks in Langtang valley on December 2021. The trek by itself is great, offering a wide variety of différents landscapes (jungle, then open terrain, glaciers, ...). My guide Kedar was very professional, friendly and attentive, and did everything that was possible to make the trip interesting and confortable. The accommodations that he chosen where very good too, alternatively typical tibetans guesthouses and very comfortable hotels so it was a good balance between traditions and confort. Overall it was a great experience, I would recommend this trek to anybody who consider going trekking in Nepal.
- Manaslu Circuit TrekManaslu Circuit2nd November, 2022Just finished the 14 day amazing and breathtaking Manaslu Circuit! It did not disappoint!! We choose this trek because of the cultural exposure, the natural beauty and because it was not heavily traveled. Our guide Bijay did a terrific job for our group. He took the time to explain the cultural significance of the sights and areas. He also was amazing at spotting wild goats, blue sheep and countless gorgeous birds and pointing them out to us, and sharing his binoculars so we could all enjoy 🙂 Bijay read our group’s level of fitness well and set the appropriate pace for the trek. We felt quite confident with him as a guide even in some of the sketchy landslide areas we encountered. He was attentive to our needs, was flexible and accommodating. We felt fortunate to have him as our guide. We were very well cared for on this trek starting with our communication with Chhatra, before and during our time in Nepal; our time trekking with our guide and we were blown away by our porters incredible work! Our porter Dihl was remarkable. The accommodations along the way were fine and the food was very good. I have no regrets or disappointments about choosing the Manaslu Circuit and using Nepal Eco Adventures for our trek. Be aware though that it is a rather challenging hike and is not for any who are afraid of heights. My brother chose not to do this trek with us because of that and for him it was definitely the right choice.
- Manaslu Circuit TrekManaslu Circuit Trek!20th April, 2019In March, my cousin and I went on a 12-day trek in Manaslu. We had a wonderful time, in no small measure due to our fantastic guide, Chiring Sherpa. Chiring has been on hundreds of treks throughout Nepal, and he knew many of the individual people we passed along our route. Chiring was flexible in terms of our itinerary and was always pleasant and kind. He was good company at the end of a long day of trekking, and we spent many evenings enjoying epic games of Dumbal (Nepalese card game) and learning Nepali. I always felt we were in safe hands on the trail and I don’t think we could have found a better guide. If you’re thinking about trekking in Nepal, I would definitely ask if Chiring is available - highly recommend!
- Annapurna Base Camp TrekkingThe Hospitality of Chhatra and His Company Are Incredible!18th December, 2019Prior to my trip to Nepal, I looked up guide services on Trip Advisor and I found Chhatra. Months prior to my trip, we coordinated with one another via email. As I never had been to Nepal, I was a bit skeptical and we got pestered at the airport and our hotel hosts were not exactly the most accommodating. When I met Chhatra, I could not help to feel skeptical and felt a little scared given my experience already in Kathmandu. I was NEVER more wrong!!! He turned out to be the best surprise of our trip. He was friendly, engaging, honest, helpful, and kind. Not only that, he went out of his way to help us after our trek to Annapurna. This guy is incredible. He gave us everything we wanted. He made us feel comfortable, supported, engaged, and most of all excited about our trip. We are hoping some day to return as I keep telling my significant other I want to return. I can guarantee you that we will be looking up Chhatra and his company to help us with our trek needs. You won't be sorry!!!
- Everest Base Camp with Island Peak ClimbingEverest Base Camp Trek With Island Peak18th December, 2019I had a wonderful time trekking to the Everest Base Camp with Nepal Eco. Chhatra was very enthusiastic in our communications before the trip and furnished me readily with the necessary details of visa, permits, documents, equipment, etc. He responds speedily and is meticulous in his information. My guide, Dawa, was an affable and jovial personality who was always glad to share his abundance of technical and cultural knowledge. We had quite a few drinks together and had a whale of a time in the mountains. I was unfortunate to meet with some ATM hiccups and ran out of cash mid-trek, but Dawa came to the rescue, lending me money and sponsoring my tea most of the time. After the EBC trek I was supposed to continue on to Island peak, but heeding Dawa's advice on the foul weather I decided against it. Chhatra was kind enough to reimburse me for that part of the trip; I believe few agencies would be as transparent and generous as he. Safe to say, I had the time of my life nonetheless, and it's all thanks to these guys.
