Chulu east peak climbing is one of the most gorgeous peaks in whole Himalayan, lying in the Annapurna Himalayan Range, and is also part of the larger Damodar Himal. It is bounded by the beautiful Marshyangdi Khola and Mesokanta La.
Situated in the legendary Manang valley, the trekking trail for climbing this snowy peak is a memorable route which offers the most beautiful views on surrounding peaks, as well as lush green forests of Nepal. We will trek through the arid but the gorgeous valley of Manang, which indeed looks like the slice of heaven on earth. We will be able to enjoy the outlandish landscape of Manang and its unique settlement.
We will also trek through the green meadows. The view of majestic green hills is unforgettable. The trekking along the way to Chulu peak is adventurous and easy, but the peak climbing is tougher. We have to make use of different equipment in order to climb the peak. We will spend plenty of time for adaptation and acclimatization to high altitude.
Nepal Eco Adventure arranges Chulu East Peak at 6,584m climbing from both east and west. We work with the best guides and porters in our country, at your service.
The best time for Chulu Peak climbing are autumn (September to November) and spring (March to May).
Note: Peak climbing is a hobby that requires a lot of physical effort. Only someone in a very healthy state of mind and body qualifies for the peak climbing. Nepal Eco Adventure will do anything possible for you to have the most comfortable, safe and exciting journey. We also have Chulu West Peak Climbing Adventure to try out.
Chulu East Peak Climbing Highlights
- Chulu East Climbing is a straightforward Peak in the Annapurna region.
- Stay in beautiful Gurung Villages in Annapurna Region
- Chulu East Peak Climbing trip is combined with the popular Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
- It offers the panoramic views of the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manaslu Himalayan ranges.
After your plane lands in the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu, our staffs will welcome you and drive you to your hotel in a comfortable private vehicle. After getting in your hotel, you can take a good rest thereafter your long journey. In the evening, you can roam around this valley city and experience the rich culture of the Nepalese capital.
On your second day, we will take a short tour in this famous capital of the Himalayan country. After finishing breakfast in your hotel, we will take you to sight see some of the cultural monuments of Nepal listed in World Heritage Site. At 8:30, we will pick you up from your hotel and first visit the biggest Hindu shrine, Pashupatinath which is at least couple of hundred years old. From here, we will visit Swayambhunath and then Boudhanath, ancient Buddhist shrines built in Shikhara style. Later in the evening, we can roam around Kathmandu Durbar Square, epitome of middle age architecture of Nepal. You can buy souvenirs to take home or do some last minute trekking shopping in Thamel.
From Kathmandu, we will travel to small but the old town of Besisahar. The view of the hills and dwindling rivers will keep us mesmerized throughout the ride. It will be around five to six hours long to get there.Once you get to Besishar two hour trekking to Bulbule. spend the night in a local lodge.
We will now trek to Chamje, viewing the wonderful scenery of the beauty around us. We will walk for around five hours to reach this picturesque mountain village where we will spend the night.
We will trek to the beautiful region of Dharapani today. After crossing the great Marshyangdi River, we will continue to trek uphill to reach Tal village. From there, we will trek for some hours to reach Dharapani.
After breakfast, we will trek to Chamje, walking trough the beautiful view of the vicinity. The vegetation and settlements start to be different from here as we enter high altitude. The influence of Tibetan lifestyle is strong in this region. The view of peaks is truly beautiful from here. We will spend the night in a local tea house.
Today, we will trek to Pisang, a small village along the bank of Marshyangdi River. We will walk through beautiful coniferous forests and small settlements of the mountain people. We will spend the night in camp or a tea house.
From Pisang, we will trek to the splendid Manang Valley. We will walk through the beautiful pine and rhododendron forests. After trekking for around 2 hours we will reach a ridge from where we can have a beautiful view of Manang. We will spend the night in Manang at 3,500m.
As we are moving to higher elevations, we need to acclimatize to avoid the risk of altitude sickness. Manang is the perfect spot with its beautiful natural setting and a hike up to Khangsar in the afternoon for a short detour.
We will walk northwards to Yak Kharka. While trekking, we can have the most amazing view of Annapurna, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak. We will spend the night in a local guest house.
Today we will trek uphill towards Chulu East Peak. It will be very interesting as we will have gorgeous views on the surrounding mountains. We will trek for around five hours through the main trail. We will take some rest once we reach the Chulu East Peak base camp at an altitude of 5,140m.
From the high camp, we will climb the peak from the east side. The climbing will be difficult but worth. After ascending up the main trail, we will finally reach the summit and then slowly climb down and return to base camp.
Now, we will slowly trek downwards towards Ledar at an altitude of 4,200m with beautiful view of the hills and mountains. We will spend the night here at a camp.
From Ledar, we will now trek to Thorong Phedi, from here we can have a beautiful view of the mountains. After trekking for around 4 hours, we will reach Thorong La Phedi where we will spend the night in a local lodge.
We will gradually go downwards, leaving the mountains in the backdrop via the Thorung La Pass. We will trek to reach Muktinath. The vicinity is absolutely stunning. We will stay overnight at Muktinath. While there, we will visit the Muktinath temple, which is an important religious place for Hindus and Buddhists.
From here, we will climb down to Kagbeni. It is a beautiful place and economic hub of the region. After trekking for around 5 hours we will reach Kagbeni where we will spend the night.
We will now trek down to beautiful town and district headquarter, Jomsom. We will enjoy great food with friends tonight and sleep in a local hotel.
We will board a plane to Pokhara. It will take around 35 minutes. The flight will offer great view of mountains and hills. We will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara on arrival.
After breakfast, we will travel to capital via Prithvi Highway. Once again the scenic bus ride will keep you refreshed throughout the journey. On reaching Kathmandu, you can once roam around this vibrant city and buy gifts and souvenirs to take back home.
One of our representative from Nepal Eco Adventure will drive you off to Tribhuwan International Airport, from where you will board your plan for another destination or your home country. Nepal has many other natural and cultural beauties waiting to be explored. We will be always ready to help you travelling around this amazing country. We will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements so that you can explore other parts.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three night standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after the dinner.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodations during the trek .
- ACAP permit and Peak climbing permit.
- Three nights tent accommodation above yak Kharka. Hygienic meals( Breakfast ,Lunch Dinner) with tea and coffee, seasonal fruit or cane fruits.
- Camping gear like tent,Mattress and main climbing rope.
- Bus to Besishar and Flight from Jomsom-Pokhara including airport tax and pickup and drop .
- Tourist Bus from Pokhara -Kathmandu.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder trekking guide and climbing Sherpa, with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porters with proper equipment (1porter= two people). with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Use of sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (to be returned after the trip).
- Nepal Eco Adventure branded T-shirt and Cap.
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 6+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee .
- Your Travel and medical insurance( Recommended)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek (i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- Desserts Sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Battery charging and hot shower on the tea houses.
- Personal climbing equipment can be hired $150 USD per person.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fees.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Jomsom-Pokhara flight.