Chulu peak is one of the most splendid and beautiful peaks in the whole Himalayas. It is part of the bigger Damodar Himal range of Manang in western Nepal, which runs south from Chako Peak (6,687m) in north-south direction along the Nar, Phu and Hunlung Khola. It is also considered as the best peak in Annapurna region. The trekking trail for Chulu west peak climbing is a memorable route which provides the most beautiful views of surrounding peaks as well as lush green forests of Nepal.
We will trek through the arid but gorgeous valley of Manang, which indeed looks like the slice of heaven on earth. We will be able to enjoy the outlandish landscape of Manang and its unique settlement.
We will also trek through the green meadows. The view of majestic green hills are unforgettable. The trekking along the way to Chulu peak is adventurous and easy but the peak climbing is tougher. We have to make use of different equipment in order to climb the peak. We will spend plenty of time for adaptation and acclimatization to high altitude.
Nepal Eco Adventure arranges both Chulu East Peak Climbing and Chulu west Peak Climbing. You will have some of the best guides and porters in our country at your service.
The best time for Chulu Peak climbing are autumn (September to November) and spring (March to May). Team Nepal Eco Adventure is arranging the peak climbing activities at the Chulu west with huge experience at the Chulu peak standing with the height of 6419m above sea level.
Note: Peak climbing is a hobby that requires a lot of physical effort. Only someone in very healthy state of mind and body qualifies for the peak climbing. Nepal Eco Adventure will do anything possible for you to have the most comfortable, safe and exciting journey.
Once your plane lands in the international airport of Kathmandu, you will be welcome by our airport representative, waiting for you with a sign with your name on it. Once you are transferred to your hotel, you can take a rest after a long flight and in late afternoon explore this vibrant capital of the Himalayan country.
On your second day, we will take a short tour in this famous capital of the Himalayan country. After finishing breakfast in your hotel, we will take you to sight seen some of the cultural monuments of Nepal listed in World Heritage Site. At 8:30, we will pick you up from your hotel and first visit the biggest Hindu shrine, Pashupatinath which is at least couple of hundred years old. From here, we will visit Swayambhunath and then Boudhanath, ancient Buddhist shrines built in Shikhara style. Later in the evening, we can roam around Kathmandu Durbar Square, epitome of middle age architecture of Nepal. You can buy souvenirs to take home or do some last minute trekking shopping in Thamel.
From Kathmandu valley, we will start our journey to small but old town of Besisahar. The sight of hills as well as deteriorating rivers will keep us fascinated during the journey. The ride will be about seven to eight hours long. We will be spending the night in a local lodge.
The trekking will begin from day three. We will walk along the main trekking trail for five to six hours to reach BahunDanda. We can enjoy the view of majestic hills and mountains while trekking uphill. We will trek through mesmerizing bamboo forests. The night will be spent in a local guest house.
We will trek gently uphill to Chamje along the rocky trail. First we will reach Syange; after another few hours we will reach Chamje. Once again, we will spend the night in local guest house.
We will trek to the beautiful region of Dharapani today. After crossing the great Marshyangdi River we will continue to trek uphill to reach Tal village. From there, we will trek for some hours to reach Dharapani.
After breakfast, we will trek to Chame viewing the beautiful view of the vicinity. The vegetation and settlements start to be different from here as we will be in higher altitude. The influence of Tibetan lifestyle is strong here. The view of peaks is truly beautiful from here. We will spend the night in a local teahouse.
We will trek to Pisang, a small village along the bank of Marshyangdi River. We will walk through beautiful coniferous forests and small settlements of mountain people. We will spend the night in camp or a teahouse.
From Pisang, we will trek to the splendid Manang Valley. We will walk through the beautiful pine and rhododendron forests. After trekking for around 2 hours we will reach a ridge from where we can have beautiful view of Manang. We will spend the night in Manang at 3,500m.
We will walk northwards to Yak Kharka. While trekking, we can have one of the most amazing view on Annapurna, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak. We will spend the night in local guest house.
Today, we will trek to the base camp of Chulu West Peak. It will take several hours and we will spend the night in a camp.
Today we will trek towards high camp. It is relatively tough but very gratifying. After trekking for around 6 hours we will reach our destination where we will adapt to the harsh environment.
From the high camp, we will climb the peak from the west side. The climbing will be difficult but worth. After ascending up the main trail, we will finally reach the summit and then slowly climb down and return to base camp.
From base camp, we will now trek to Thorong La Phedi, and from here we can have beautiful view of the mountains. After trekking for around 4 hours, we will reach Thorong La Phedi where we will spend the night in a local lodge.
We will gradually go downwards leaving the mountains in the backdrop. We will trek to reach Muktinath. The vicinity is absolutely stunning. We will stay the night at Muktinath. While there, we will visit Muktinath temple, which is of great religious value for Hindus and Buddhists.
From here, we will climb down to Kagbeni. It is a beautiful place and economic hub of the region. After trekking for around 5 hours we will reach Kagbeni where we will spend the night.
We will now trek down to beautiful town and district headquarter, Jomsom. We will enjoy great food with friend tonight and sleep at a local hotel.
We will board a plane to Pokhara. It will take around 35 minutes. The flight will offer great view of mountains and hills. We will explore the beautiful city of Pokhara on arrival.
After breakfast, we will travel to capital via Prithvi Highway. Once again the scenic bus ride will keep you refreshed throughout the journey. On reaching Kathmandu, you can once roam around this vibrant city and buy gifts and souvenirs to take back home.
One of our representatives from Nepal Eco Adventure will drive you off to Tribhuwan International Airport, from where you will board your plan for another destination or your home country.
Nepal has many other natural and cultural beauties waiting to be explored. We willbe always ready to help you travelling around this amazing country. We will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements so that you can explore other parts.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three night standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after the dinner.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodations during the trek.
- All necessary paper works ACAP entry permit & Trekker`s information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Peak climbing permit and other necessary fees.
- Three nights twin sharing tent accommodation after Yak Kharka. Hygienic meals( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with tea and coffee, seasonal fruit or cane fruits.
- Camping tent and climbing rope provided.
- Bus to Besishar and tourist bus back to Kathmandu from Pokhara.
- Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder trekking guide and climbing Sherpa, with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porters with proper equipment (1 porter= two people). with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Use of sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (to be returned after the trip).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- One night Pokhara hotel with breakfast.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee .
- Your Travel and medical insurance( Recommended)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek (i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- Desserts Sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Battery charging and hot shower on the tea houses.
- Personal climbing equipment can be hired $200 USD per person.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fees $30 USD per person.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Jomsom flight.