Pachermo Peak climbing is undoubtedly one of the most striking peaks climbing in the Everest region. Standing tall at height of 6,187m is also one of the most climbed peak in Everest region as well as Nepal.
It lies in the Khumbu/Everest region, south to high pass Tesi Lapcha of Khumbu. From the top of the summit we will get a splendid view on the surrounding mountains.
The journey towards Pachermo peak climbing will be incredible as we will have splendid views of hills and mountains and experience the lifestyle in Trans Himalayan region. We will also be rewarded with beautiful view of high hills and snowcapped peaks like Nuptse, Makalu, Baruntse, Ama Dablam and Lhotse.
It is generally preferred to climb the peak from the northern side or the northwestern ridge. The trek to the basecamp will be a kind experience for trekkers and climbers. We will go through Lukla, Phakding Namche and then Thame village to the Phachermo Peak base camp and the peak itself.
Nepal Eco Adventure provides full board packages for enthusiasts like you. The trekking will be much more entertaining, comfortable and informative with Nepal Eco Adventure.
Note: Peak Climbing in Himalayans is not as easy as you think. You need to be of sound mind and body for these expeditions. If you choose Nepal Eco Adventure, we will be ready to help to any extent.
You will find our representatives welcoming, once you land in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA). They will drive you to your hotel, in a private car or a high-end tourist bus. After checking in, you can either travel around to this amazing city on your own, or, have some rest at your hotel.
On your second day, we will take a short tour in this famous capital of the Himalayan country. After finishing breakfast in your hotel, we will take you to sightsee some of the cultural monuments of Nepal listed in World Heritage Site. At 8:30, we will pick you up from your hotel and first visit the biggest Hindu shrine, Pashupatinath which is at least couple of hundred years old. From here, we will visit Swayambhunath and then Boudhanath, ancient Buddhist shrines built in Shikhara style. Later in the evening, we can roam around Kathmandu Durbar Square, epitome of middle age architecture of Nepal. You can buy souvenirs to take home or do some last minute trekking shopping in Thamel.
Kathmandu to Lukla and Trek to Phakding
On our second day of trek, we will head to Namche Bazaar, famous village of Khumbu region. On our way to Namche, we will cross the winding Dudhkoshi River 5 times on thrilling suspension bridges, covered with colorful Buddhist prayer flags. Then, we will continue our climb, which will bring you to Jorsale. From there, it’s a two and a half hour ascent to Namche, with two major viewpoints on your way. If you’re lucky, on a clear day, you can relish an hypnotic view on Everest. InJorsale, you will enter Sagarmatha National park (UNESCO World Heritage Site) where you wil be required to verify your permits. After 5-6 hours of tough hiking, we’ll reach Namche Bazaar, chief economic hub of the region, also, gateway to Everest.
Acclimatization is very important before proceeding higher to avoid altitude sickness. You will be taken for a day’s hike through the villages of Khunde and Khumjung and come back to Namche through the Everest view hotel Khumjung. You can see the so called skull of a Yeti in the monastery in the region. You can also visit the bakery at world’s highest altitude. You get to enjoy the panoramic views of Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and many other mountains on a fair day. Even the view from the Everest View hotel is very impressive. After a savory breakfast, you take a steep one-hour climb to the Syangboche airstrip (3790m), from where you will slowly ascend towards Khunde passing numerous chorten (stone Buddhist monuments). From Khunde you follow the trail eastwards to Khumjung, the largest village in the Khumbu region, at the foot of the sacred peak Khumbila. After enjoying lunch at Khumjung, you follow a gradual climb to Everest View Hotel where you will enjoy the splendid mountain views. Then you descend towards Namche (3540m). 4/5 hours walk.
We will now trek to the beautiful village named Thame. The trek today will be around 6 hours long through the main trial. On reaching our destination, we can go for exploration of the village. Night will be spent in the lodge.
Today we will trek from Thame village to Lake Camp and continue our trek uphill to Lake Camp for around five hours. We will stay the night in a tent.
It is an important day today as we will go to Base camp of Phachermo peak. We will trek for several hours through the rocky trial. We will spend the night in a tented camp at an latitude of 5,100m.
We will now ascend towards the high camp of Phachermo Peak. We will go uphill for around 4 hours and then reach our destination. We will spend the night at the altitude of 5,563m above the sea level.
Today is the main day of the trek as we will conquer the peak. The climb will be just right amount of adventure and thrill to it. It is also the highlight of the whole journey. On reaching the top of the summit, we will spend some time there and climb down. From there we will now trek downhill to base camp.
From the base camp of the peak, we will now trek down to Sherpa village of Thame. The trek downhill will be relatively short and easier. We will spend the night in a local guest house.
We will continue our trek down the Sherpa villages leaving the mountains in the backdrop. We will walk down to the village of Namche Bazaar, epitome of Sherpa culture. We will stay overnight at a guest house in Namche.
It is around a 7 hour walk downhill from Namche to Lukla. On this day, our time in Sagarmatha National Park will come to an end. On the following day, we will board a plane to capital. You will bid goodbye to this trek with a memorable walk down to Lukla.
Early in the morning, we will catch a plane from Lukla to Kathmandu. Don’t forget to pick a seat on the right side, to see the insatiable mountains again. On reaching Kathmandu, you will be escorted back to your hotel. A farewell dinner will be hosted the same night, on your honor.
It is now time to say good bye to remarkable country of Himalaya. We will drive you to the airport from where you will take a plane to your next destination. Taking lots of good memorable moments with you, make some plans to visit again.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three night standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after the dinner.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodations during the trek.
- All necessary paper works Sagarmatha National park entry permit & Trekker`s information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Peak climbing permit and other necessary fees.
- 4 nights twin sharing tent accommodation after Thame. Hygienic meals( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with tea and coffee, seasonal fruit or cane fruits.
- Camping tent and climbing rope provided.
- Lukla flight ( Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax and pickup and drop .
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder trekking guide and climbing Sherpa, with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porters with proper equipment (1porter= two people). with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Use of sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (to be returned after the trip).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 5+ person.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa .
- Your Travel and medical insurance.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek (i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- Desserts Sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Battery charging and hot shower on the tea houses.
- Personal climbing equipment can be hired $150 USD per person.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fees.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Lukla flight.