- Annapurna Circuit TrekTrip of a lifetime : Annapurna Circuit6th April, 2018Arun, Bishnu, Raj and Prince made our trek amazing. They went above and beyond to make sure we were safe, happy and had the most amazing time. Arun taught us so much about the Nepali culture and answered all our questions honestly and thoroughly. He made sure we had everything we needed each day and helped with dietary restrictions and allergies. Bishnu is a trekking machine, he also recognized who needed help on what day and payed very close attention to our safety (more than once he had to catch me as I fell). On the night before we crossed Thorongla Pass he didn’t sleep because he hiked for 4 hours, in the dark to help one of our fellow travelers who suffered from altitude sickness back down the mountain so he could be airlifted back to Kathmandu. An unfortunate event that had nothing to do with the aptitude of our guides but was handled very safely and quickly. Raj and Prince, our porters, had smiles on their faces all the time, high fived us at the end of each day and carried an amount of weight that amazed me. Today is our last full day of the trek, we are in Pokhara at the moment and I feel so grateful for this amazing experience and at the same time I am so very sad to see it end. I can’t put into words how much I am going to miss my Nepali family and how much I recommend this trek with these beautiful people.
- Annapurna Circuit TrekBest trekking company in Nepal!16th May, 2018We just completed the 15-day Annapurna Circuit trek with Nepal Eco Adventure and were blown away by the whole experience. The company is super organized and Chhatra, the Business Manager, is professional and kind. He answered all of our questions before the trek, making us feel confident and safe. Nepal Eco Adventure gave us the gear we needed and took care of all of our permits, lodging, food, and transportation. Our guide, Raj, was absolutely sensational. He went above and beyond what we expected of a guide. Not only was his English excellent and his knowledge of the region extensive, but he made sure we were safe and happy in big and small ways. He checked our oxygen daily, provided us with medication and first aid when we needed it, gave us fresh fruit after every dinner, made sure we had tea whenever we were cold, sang with us on the trail, and laughed at all of our jokes. He is funny, kind, thoughtful, trustworthy, motivating, and hardworking - the best guide we’ve ever met. Additionally, we couldn’t have done this trek without our strong and fearless porter, Hari Chandra. He always had a smile on his face and was beyond helpful - without him our backs would have been broken! We loved getting to know both Raj and Hari Chandra and together it felt like one big family! We highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure to anyone wanting a safe, meaningful, fun, and transformative experience!We just completed the 15-day Annapurna Circuit trek with Nepal Eco Adventure and were blown away by the whole experience. The company is super organized and Chhatra, the Business Manager, is professional and kind. He answered all of our questions before the trek, making us feel confident and safe. Nepal Eco Adventure gave us the gear we needed and took care of all of our permits, lodging, food, and transportation. Our guide, Raj, was absolutely sensational. He went above and beyond what we expected of a guide. Not only was his English excellent and his knowledge of the region extensive, but he made sure we were safe and happy iWe just completed the 15-day Annapurna Circuit trek with Nepal Eco Adventure and were blown away by the whole experience. The company is super organized and Chhatra, the Business Manager, is professional and kind. He answered all of our questions before the trek, making us feel confident and safe. Nepal Eco Adventure gave us the gear we needed and took care of all of our permits, lodging, food, and transportation. Our guide, Raj, was absolutely sensational. He went above and beyond what we expected of a guide. Not only was his English excellent and his knowledge of the region extensive, but he made sure we were safe and happy in big and small ways. He checked our oxygen daily, provided us with medication and first aid when we needed it, gave us fresh fruit after every dinner, made sure we had tea whenever we were cold, sang with us on the trail, and laughed at all of our jokes. He is funny, kind, thoughtful, trustworthy, motivating, and hardworking - the best guide we’ve ever met. Additionally, we couldn’t have done this trek without our strong and fearless porter, Hari Chandra. He always had a smile on his face and was beyond helpful - without him our backs would have been broken! We loved getting to know both Raj and Hari Chandra and together it felt like one big family! We highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure to anyone wanting a safe, meaningful, fun, and transformative experience!n big and small ways. He checked our oxygen daily, provided us with medication and first aid when we needed it, gave us fresh fruit after every dinner, made sure we had tea whenever we were cold, sang with us on the trail, and laughed at all of our jokes. He is funny, kind, thoughtful, trustworthy, motivating, and hardworking - the best guide we’ve ever met. Additionally, we couldn’t have done this trek without our strong and fearless porter, Hari Chandra. He always had a smile on his face and was beyond helpful - without him our backs would have been broken! We loved getting to know both Raj and Hari Chandra and together it felt like one big family! We highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure to anyone wanting a safe, meaningful, fun, and transformative experience!
