The Royal trekking is a short and easy trek in the foothills of the Annapurna, north of the beautiful Pokhara valley. The route was named Royal Trek because Prince Charles and his 90 person entourage explored this route in the early eighties when he visited Nepal. The royal trek is a great way to experience the beauty of the Annapurna region within a short period of time.
The magnificent royal trekking begins from the scenic valley of Pokhara. The trek then traverses through terraced farmlands, lush green hills, beautiful forests and scenic Gurung hamlets with the magnificent views of Annapurna range, Machapuchhre and the Langtang. The trail passes through magnolia and rhododendron forest which is magnificent during the spring when it is in bloom.The trek concludes at serene Begnas Lake which is about 30 km west of Pokhara City. This is an short and easy trekking trail with an occasional up and downhill climbs along the ridges and valley. The maximum altitude reached during the trek is in Syaglung at 1425 meters, which is why the trek holds no risk of altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS).
The Royal trekking is an ideal option for the beginner trekkers with a limited time trying to experience the thrill of trekking in Nepal. The Royal Trek presents a true picture of the uniqueness of Annapurna region and allows the trekkers to observe the natural and cultural beauty of the Annapurna region within a short period of time. Since the trekking trail is less crowded compared to other trekking areas in the Annapurna region, the trek offers ample opportunity to closely observe the nature, culture and lifestyle of the region.
The Royal Trekking can also be combined with Chitwan Jungle Safari, the Trishuli river rafting or any other side activities for an amazing holiday experience in Nepal.
Royal trekking Highlights
- Wonderful view of the magnificent Fewa, Rupa and Begnas Lake
- Views of Annapurna peaks, Machapuchhre, Lamjung Himal and Dhaulagiri
- The spectacular views of Fishtail and Annapurna
- Home Stay trekking facilities
- Rhododendron forest
- Various species of flora and fauna
- Mixed indigenous lifestyles
- The great countryside, terrace farming and mountain landscapes.
Welcome to the beautiful country, Nepal. Upon our arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, we will find a representative from Nepal Eco Adventure to help us with our transfer to our hotel. After the hotel Check in, we are free to stroll around the vibrant Kathmandu or rest in the comfort of our hotel. In the evening we can savor some delicious authentic Nepali Dinner in a local restaurant.
Kathmandu is known for its rich art, culture and architecture. The city holds many sites with cultural and historical importance and are listed under UNESCO World heritage sites. Today we will be visiting some of these cultural heritages of Kathmandu. A visit to the Kathmandu Durbar square with ancient temples, palaces and stone alleys that will make you feel like you have traveled back centuries in time. The visit to Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath temples and Swayambunath temple will be both culturally and spiritually insightful. After the exciting guided tour around the city, we will come back to our hotels to prepare for our flight back home tomorrow. Overnight in Kathmandu.
We will rise early for a seven hour long road trip from Kathmandu to Pokhara. On the way we will enjoy the view of Nepalese countryside, rocks, rivers and hills. On reaching the delightful city of Pokhara, we will be welcome with magnificent views of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhare, and Annapurna. After our check in at the hotel, we can either explore the city by visiting nearby sites or relax on the bank of the serene Phewa Lake. Overnight in Pokhara.
After a hearty breakfast in Pokhara, we drive to Bijaypur Khola to begin our trekking. We start our trek on a flat paddy fields, to cross a river, from where the trail will ascend through Rakhigaon, Chautara and gradually climbs along a ridge through Brahmin villages until to reach Kalikasthan. After arriving at Kalikasthan, we rest for some time and start exploring the surrounding areas. We spend overnight at a teahouse in Kalikastan.
After breakfast, we start walking along a forested ridge which offers good views of Annapurna and Lamjung Himal. We pass Thulokot and Mati Thana from where the trail gradually ascends and continues till we reach the Gurung village of Shanklung. Along the trail we can enjoy the beautiful rhododendron forest. Overnight at Syaklung in local guesthouse.
We traverse many Gurung villages which gives us an opportunity to observe the local culture and lifestyle. The trail first takes a steep descend till the Chautara from where we will ascend till we reach Chisapani. Along the trail through the rhododendron and Sal trees, we can views Himalayan skyline c shrouded by mountains like Annapurna II, