Standing at the glorious height of 6,091m above the sea level, Pisang Peak is one of the most beautiful peaks Nepal has to offer. Situated in the western part of this Himalayan Country, Pisang Peak climbing is part of the greater Annapurna region, thus it provides magnificent views of the whole lot of the western Himalayans.
The Pisang peak climbing is not as difficult as other peaks of the region. Any enthusiastic peak climber with little knowledge and experience of peak climbing will definitely fare well. The journey to the base camp of the Pisang Peak is equally mesmerizing as well. We will trek along the off-beat trial, across the green meadows, mountain deserts, enchanting forests, yak grazing lands. The journey offers beautiful view of high green hills and snowcapped peaks. Throughout the journey to the base camp, we can view the Pisang Peak along with other mountains, but it definitely does not match the victorious feeling of reaching the top of the summit.
The trek to Pisang Base Camp will starts from the small hill town of Besisahar. From here, we will follow the main trial of the Annapurna Circuit. The trek will offer us beautiful view of Manaslu and Lamjung Himalayan range. The trek will be a mixture of thrill, discoveries and gratification.
Nepal Eco Adventure arranges Pisang Peak climbing keeping your convenience in consideration. We have the provision of undoubtedly the best guides for you.
Nepal Eco Adventure provides full board packages for enthusiasts like you. The trekking will be much more entertaining, comfortable and informative with Nepal Eco Adventure.
Note: Peak Climbing in Himalayans is not as easy as you think. You need to be of sound mind and body for these expeditions. If you choose Nepal Eco Adventure, we will be ready to help to any extent.
ou arrive at the airport. Our staff will be ready to pick you up at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. He will brief you about the outline of the trip.You can explore the valley or take a rest in your hotel room.
After the morning breakfast, you start sightseeing UNESCO-listed heritages of Nepal. Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, etc. are some among the UNESCO-listed heritages of Kathmandu.
On this day, you will learn many things about Nepalese lifestyle. Especially the culture and religion of Kathmandu denizens.
After that, you get busy in preparing yourself for 20 days Annapurna Circuit with Pisang peak climbing. If you need to buy any trekking gears and essentials, Thamel is the ideal market. Spend your evening in the beautiful area of Thamel and have a sound sleep.
From Kathmandu, we start early for our drive to Nagdi. The road up to Besisahar is quite good. Once we reached the Besiahar we change the bus and 2 hours drive to Nagdi. Nagdi is river bank small village. After the long bus journey. Once we reach there, we freshen up and spend the night at the local lodge.
On the first day of the trek, we cross through various suspension bridges, waterfalls and continue past rice paddies and forests. Once we reach the cliff in Jagat, we can view the Marsyangdi Khola below and rocky hills all around. The bee hives at the top of the cliffs is an attraction of the day’s trip. In a short while we reach Chamje where we spend the night.
As we move past narrow and steep valleys, among rhododendron, pine and bamboo forests, in the rocky folds of a mountain, we come across a bridge that takes us to a quick ascent and finally atop a climb to reveal a widening valley. After reaching the village of Tal, we have to move across barley, wheat and potato farms for a while to reach Dharapani. From there we turn west through the fir and pine forests to reach Bagarchhap.
From Bagarchhap we start ahead to reach a Danaque village and then a steep climb to reach a Tamang village with exquisite views of Manaslu, Lamjung , Annapurna and other mountain beauties. As we trek through a Tibetan village that acts as a transition between the lowlands and high hills, we follow a gradual flat path to Thanchowk, Kolo and finally to Chame.
We will trek to Pisang, a small village along the bank of Marshyangdi River. We will walk through beautiful coniferous forests and small settlements of the mountain people. We will spend the night in camp or a teahouse.
We will now trek from upper Pisang to base camp of the Pisang peak. The atmosphere will be harsh so we need to properly adapt to such conditions. The trek will be around 4 hours long along the main trial. We will spend the night in a tented camp at height of 4,380m.
We will now ascend towards the high camp of Pisang Peak. We will go uphill for around 4 hours and then reach our destination. We will spend the night at the altitude of 5,400m above the sea level. The trek will be around 4 hours long today.
Today is the main day of the trek as we will conquer the peak today. The climb will be just right amount of adventure and thrill to it. It is also the highlight of the whole journey. On reaching the top of the summit, we will spend some time there and climb down. From there we will now trek downhill to base camp. Journey will be around 8 hours long.
We will now ascend downhill to mystic valley of Manang. We will be able to see different types of vegetation and landscapes here. We will be able to cherish the beautiful view of high hills and mountains along our trek. We will spend the night at altitude of around 3,450m from sea level.
After the rest, we feel rejuvenated to continue forward on our trip. As we move past the tall trees towards the alpine grass and junipers, we reach meadows with a few horses and a number of yaks grazing around. The serene environment with meadows and steep slopes of Yak Kharka is the perfect place for us to spend the night. We can also choose to walk for an hour to reach Letdar and spend the night at local Lodge.
Trekking to Letdar helps in getting acclimatized to the increasing heights as we climb along the east bank of Jarang Khola. In some time we reach a meadow surrounded by vertical cliffs, the Thorung Phedi. Sighting of blue sheep and snow leopards have been reported a few times in the area, whereas Lammergeyers and griffons are quite common. We spend the night here at local Lodge.
On this day, we make the quite long hike of about 7-8 hours. The trail is comparatively easier having been trodden for years, but could get difficult with strong winds at the upper regions. The trail is believed to have been used for hundreds of years to take sheep and yaks in and out of Manang along with other trading goods. We reach Thorung Phedi in about 6 hours.
After we reach Thorung la pass, our entire hard walk will be rewarded by the beautiful views of Annapurna, Gangapurna and a heavily glaciated peak of Khatungkang. After a 1600m of descent, we view the glorious Dhaulagiri standing in the distance. After a while, the trail becomes less steep and enters grassy fields and meadows to finally reach Muktinath.
In Hindu religion, Muktinath refers to a place of nirvana which houses a temple and a number of monasteries, making it a holy site for Hindus and Buddhists alike. The main attractions of the site are the Jwalamai temple with a spring and an eternal flame as well as the 108 water sprouts that pour holy water. These are visited by thousands of pilgrims every year.
From Muktinath, we follow a path of the Jomsom trek where we descent through meadows, streams and fruit trees to reach Kagbeni. Look around the old village then keep moving downwards from Kagbeni we reach Jomson, Kali Gandaki valley.
The road from Marpha to Kalopani is through a new trail past Chokhopani village which is a traditional Thakali village. The panoramic views of the Himalayas include Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, Annapurna and many other snow capped peaks. From here we cross a river and a newly constructed road to finally reach Kalopani.
Now we move from Tatopani through villages of midland Nepal with terraced fields and inclined farmlands. As we hike an ascent we move past rhododendron, magnolia and other vegetation of the area. We finally reach Ghorepani as we witness the beautiful mountains in the evening sky. We rest in Ghorepani to make an early start to Poonhill in the morning.
Early morning climb up to Poonhil for the sunrise,has to be the highlight of the trek as we make our trip to the vantage point early in the morning with sunrise. Once you see the snow capped peaks highlighted in the changing golden rays of the sunrise, it will be one of the unforgettable moments of one’s life.
You wake up before the sunrise, leave your backpack and march towards Poon Hill racing against the sunrise. On reaching the top of Poon Hill, the crowds of trekkers before dawn may surprise you.
Poon Hill is a very popular viewpoint from where you can see the excellent views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna South and other mountains peaks at the vicinity.
Many people opt for Poon Hill trek which takes as less as 5 days to complete.
After spending your time there, you retrace back to Ghorepani and have a breakfast. After that, you begin descending towards Tikhedhunga. From Tikhedhunga, the trail is quite comfortable as you pass through terrace fields until Nayapul.
From there, a short drive of two hours takes you to Pokhara.
After spending your time in Pokhara. You will then travel to Kathmandu by tourist bus. It takes about 7-8 hours to arrive at Kathmandu. Spend a night at Hotel.
We will drive you to the airport. If your flight is in the evening time, you can spend your time shopping or exploring Kathmandu. We wish you all the best and welcome you to visit Nepal again.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three night standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after the dinner.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodations during the trek.
- All necessary paper works ACAP entry permit & Trekker`s information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Peak climbing permit and other necessary fees.
- Three nights twin sharing tent accommodation after Upper Pisang.
- Hygienic meals( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with tea and coffee, seasonal fruit or cane fruits.
- Camping tent and climbing rope provided.
- Bus to nagdi and tourist bus back to Kathmandu from Pokhara.
- Shared Jeep /Bus from Jomsom to Tatopani and private transport from Nayapul to Pokhara.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder trekking guide and climbing Sherpa, with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porters with proper equipment (1 porter= two people). with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Use of sleeping bags, Down Jacket, Duffel bag and Walking Poles (to be returned after the trip).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- One night Pokhara hotel with breakfast.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
What is Excluded
- Airport Pick up and drop to from Kathmandu airport with your international flight.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee $50 USD for 30 days visa on arrival.
- Your Travel and medical insurance( Recommended)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek (i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- Desserts Sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Battery charging and hot shower on the tea houses.
- Personal climbing equipment can be hired $200 USD per person.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fees $30 USD per person.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).