One of the shortest trekking routes served by Nepal Eco Adventure, Helambu Trek offers a wide range of mountains views within a reasonable time-frame from a relatively low altitude. Despite being fairly close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively unspoiled trekking region. A devotional trek, which segues through a forest of blooming rhododendron, majestic waterfalls, and villages of the Tamangs and Sherpas, Helambu trekking is a perfect destination for experiencing a noble combination of culture and nature.
The trail followed by Nepal Eco Adventure team to Helambu heads on to the Shivapuri ridge from where sweeping views of the central Himalayas come into sight. TarkeGyang the principal village of this area, is abundant in traditional and cultural practices, which in-turn makes the journey a delightful experience. The people of Sherpa community and Tamang community living here are warm, friendly and welcoming. Tarkeghyang, meaning to a Buddhist temple with 100 horses, is another Sherpa’s attraction along the way. We believe Helambu trekking is an elementary trekking destination for exploring the ethnic Sherpa community that has settled in the Himalayan region of Nepal.
Tibetan village in the Langtang region, along with the amazing views of Langtang Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa and an ascent of chorkari Ri (5050m) makes up the attractive features of Helambu Trekking. Panoramic view of 10 peaks over 6000m high, sight of ice-fluted Gyanghempo and a holy visit to Gosaikunda is another interesting part of this trekking. This trek weaves Langtang Valley, Gosainkunda lakes and Helambu valley within the same loop of experience.
The trip begins from Kathmandu to Sundarijal which is a scenic drive worth testing. The trail passes through Shivapuri National Park rich in flora and fauna and Melamchi pul bazaar in the Helambu region,which are the two noteworthy moments of this spot. Langtang Helambu trek is not only famous for its scenic grandeur,but also for its pleasant climate.
- Langtang Region and conservation area
- Langtang Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang sisa& ascent of chorkari Ri 5050m
- Easy trekking trail closer to the Kathmandu valley
- Friendly people
- Tamang villages and Sherpa villages
- Rhododendron Forests
- Sight of beautiful landscape and Jugal Himal range
- Cheese factory
Welcome to Kathmandu. Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After a hearty breakfast at your hotel, we will begin our sightseeing tour around the beautiful Kathmandu city. A specialized tour guide and a comfy private vehicle will be available for your assistance. We will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupati Nath, which predates to Lichhavi period. A visit to Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built in Shikhara style is a great way to observe Buddhist traditions. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Squares showcases the rich art and culture of medieval era. Later on this afternoon, we will begin your preparation for trekking.
We will make an hour’s drive to Sundarijal. We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant. The trail then enters into the Shivapuri National Park and then through the settlement called Mulkharka which is composed of the Tamang population. We will walk along the ridges through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani. We will halt in a guest house at Chisopani for the night.
On this day, we will begin our journey to Kutumsang early in the morning. We can savor beautiful views of the Langtang Mountains along the trails. After crossing Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs the ridge to another pass. We will spend the night in a local guest house in Kutumsang.
We will begin our journey from Kutumsang and trek to Thadepati. The tracks are mostly steep and passes through fir and rhododendron forest. There are no permanent settlements around this particular region. The trek continues to Yurin Danda from where glorious and breathtaking views of the Himalayas comes to sight. We will spend the night in as local guest house in Thadepati.
On this day we will trek to Tarkeshyang. The trail will lead us to Melamchi Khola and then to a settlement of the Sherpa people. We will have the opportunity to enjoy the view of the Himalayan peaks glistening under sunshine on our journey. We will also confront one of the oldest and the biggest monastery in the region. The village is more popularly known as Helambu, since most of the inhabitants belong to the Helmu caste. We will halt in a local guest house at Helambu for the night.
This trek is comparatively easier because of the much lower altitude we experience.Major part of the trail is dominated by forests, streams, and waterfalls. The trail flows around the wide valley end between Parachin and the Sherpa village of Gangyul. Upon our arrival at Sermathang, we will discover the village. We will spend the night in a local guest house.
On this day we will walk to Melemchi Pul Bazar. Comprising mostly of the Sherpa inhabitants, Melemchi Pul Bazar is known for its hospitality. We will then drive back to Kathmandu and transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day to yourself to explore the city as you please.
It is time for us to bid farewell to the beautiful country, Nepal. We will receive you from your respective hotels and transfer you to Tribhuwan International Airport for your final departure for home. We also welcome you to visit our country again for further experiences of nature’s bounty in new and exciting places.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three nights standard twin sharing hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge (tea house)accommodation during trek.
- Three meals a day( Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner) on the trek.
- Fresh fruit every evening after the dinner.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide, a porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging.
- Langtang Helumbu National Park fee,Shivapuri-Nagarjun National Park fee and Trekking Information Managment System(TIMS Card).
- Use of Sleeping bag, down jacket,duffel and walking poles (if you don’t have your own, to be return after completed the trek).
- Nepal Eco Adventure T-shirt and cap.
- Kathmandu guided sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Car to Sundarijal and bus back to Kathmandu from Melamchi.
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fees (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at International Airport – Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel and trekking insurance.(compulsory)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Sightseeing tour entrance fee.