- Annapurna Circuit TrekAnnapurna Circuit Trek1st April, 2018I completed the Annapurna Circuit Trek with two others in March/April 2018. Without any undue hyperbole, it was probably the best thing I’ve ever done in my life so far. The trek was fantastic, the views without peer, and the guiding was absolutely brilliant. We were lead by Kumar, whose humour and experience ensured that morale was always sky high. He was assisted by Bishnu and Subash (porters), who were also fantastic. There was never a question they couldn’t answer, and the fruit platters they provided each evening were the envy of all other trekking groups we encountered en route. Altitude was never an issue - we had regular rest stops, acclimatisation days and daily oxymeter checks to ensure that our blood oxygen levels were fine (this was very reassuring). I would not hesitate to book again and I am very grateful to Kumar, Bishnu and Subash for making our trip as good as it absolutely could be.
- Annapurna Circuit TrekAmazing trip to Nepal with the utmost best service provider10th September, 2017I did the Annapurna circuit trek with Nepal Eco Adventure, with Chhatra as my guide. He was recommended to me by a friend. Cchatra really made the trip so wonderful, he had all the details down to a tee, he was very accommodating and knowledgeable, as well as being a true professional he is also so genuine and great fun! I also felt his insight into the country was really interesting. The two week trek was some experience, the scenery was stunning, the people we met along the way and accommodation we stayed in, were really lovely. We also had a great porter. I felt that by choosing Nepal Eco Adventure, that our experience could not have been bettered in any way. The trip was one of the best I've ever been on anywhere in the world, and the expense (which was very reasonable) was so worth every rupee!! Would definitely recommend them and would love to do a trip with them in the future again :)
- Annapurna Circuit TrekI wouldn't go to Nepal with anyone else.10th September, 2017I did the Annapurna Circuit with Nepal Eco Adventure and cannot recommend Chhatra and his team highly enough. Chhatra knows what Western travellers want and need. He is intelligent, informative, wise, careful and a mine of information about Nepal, its history and customs. He also has a fabulous team of porters and guides to back him up, who made the trip for us as much as the incredible scenery, walking and our fellow trekkers. Not only are you safe in Chhatra's extremely experienced hands but you will have a truly incredible time. I have been to the Himalayas twice, I long to go back - and when I do it will be with Nepal Eco Adventure.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekOnce in a lifetime experience with Nepal Eco!15th September, 2017I did the Everest base camp via Chola Pass with Nepal Eco Adventure and it had been a wonderful experience! First, the owner Chhatra has been very responsive and knowledgable in answering my questions and arranging my booking. He was a guide before and therefore he knows the mountain very well which makes him a perfect person to talk to if you have any doubts in your mind. Second, my guide Keshab and Dhana are wonderful. They literally made this trip a hassle free for me. Keshab is very experienced in taking care of a group and caring towards everyone's condition. He is an amazing guide and we all like him a lot. Dhana is my guide and he has one of the most caring and sweet personalities I have ever seen. He would carry my backpack and encourage me to keep going whenever I feel exhausted in the mountain. I wouldn't be able to complete the trek without Keshab and Dhana. The supporting guide Dulip and our porters are all fantastic as well. Last but no least, the company takes care of everything. They prepare fruit every night (so far we are the only group who get fresh fruit at the base camp), measure our blood oxygen level, help us change our flights in Lukla, etc. Everyone of them are super helpful and wants you to have a wonderful memory. They respect the mountain and the environment. I will have no doubts in recommending Nepal Eco Adventure to anyone who wants to go on a trek in Nepal.