Chepang Hill Trekking is Nepal’s one of the newest trekking trails. Located on west of Kathmandu, this trekking trail offers us the opportunity to trek to the high hills and dwindling rivers. The trekking route has not yet been highly commercialized, that’s why the trail is less crowded. During our trek, we will Homestay at indigenous Chepang people. This will allow us to be part of a unique culture and tradition of Chepang people and study it in micro level.
On the other hand, we can enjoy some quality time in the hills and observe the exotic birds and animals the hills houses. This is perfect for those people, who are fond of soft trekking and want a break from the hectic schedule of the city life.
Chepangs are the indigenous people of Nepal. Backward and shy than the other ethnicity, the isolation has contributed to its culture and tradition being very preserved and intact.The trek will begin after drive from the capital to Hudikhola. From here, we will trek to Hattiban.
What makes the Chepang Hill trek special is that, along with experiencing the unique culture of the Chepangs, we will also be able to relish in the natural beauty of high hills of Nepal. Nepal Eco Adventure’s Chepang Hill Trekking will give you the best of both worlds! You can contact Nepal Eco Adventure’s office for Chepang Hill trek, throughout the year!
Once you land at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), our airport representatives will kindly receive you and take you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus. Our representatives will brief you about the trek. After checking in, you can either explore this vibrant and exciting city on your own, or, take a cozy rest at your hotel.
From capital city, we will drive to Hugdi Bazaar, a small town at height of 306m. After the few hours long drive,we will trek to Hattibang for five hours through the tad muddy and rocky trail. The village is dominated by Chepangs, Magars and Giri Puris. We will spend the night in this small village. Overnight in Homestay.
Early morning we will trek from Hattibang to reach Jyandala. We will trek through the main trail for around 5 hours to reach this small settlement of Chepangs. On reaching Jyandala, we can explore this beautiful village to know more about the Chepang people and their culture on a micro level. Overnight in a home stay.
After a wholesome breakdast we will trek downhill from Jyandala to Siraichuli. The fresh wind blowing from the woods will keep us refreshed throughout the trek. From there, we will reach Gadi via Chisapanitar. From Siraichuli, we can have very beautiful views of the silver western peaks. And, at Chisapanitar, we can observe exotic birds in the forests. Overnight in homestay at Gadi. The trek will be 6 hours long.
After hiking downhill for at least 6 hours, we will reach Shaktikhor. On reaching here, we can visit the Chepang museum, tourist information center. There are also mysterious caves and waterfalls nearby, where we can visit.
Two hours’ drive from Shaktikhor, we will reach the famous city of Chitwan. We will visit the Chitwan National Park, which is also a world heritage site marked by UNESCO. The time at national park will be memorable for us. We will go jungle safari on elephant ride. We can see many exotic animals and birds, including one horned rhino and royal Bengal tiger. Later we can be part of Tharu cultural program.
From Chitwan, drive to the capital city of Kathmandu will take around 8 hours. The view of the green hills and snaky rivers, and the fresh wind blowing from the lush hills will keep us thoroughly refreshed throughout the journey. You can spend the evening further exploring this historic city. You can also go travel to the outskirts of the valley. Buy souvenirs at Thamel, Basantapur and old towns of Patan and Bhaktapur to take back home.
The day has come to leave this remarkable country. Our representatives will transfer you to the airport from where you’ll board a flight to your next destination. Bid farewell to this country of Himalayans with plans to visit next time. Because, once is never enough.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Two nights standard Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after dinner.
- Trekking lodge accommodations during the trek.
- Necessary paper work and entry permit.
- Bus Kathmandu-Hungdi- Saktikhor-Kathmandu.
- English speaking experience Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- A Strong, helpful porter with with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport, insurance and proper equipment (one porter for two people).
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Use of Sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (If you don’t have your own, To be return after trip completed).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 6+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu .
- Nepal entry visa fee on arrival $25 USD for 15 days visa.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).