Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is a perfect introduction to the magnificent Annapurna region trekking. The short and easy trail of Ghorepani Poon hill trek can be enjoyed without any risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). The magnificent mountain scenery, beautiful hills filled with rhododendron trees, fresh mountain air and the warm, hospitable villages totally justifies the popularity of the trek. The trekkers will be able to relish the Himalayan views with mountains like Mount Dhaulagiri or Annapurna I.
Ghorepani Poon hill Trek offers the opportunity to explore the rich culture, biodiversity of the region and rare mountain wildlife such asbrown dipper, White-breasted Kingfisher, butterflies, Barking Deer in the dense Orchids, Rhododendron and Magnolia forest. The trek is culturally insightful as we visit the Gurung and Magar villages. These villages are the home to the world ‘s most courageous warriors, the Gurkhas. As a whole, Ghorepani Poon hill Trekking is the best way to explore the natural and cultural heritages of Annapurna region.
This trek starts from Nayapul, which is an hour drive from the scenic city of Pokhara. From there the rugged trail traverses dense Rhododendron and Magnolia forest, deep gorges, small mountain streams and charming villages with the backdrop of the splendid snow peak mountains.One the most admired sunrise views awaits trekkers at Poohill. The Poon Hill offers breathtaking sunrise views over the mighty Himalayan peaks of the Annapurna Sanctuary, including Gangapurna, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, and Hiunchul. We retrace our way back to the Modi River Valley and descend to Nayapul to conclude our beautiful mountain adventure.
The most picturesque short trek in Nepal, GhorepaniPoonhill Trek, offers you spectacular mountain scenery that is bound to leave you breathless.
Join the Nepal Eco Adventure’s Ghorepani-Poonhill Trekking Adventure to enjoy the energizing fresh mountain air and warm Himalayan hospitality while being enthralled with the breathtaking view of the gigantic Annapurna range. Little Alteration to the trek also leads you to the beautiful Ghandruk Village during Ghorepani-Poonhill-Ghandruk Trek. If you want to explore more the beauty of Annapurna Region , you can also look into Annapurna base Camp Trekking and Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
Mountains: Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m, Annapurna I 8091m, Fishtail / Machhapuchhre 6991m, Nilgiri 7041m, Annapurna south 7219m, Annapurna II 7939m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, LamjungHimal 6988m and many more above 5000m, Poon hill, Gurung and Magar’s charming village, dense forest of rhododendrons and magnolia, passing through the deep gorge, Phewa and Begnas Lake.
We will go on a seven hour road trip to Pokhara and enjoy the beautiful hills, gorges, rivers and nearby villages along the way. Pokhara is a beautiful lake city blossoming under the shadow of more stunning snow capped mountains. Overnight in Pokhara.
Early in the morning, we will go for one hour drive to Nayapul, and then start our Ghorepani-Poonhill-trekking. After a short walk, we will cross a suspension bridge and follow the bank of the Modi River to Birethanti. From there, the trail continues through the village and follows the north bank of the BhurungdiKhola. The trail traverses a bamboo forest and passes several water streams and waterfalls. After some steady ascend, we will reach the village of Hile. Overnight at Hile.
After a hearty breakfast at Hilewe, we will walk to Ghorepani, a charming Gurung village amidst of the Himalayas. We will cross several small streams and continue ascending the stone staircases to reach the village of Uleri. At Uleri, we will be welcomed with stunning mountain views of Annapurna South, Himchuli and Mount Machhapuchre. We will keep walking through the oak and Rhodendron forest to reach Ghorepani. Overnight at Ghorepani.
Early at dawn, we will ascend to Poon Hill to catch the spectacular sunrise over the whole Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massifs and surrounding rice terraces. The view from Poonhill is one of the most appreciated views of the Himalayas. Then, we will return back to Ghorepani for breakfast. We will retrace our way back to Nayapul through the bamboo forest. Our transport will be awaiting at Nayapul to drive us back to the beautiful Pokhara City. Overnight in Pokhara.
Time to go for a seven hour drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. We will enjoy the beautiful villages, hills and rivers along our way back and say farewell once we will reach Kathmandu. May you enjoy the rest of your trip in Nepal !
What is Included
- Three meals a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after dinner.
- Trekking lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservatio Area Project (ACAP) entry permit & Tourist Infomation Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Bus Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathlmandu.
- Private transport Pokhara-Nayapul-Pokhara.
- English speaking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- A Strong, helpful porter with his salary, meals, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Optional use of sleeping bag, down Jacket, duffel and walking pole (to be return after trip completed).
- Nepal Eco Adventure T-shirt and Cap.
- Government taxes, service charge and official expenses.
- Assistant guide group size above 6+ person.
What is Excluded
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International airfare.
- Travel and medical insurance (recommended).
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks.
- All desserts and sweet things (those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses).
- Hot shower and battery charging during the trekking.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).