Machhapuchhre Trekking Route is a great alternative to the famous Annapurna Circuit. So, for all those trekkers who are bothered by the increasing motor roads constructed in the Annapurna region, this is your liberation.
The name Machhapuchhre in Nepali means like-a-fishtail. This majestic mountain shaped just like a fishtail is second to none. This journey will offer to your unforgettable experience to live close to soaring peaks, witness the most assorted vegetation, be a part of centuries old traditions of the indigenous people. This trail also offers you magnificent sights of natural ancient caves, mountain landscapes, natural hot water springs, waterfalls and picture perfect tea gardens.
We can complete the Machhapuchhre Model either by staying in the camping tents or in traditional houses in the villages of Machhapuchhre, Ribhan, Lachok, Ghachok, LwangGhalel, Sardikhola and Dhital. The Homestay practice has been a rewarding experience for more than 16,000 local villagers!
This ideal trekking route, also known as classic trekking route takes you to a magic land arrangement of Mt. Mardi, Mt. Machhapuchre, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and other Himalayan range arranged almost in a ring about 10 miles in diameter with a deep glacier-covered dome at the center.
Right into the soul of the Himalayas, Trek with us, Nepal Eco Adventure team to make the best out of this expedition. Don’t miss out the opportunity to marvel at the captivating splendor of startling snowed Himalayan peaks from the close vicinity.
Once you land at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), our airport representatives will kindly receive you and take you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus. Our representatives will brief you about the trek. After checking in, you can either explore this vibrant and exciting city on your own, or, take a cozy rest at your hotel.
Your sightseeing of this ancient city begins at around 9:00 am, after breakfast. A specialized tour guide and a comfy private vehicle will be available for your assistance. First we will visit the biggest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupatinath, which predates to Lichhavi period. Then, to Boudha Nath, and Swayambhu Nath, shrines of lord Buddha, uniquely built in Stupa style architecture. The evening will be spent at Kathmandu Durbar Square, testimonial of middle age architecture.
Early morning after breakfast, we will travel to Pokhara via Prithvi Highway. The scenic bus ride will be around 6-7 hours long. We can see western Himalayas, on our way. Beautiful but tad tiring bus ride to the beautiful valley of Pokhara, it is our gateway to the mountains. We can explore around this beautiful lake city in the night or go for boating in the grand Phewa Lake. We will spend the night at the local guest house.
We will drive to Milanchowk from Pokhara by car. From there, we will trek to Ghachowk. We will have to cross the exciting Mardi Bridge. On reaching Ghachowk, we will Home-stay at one of the locals, in a beautiful traditional house.
We will trek to the village of Dhiprang. It will take us around 3 hours to trek. The beautiful scenery of villages, meadows and lofty hills and mountains will keep us occupied throughout the trek.
On the sixth day, we will trek to ChichemleKharka. Trekking through the splendid rhododendron forest, dotted villages we might be able to see the exotic and rare flora and faunas. It will take us around six hours to trek from Dhiprang to Chichemle via Odane Hill. We will spend the night in a Home-stay at local’s house.
In the morning, after breakfast we will trek down to Lalka. It will take us around 4 hours to reach our destination.The village offers you a unique close-up view of Mount Annapurna South (7219m), Fishtail, and Hiunchuli (6441m). We will stay the night in a Camp in Lalka.
On the right day, we will trek down to Ribhan which will take us around 4-5 hours. It is only five hours walk from Pokhara as well. We can enjoy the amazing view of mountains in the backdrop from here. The sunset on the Himalayas looks amazing from here.
In the morning after breakfast we will trek down to Lachok. On reaching Lachok, we can spend the remaining time exploring the local area. The panoramic view of sunset on distant mountains looks truly beautiful from here.
We will now bid goodbye to the mountain roads and trek down to Milanchowk. It is an easy drive from Milanchowk to Pokhara. In Pokhara, we can spend the rest of the evening exploring the night life in the most famous and beautiful city of Nepal.
After breakfast, we will travel to capital via Prithvi Highway. Once again the scenic bus ride will keep you refreshed throughout the journey. On reaching Kathmandu, you can once roam around this vibrant city and buy gifts and souvenirs to take back home.
The day has come to leave this remarkable country. Our representatives will transfer you to the airport from where you’ll board a flight to your next destination. Bid farewell to this country of Himalayans with plans to visit next time. Because, once is never enough!
What is Included
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Three nights standard hotel in Kathmandu and two nights in Pokhara on twin sharing basic.
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (we will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
- Guided Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with Private vehicle.
- Tourist Bus Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu.
- Private transport from Pokhara Milanchok and back to Pokhara from Lachok.
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licensed by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation required number of porters, a cook, Kitchen helper with their wages, Food, Equipment, Trekking Insurance etc.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company.
- Sleeping Bags, Down Jackets and Walking Pole (if you don’t have your own).
- Governmental taxes and Official expenses.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
What is Excluded
- Your meals while you are in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos.
- International Airfare.
- Your travel & Medical Insurance.
- Cold drinks, alcoholic beverages and desserts.
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone Internet and Battery charging.
- Tips for Trekking staff and driver (Tips is expected).