Dudh Kunda Trekking is one of the recently discovered unique trek routes of Nepal. Situated on Mt. Numbur’s lap, Solukhumbu district, the trekking route passes through several traditional villages, very distinct. Dudh Kunda Trekking with Nepal Eco Adventure will offer to you breathtaking views of the eastern Himalayan Range, and the incredible Everest.
DudhKundaTrekking of Solukhumbu region, although is situated in lower altitude in comparison to Khumbu Mountain Range, is adventurous for skilled trekkers and first timers alike. Dudh Kunda Lake which in Nepali literally means the milky lake is situated at the base of Numbur Himal, locally known as Shorong Yul Lha, “Protector of Solu region”. The beautiful lake of Dudh Kunda is very important to the Buddhist and Hindu pilgrims, as it is believed that if you take a dip in this holy lake, all of your sins will be washed away and your wishes will be granted as well! Not only the trek will offer you splendid views of the world’s tallest mountains, you will also be equally captivated by the mystical reddened rhododendron forests. And, if you’re lucky enough,you will be visited by the exotic Mountain leopard, Thars, Pheasants among others.
Dudh Kunda Trekking is less known and unexplored than other trekking routes of this area. A Fewer number of tourists visit it every year. But, it doesn’t mean it is less audacious and gratifying. However, it is getting the recognition it deserves, recently. Dudh Kunda Trekking route will take you through the classical trekking routes to Everest base Camp, passing through the river valleys, slender ridges, and lusty hills to the mountains so up-close, it will surely be a trek to remember.
The trekking in the DudhKunda region will commence after the picturesque flight over to Phaplu and then trail towards the Dudh Kunda. We, at Nepal Eco Adventure offer you a complete 9 days package, making sure all your basic amenities will be fulfilled and that you have a great time in this beautiful Himalayan country. So, come visit us and let’s go to experience once-in-a-lifetime trek to the land of grand mounts.
Once you land at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), our airport representatives will kindly receive you and take you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus. Our representatives will brief you about the trek. After checking in, you can either explore this vibrant and exciting city on your own, or, take a cozy rest at your hotel.
Your sightseeing of this ancient city begins at around 8:30 am, after breakfast. A specialized tour guide and a comfy private vehicle will be available for your assistance. First we will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, PashupatiNath, which predates to Lichhavi period. Then, to BoudhaNath, and SwayambhuNath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built in Stupa style architecture. The evening will be spent at Kathmandu Durbar Square, testimonial of middle age architecture.
We will board a flight to Phalphu in the morning. You will be able to view scenic villages, hills and mountains throughout the flight. On reaching Phalphu, after a brief rest, we will hike through the rhododendron forests and pleasant green meadows to reachRingmo. We will prepare dinner and spend the night in the tented camp.
We will head to Sarsar Beni in the morning. After trekking throughout the day, we will set a camp in proper place and spend the night there. Next day, we will continue our trail to Sarsar Beni which lies at the altitude of 3800m. We will again set a tent and pass the night there.
On the fifth day, we will trek to reach the magical Dudh Kunda. You can see the glorious Mt. Numbur (6,959m) and Mt. Karyalung (6,681m) and other mountains. We will then return to Sarsar Beni and spend the night in a tent.
We will climb to the Pare Danda from Sarsar. Formhere we can enjoy the great view of the mountain up-close. The outstanding view of the mountains from here will be greatly gratifying for everyone. We will continue our trek until we reach Junbesi where we will spend the night.
From Junbesi, we will walk towards the Beni from Junbesi early in the morning. After that we will hike all the way to the Phaplu airport. During the night,we will stay in a tented camp. Next morning we will catch the flight back to the capital.
We will catch the flight to Kathmandu from Phalphu. Once again, you can relish the picturesque views from the plane. Enjoying the great sight of the place. After flying for few hours we will land in Kathmandu and you will be transferred to your hotel.
The day has come to leave this remarkable country. Our representatives will transfer you to the airport from where you’ll board a flight to your next destination. Bid farewell to this country of Himalayas with plans to visit next time. Because, once is never enough!
What is Included
- Airport pick up drop by private vehicle.
- Four nights Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with tea & coffee.
- Tent and tea house accommodation during the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent .
- Boiled and purified drinking water for the trek.
- Flight Kathmandu-Phaplu-Kathmandu.
- Trekking permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- A Government Licensed English speaking Guide during the trek, cook, kitchen helper, required number of porters, climbing Sherpa and their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicines and their transport.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Use of sleeping bags, down Jacket, Duffel bag and walking Pole (if you don’t have your own, To be return after the trip complete).
- Using these 3 items you pay $10 USD each as maintenance and washing charge.
- Nepal Eco Adventure T-shirt and cap.
- Government Taxes and official expenses.
- Guided sightseeing tour with private vehicle .
- Dhudkunda trekking map.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos.
- International airfare.
- Your Travel & Medical Insurance.
- Hot and Cold drinks, alcoholic beverage and desserts.
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, internet and battery charging.
- Tips for Trekking staff and driver(Tips is expected).
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Phaplu flight.