A trekking package served by Nepal Eco Adventure. Helambu Gosainkunda is an excellent way of exploring the Himalayan Ranges within a week. Gosainkunda is a holy place, especially for Hindus and Buddhists. A grand Holy festival is held in Gosainkunda Lake during the month of August. A legendary fact about this place is that it is covered with place covered with 108 lakes,most of which are visible during the journey.
Exhilarating trails, campsites with wonderful outlooks, culturally and religiously rich village settlements, a high pass and the sacred visit to the holy Gosainkunda Lake are the things that are to be expected from this trek. Along the journey, we can explore the legendary Yolmo culture of villages in the high mountains, get marvel vistas of lonely high mountains and watch the farmers toil in the fields using handmade tools. The culturally abundant villages of the Helambu Gosainkunda trekking are amiable, warm and very welcoming.
The trail will lead us across splendid frozen lakes, beautifully woven Sherpa hamlets, vibrant Rhododendron forests, various Shrubs, exotic Orchids, Wildlife inhabitants and breathtaking sights of the snow-clad Himalayas. We will also get an opportunity to view the magnificent Mt. Dhaulagiri that stretches all the way to Mt. Everest and alpine yak pasture of Kyanjin Gompa.
The Helambu Gosainkunda trekking trek starts at North of Kathmandu Sundarijal village and finished at Dhunche village of Langtang area. From there take the bus back to Kathmandu.The forests that fall along the route are well known for their Wildlife inhabitants like the Red Pandas, Himalayan Black Bear, Wild Boar and Langur Monkeys. The views of snow capped mountains-Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Ri, Langshisha Ri, Dorje Lakpa, and Kangchenpo, Tilman’s fluted peak is a must to experience. Gosainkunda trekking is one of the best-selling trekking packages among all the other package Nepal Eco Adventure. Other famous trekking routes in the region are Langtang Valley Trek, Langtang Circuit Trek,
- Yolmo culture of high mountain villages
- Laurabinayak at 4610m
- The holy lake Gosainkunda
- Rhododendron forests, various Shrubs, and exotic Orchids
- The view that stretches from Mt. Dhaulagiri to Mt. Everest (highest peak of the world)
Welcome to the Himalayan country Nepal. Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. After the check in at the hotel, You are free to rest in the comfort of your hotel or stroll around the vibrant Thamel on your own. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Today we will be going on a sightseeing of this ancient city of Kathmandu. A specialized tour guide and a comfy private vehicle will be available for our assistance. First we will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupati Nath, which predates to Lichhavi period. Then, to Boudha Nath, and Swayambhu Nath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built in Shikhara style. The evening will be spent at Kathmandu Durbar Square, testimonial of middle age architecture. We will brief you about the adventure that starts tomorrow.
We will make an hour’s drive to Sundarijal. We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant. The trail then enters into the Shivapuri National Park and then through the settlement called Mulkharka which is composed of the Tamang population. We will walk along the ridges through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani. We will halt in a guest house at Chisopani for the night.
On this day, we will begin our journey to Kutumsang early in the morning. We can savor beautiful views of the Langtang Mountains along the trails. After crossing Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs the ridge to another pass. We will spend the night in a local guest house in Kutumsang.
We will begin our journey from Kutumsang and trek to Thadepati. The tracks are mostly steep and passes through fir and rhododendron forest. There are no permanent settlements around this particular region. The trek continues to Yurin Danda from where glorious and breathtaking views of the Himalayas come into sight. We will spend the night in a local guest house in Thadepati.
On this day, we will trek for about 6 hours from Thadepati to Phedi. Our trail follows into numerous forest, across steep-rocky slopes and Tadi Khola. For refreshment, there are a couple of tea houses at Ghopte which falls on our way to Phedi. We will spend the night in a local guest house at Phedi.
We will trek to the holy lake village of Gosainkunda through Lauribina pass. The view of mountains from Laurebina pass is superb. Early April is the best time of the year to do this trek because the entire hill is decorated with dense, blooming rhododendrons in red, white and ink colors. We will halt the night in a local lodge in Gosainkunda Village.
On this day we will explore the region and also climb the Surya Peak. A sacred lake for both the adherents of Hindu and Buddhist faiths, Gosainkunda is also known for wonderful scenery. we will get superve view of Langtang himalaya range from the top of Surya peak (5145m) This is an opportunity get higher elevation and great mountain vistas. We will spend the night in a local lodge in Gosainkunda.
On this day, we will trek from Gosankunda Village to Chandanbari. The trail heads across rhododendron and pine forest. Glorious views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, Manaslu range, Hiunchuli and Tibetan peak is available in the route. Chandandari has several cheese factories, Buddhist monasteries and Lodges. We will spend the night in one of the local lodges in Chandan Bari
We will trek from Chandan Bari to Dukhang- a small village comprising of the Tamang people. The 6-7hrs of walking along the trail has panoramic views of the nature’s bounty to offer. The trail further descends through the forest of Oak and Bamboo. We will spend the night in tented camps in Dukhang.
We will leave early in the morning for Kathmandu. The 6-7 hrs drive to Kathmandu has beautiful views of green-hills, mountain peaks and rural village settlement to offer. You will be transferred to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day to yourself to explore the city as you please. This is a perfect day for souvenir shopping or visiting some more exciting sites in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Today, we will be bidding goodbye to the beautiful Himalayan country Nepal. We will receive you from your respective hotels and transfer you to Tribhuwan International Airport for your final departure for home. We will be playing the beautiful memories of our adventure in our mind as we fly to our next destination. Nepal Eco Adventure welcomes you to visit Nepal again for further experiences of nature’s bounty in new and exciting places.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private Vehicle.
- Three night Hotel in kathmandu with Breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during trek.
- Fresh fruit every evening after the dinner.
- Tea house (Trekking Lodge) accommodations during the trek.
- Necessary paper works Langtang National Park entry permit, Sivapuri-Nagarjun National Park permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS card ).
- Private transport kathmandu-Sundarijal and Dhunche -Kathmandu Bus.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , well English speaking well trained, Government license registered trekking guide with all his Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transport and Insurance..
- A Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (if you needed, to be returned after the trip)
- Nepal Eco Adventure branded t-shirt and cap.
- Government taxes and office expenses.
- Guided sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and mountain rescue insurance(Recommended)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses and trekking gear.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic and all hot and cold drinks.
- All deserts Sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fee.