Annapurna Khayer Lake Trekking is one of the most beautiful, adventurous, and diverse treks in Annapurna region. The destination remains untouched and unique as the trail is not as famous as others in the western region. The moderate difficulty trek takes you to Khayer Lake at an elevation of 4620 meters for a memorable trip.
The best seasons for the 16 days’ long trip are during February-June and September-December. The tranquil Khayer Lake and enthralling mountain views are worth the entire endeavor. The Tamang and Gurung settlements welcome us with warm hospitality and unique cultures.
The flora and fauna are other treasures that make the trekking even more exciting. The rhododendron forests and other flowers in the trails make for a natural experience. The highlights of the trip are the crystal clear views of the spellbinding mountains.
The trek destinations are rewarding with the most blissful views, landscape, and weather. The clear blue skies with the mountains in the backdrop and green surroundings provide an escape from the bustling city life. The vantage points and traditional villages make the trek a natural and cultural experience.
Highlights of Annapurna Khayer Lake Trekking
- Breathtaking Mountain views of giants like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Himchuli, Lamjung, Tukuche, and Machchhapuchhre.
- Experience unique cultures and traditional lifestyles of Nepalese, especially Tamangs, Magars and Gurungs.
- Sightseeing tours in Pokhara (caves, lakes, temples, stupas) and Kathmandu (museums, temples, palaces).
Welcome to Kathmandu. Once you reach the airport in Kathmandu, you will be warmly received by our airport representative who will help you with the transfer to the hotel on a private car or a bus. After Checking into your hotel, you can either rest or stroll around to explore your vibrant surrounding at your convenience.
Your sightseeing trip starts from the hotel after breakfast at around 8:30 am. We will be provided private vehicle and a professional tour guide for the tour. You will start your sightseeing tour from the largest Hindu temple Pashupatinath, then visit Bouddhanath and Swoyambhunath (the Monkey temple). At the end of the day, you will visit the Kathmandu Durbar Square and then drive back to the hotel to prepare for the trip with a short briefing about the trek.
We take 6-7 hours’ drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The scenery of rivers, forests and green fields along the way make the trip an enjoyable one. We can enjoy the lakeside area and boating in Phewa Lake in the evening.
We drive to Nayapul from Pokhara. Our trek begins from here. After we cross a suspension bridge, we follow on the banks of Modi River to Birethanti. The trail passes through bamboo forests and a large waterfall hole. All the while it stays on the north bank of Bhurungdi River. After we cross a pasture land, we reach Sudami and then climb to reach Hile.
We start our walk from Tikhedhunga to the steep climbs of Ulleri as we pass through villages and streams. We reach the stone steps of Ulleri and see the first sights of mountains. Then, the trek passes through beautiful rhododendron and oaks forests that lead to Ghorepani. Annapurna, Himchuli, and Fishtail are the highlights of the trail.
As the trek proceeds, we walk through stone steps for about an hour. From Poonhill,we enjoy the breathtaking views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna range, Himchuli, and Fishtail. Then, we make a 3-4 hour long walk through a narrow and rugged trail to Swata village.
We pass through beautiful landscape and gorges to reach Kobra Danda. After 5-6 hours long, strenuous trek, we climb to Kobra Danda at a higher elevation.
We follow a difficult trail that takes about 4-5 hours to reach the Base camp. We stay here overnight.
The day is blissful as we watch Annapurna and Dhaulagiri shining in the golden sunlight. We ascend the steep slopes of Annapurna Mastiff to Khayer Lake, which is just 6 km. below the summit of Annapurna South. We return back to the base camp to spend the night.
We trace back our steps to Kobra Danda. The wonderful trail with beautiful views rewards us for the strenuous walk of the day. We reach Kobra Danda where we spend the night.
We walk past gorges and a forest which is easier compared to previous days’ treks. We gradually reach Chistibung where we spend the night.
From Chistibung, the rough trails have many climbs and descents to reach Dobato village. The trek is 5-6 hours with beautiful landscapes and panoramic views of the mountains.
We enjoy the panoramic views of Annapurna and Himchuli on the easy trails of the day’s trek. We also see waterfalls, streams and diverse flora and fauna. After 4-5 hours, we reach Tadapani where we spend the night.
From Tadapani, we descend to the beautiful village of Ghandruk. The trail passes through rhododendron forests, waterfalls, and streams. Ghandruk, one of the biggest Gurung settlements in the country, still has Gurkhas. The village is surrounded by the beautiful views of Annapurna and Machchhapuchhre. The warm hospitality of the people and their unique traditions ensure an enriching experience.
On the last trek of the trip, we descend through stone steps amidst fields to reach Syauli bazaar. Towards Birethanti, the rough trail is beautiful with the breathtaking views of the mountains. We finally reach Nayapool and take a drive to Pokhara from there.
We explore famous sites of Pokhara in the afternoon. Bat cave, World Peace Pagoda, Phewa Lake, and Sarangkot can be visited in the short time. We take a short flight or a long drive to Kathmandu.
On the day of the departure, our representative will pick you up from the hotel and drop you off at the airport. We would like to welcome you again to explore the treasures of Nepal.
What is Included
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Three nights Hotel in Kathmandu and two nights hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during trek
- Fresh fruit every evening after the dinner.
- Tea houses and Eco Lodges accommodations during the trek.
- Tourist Bus Kathmandu- Pokhara- Kathmandu.
- Private transport Pokhara to Nayapul and back to Pokhara.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licensed by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism with his foods, wages, equipment and insurance
- A Strong, helpful porter with his foods, wages, equipment and insurance (1 porter = two trekkers).
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company.
- Nepal Eco Adventure sleeping bags, Down Jacket, duffel and walking poles use during the trip( to be return after the trek)
- Nepal Eco Adventure T-shirt and branded cap.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Assistant guide group size above 6+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals while you are in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport –
- Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- International airfare.
- Personal nature expenses. Telephone, Laundry battery charging.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold drinks.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tips is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
Join Our Fixed Trip Starting Date
|TRIP DATES||AVAILABILITY||PRICE||SPACE LEFT|