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekEBC - Cho La Pass - Gokyo Ri31st May, 2018Firstly - DO THIS ROUTE. I highly recommend including Gokyo Lakes and the Cho la pass into your Everest Base Camp trek – It’s only 3 extra days trekking and you will not regret it - the views are so much more beautiful than EBC, more challenging yes, but ultimately more rewarding. We had the most incredible journey with Nepal Eco. Before starting the trip we knew we wanted to trek with a group of people, to meet more travellers and make new friends. Though as fewer people choose to do the Gokyo/ Cho-la part of the trek, this proved difficult to find. After emailing multiple companies, Chhatra promptly came up with the best option for us, we joined a group of 11 others up to EBC then split off with a private guide to cross the Cho-la and climb Gokyo Ri. This meant we got the best of both worlds, we trekked with a group for the majority of the trip but also had the luxury of a private guide to take extra care of us and stick to our own pace. So, we were privileged to trek alongside 4 of Nepal Eco’s best guides Keshab, Bimal, Lakpa and Ram. Keshab was phenomenal, he always had my back, he stayed at the back of the group to support whoever was slower (often being me), and when I got symptoms of altitude sickness, he knew all the right things to do. He tailored the experience by balancing both the groups & the individuals specific needs to make sure we all made it to EBC, and we all did! His company along the trek was invaluable, a very personable guide/ friend and also hilarious – when I wasn’t struggling for breath I was laughing my head off. Bimal, our private guide, was very attentive to our needs, always making sure we had an extra blanket, were well fed and warm and taught us so much about the land and culture. Lakpa’s laugh was infectious and he brought so much positive energy and support to the group. Ram wasn’t even our guide, he was trekking with a private tour alongside us, yet he still constantly engaged and supported us along the way. We had the best chats and laughs with all our guides. They were all extremely knowledgeable and their primary focus was our health and wellness - as Bimal would always say “if we were okay, then he was okay". And of course we couldn’t have done it all without our porter Bhala, everyday having our bags clean and ready for us before we got to the tea houses. From Australia, we had plenty of options to go with Intrepid/ World Expeditions/ Gadventures or other Niche companies. We chose Nepal Eco for multiple reasons: 1) The Australian companies didn’t offer the Anti-clockwise route: EBC –> Cho la –> Gokyo, (only the clockwise route) and from our research we had learnt that Anti-clockwise is the much smarter route to take for adjusting to altitude. 2) We wanted our money to go towards the Nepal economy, rather than profits going to Australian companies. 3) Their reviews were great and were the highest rated Nepalese company. 4) Their overall tour cost was cheaper. 5) They included all meals, accommodation and extra gear (USE THEIR GEAR – it’s so warm) AND still managed to be cheaper than Oz companies. (Do take into account their tipping expectations, especially if doing a private tour. It’s definitely a well-deserved tip but can come as a surprisingly high extra cost to your trip). 6) They carried an Oxymeter to constantly measure our oxygen levels and see how well we were dealing with the high altitude. After completing the trek, we definitely made the right choice and are so grateful we decided to go with them. Anti-clockwise definitely proved to be the better route to take, especially when crossing the Cho-La Pass. We had the most experienced, attentive, generous and thoughtful guides who made this a trip of a lifetime. Thank you to everyone at Nepal Eco, I hope to trek with you again! MY EXTRA TREKKING TIPS: - Buy a solar power charger for phone/camera (our battery pack died in the cold, even in sleeping bag) - Buy a camel back for water, it's so worth it! (Though bring a bottle also for when water freezes in cold temperatures) - Use a sunglasses chain - Use sun and wind protection. Sun and wind give you headaches on trek, use preventative measures. - Buy good trekking shoes, wear them in beforehand (bring blister protection also) - Take Diamox when you START to feel effects of altitude, not beforehand. OR take half the dose from before starting the trek and then when you start to feel the effects take the full dose. If you are already taking full amount of Diamox, and then you still get symptoms up high alt - you have nothing else to help your symptoms. - Bring cards and a book, you will have spare time. - Layer your clothing - merino wool thermals are better than synthetic for smell and breathability. - Bring antibacterial wipes to wash self and any personal medications/ supplements, - Bring Voltaren/ deep heat for any muscle/ knee pain. - Check your iron levels well before trek and supplement if necessary. - Do some training in high altitude chambers if you have access to these. - Buy a sim card in Kathmandu for data (super easy and cheap), though it will probably only work for about 