If you are looking for a break from your hectic schedule, want to go somewhere peaceful, but you’re short on time and budget, Nepal Eco Adventure’s Chisapani-Nagarkot Trekking is just right for you! This 7-day long trekking journey will take you to the unscathed countryside, just on the outskirts of Kathmandu for a refreshing break, in the lap of lush hills and the bank of dwindling rivers, for spectacular views of silvery mountains.
One of the main attractions of this trekking is the spectacular sunrise and sunset views on the silvery peaks that are second to none. The trekking trail is easy but adventurous.
Chisapani, standing at a height of 2,135 m lies 576 km northeast of Kathmandu. It is a beautiful hill town that provides beautiful scenery of the mountains and the surrounding hills. The Chisapani-Nagarkot trekking begins from Sundarijal, which is only 90 minutes away from the capital. Sundarijal, as the name suggests has beautiful streams and is home to numerous exotic species of flora and fauna. From Mulpani, we can get a beautiful panoramic view of the Kathmandu valley. Along the trail, we can have great views of the Annapurna, Manaslu, and other western mountains.
The Chisapani-Nagarkot Trekking is suitable for those who have limited time frame or are enthusiasts of soft trekking. During Chisapani-Nagarkot trekking, we will trek through the Shivapuri National Park that houses bountiful of rare species of animals, birds, and plants. It also provides magnificent views of the mountains.
Nagarkot at 2,175 m is only 32 km northeast from Kathmandu. The hill station is renowned for its magnificent sunset and sunrise views and the view of the mountains. It is an ideal destination to explore the beauty of nature, while still living in the comfort of the cities.
Chisapani and Nagarkot are both popular mountain-view spots, famous inside and outside the country. These both places offer splendid views of Everest and Langtang ranges, Manaslu, Buddha Himal, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himal and Gauri Shankar Himal among others.
Not only Chisapani-Nagarkot trek offer the regal beauty of the Himalayan country from near, but also a chance to explore and experience the ancient tradition, culture, and lifestyle of the rural people, not very far from the city! So, sign up with Nepal Eco Adventure for Chisapani-Nagarkot Trekking for best of both worlds!
- Beautiful sunrise and sunset views
- Magnificent view of Everest
- Shivapuri National Park
- Exploring the rural culture and tradition
- Mt. Langtang, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Gauri Shankar
- Chisapani – Nagarkot
Once you land atTribhuwan International Airport (TIA), our airport representatives will kindly receive you and take you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus. Our representatives will brief you about the trek. After checking in, you can either explore this vibrant and exciting city on your own, or, take a cozy rest at your hotel.
Your sightseeing of this ancient city begins at around 8:30 am, after breakfast. A specialized tour guide and a comfy private vehicle will be available for your assistance. First we will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupati Nath, which predates to Lichhavi period. Then, to Boudha Nath, and Swayambhu Nath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built in Shikhara style. The evening will be spent at Kathmandu Durbar Square, testimonial of middle age architecture. We will brief you about the journey that starts tomorrow. You can do some last minute shopping for the trek in Thamel or New Road.
After a nourishing breakfast in the hotel, we will drive to the town of Sundarijal (1,350m). It will take around 90 minutes. From there, we will begin our trek to Chisapani, which will approximately take 4 hours. We will trek through Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. We will cross a beautiful settlement called Mulkharka, a Tamang village and from there head down the ridge through forests of Rhododendron and Oaks to reach Chisapani. Over night at trekking lodge at Chisopani.
Early morning we will set off to Nagarkot, and the trek will probably be 7 hours long for the day. In the morning, we will observe the beautiful view of the northern mountains and the sunlight dying them red, orange all colors. We will trek through Chauki Bhanjhyang. We will trek uphill and downhill to reach Nagarkot, which is Nepal’s one of the leading tourist destination. On a clear day, we can have a great view of Himalayans stretching all the way from Dhaulagiri in the west to Everest and Kanchenjunga in the west. This is one of the main highlights of the trek.
After enjoying the sunset and sunrise from the hilltop of Nagarkot, early morning we will trek down the ancient route to Bhakapur, via the small Newari town of Changunarayan. We will visit Bhaktapur, the most vibrant and preserved medieval town of Nepal, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square, the court of Malla Kings, which is listed in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site. From there, we will drive back to Kathmandu, which will only take 45 minutes at maximum.
The day has come to leave this remarkable country. Our representatives will transfer you to the airport from where you’ll board a flight to your next destination. Bid farewell to this country of Himalayans with plans to visit next time. Because, once is never enough!
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three nights Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- One night trekking Lodge at Chisopani and 1 nights Nagarkot hotel accommodation on full board basis.
- All necessary paper works Shivapuri-Nagarjun National Park entry permit
- Private transport to Sundarijal and back to kathmandu from Changunarayan.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with all his Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transport and Insurance..
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Sleeping Bags, duffel bag and walking Pole (if you don’t have your own).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu (Lunch and Dinner).
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos and $40 dollar.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic and all hot and cold drinks.
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Tips for the guide and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee($30 USD per person)
- Changunarayan and Bhaktapur entrance fee $18 USD per person if you visited them.