6 or 7 of the 15 days, so you will still have to pay for WIFI on trek. - DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekA good guide makes all the difference13th September, 2017We trekked to Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar, Chola Pass and Gokyo as a private group of six in April 2017. With us was a friendly and capable team: head guide Keshab, assistant guide Ram and porters Delip, Kamal and Arjun. Keshab is excellent - even as he bantered with us along the way, he would also be attentive and observant. Throughout our journey, it was clear his no. 1 priority was safety, and this is something that gives us confidence and made a tough trek enjoyable. Importantly, Keshab's local knowledge... his strong relationship with lodge owners, his experience of the route (how we should pace ourselves so that we reach EBC at the best possible hour, for example), advice on diets (why meat is discouraged, etc)... is invaluable. On our return trek to Lukla, he made adjustments to our two night stops because of the weather forecast, ensuring we would have the best possible chance of getting on a plane back to Kathmandu. With him in charge, we had as close to a guaranteed itinerary as we could get in the mountains. I really appreciate the team's efforts and would highly recommend Nepal Eco Adventure - if possible, with Keshab as your guide.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekEBC, Cho La Pass, Gokyo Ri Trek7th June, 2018My fiancé and I trekked this route with Nepal Eco Adventures in April 2018. We couldn't have been happier with our experience! Right from the beginning everything went smoothly. Our guide met us at the airport to pick us up from the airport to take us to the hotel. At the end of the trip the company provided transportation back to the airport even though we decided to stay a few extra days in Kathmandu. The trekking company also provided some equipment such as trekking poles, sleeping bags, duffles, and jackets free of charge if needed. Our guide Raj was incredible! He went above and beyond to make sure all of our group members needs were met. He was very positive and encouraging throughout the entire trek. He always kept an eye on how we were feeling and strived to help out with any ailments as he could. At the end of the trek we ended up missing our flight back from Lukla as the airport was so chaotic and we missed the call for our plane. We were panicking, but it turns out Raj was watching to make sure we got on our flight. When he saw that we missed it, he went and got us new plane tickets for the next flight out with no extra charge! We were really lucky to have him as a guide. This trek has truly been the adventure of a lifetime and we would not hesitate to trek with this company and Raj again! With this company we were treated like high valued costumers, and more importantly like friends.
- Everest Base Camp – Cho-La Pass – Gokyo TrekEBC, Chola Pass and Gokyo Lakes14th May, 2017We had an excellent trip to Everest Base Camp, Chola Pass and Gokyo Lakes with Nepal Eco Adventure, as a private group of six. We chose to stay at the Yak and Yeti in Kathmandu. Besides having a brilliant name, it is also a comfortable 4-star hotel with a pool and big gardens. Some of us also managed to fit in an in-house massage on our last day in Kathmandu after the trek! The hotel is in a quiet area despite being walking distance from the hustle and bustle of Thammel. The 16-day trek wouldn't have been so successful and so much fun without the expertise of our head guide Keshab and the toils of the rest of the team, Ram (assistant guide), Dilip (porter), Kamal (porter) and Arjun (porter). Being among some of world's tallest mountains is an incredible experience in itself, but what made this trip truly remarkable was how the 6 trekkers, 2 guides and 3 porters came together as a team. We helped each other along the way (everyone's health and safety was priority), we bantered, and celebrated every successful ascend/crossing over rounds of Pringles! Keshab, with his many years of experience in guiding, was extremely observant to our needs, physical and mental condition. We trekked at a good pace, and he prepared us in advance whenever we had to push at a quicker pace (e.g getting into EBC before other teams, so we easily got good photos without other trekkers in the background!). He adjusted our itinerary to ensure that we maximized our chances of getting good views and early flights! Keshab also was able to engage each of us in different topics according to what we showed interest in. All-in-all the trip was a massive success and we wouldn't have had this trip done any other way!
Read more reviews
Show less reviews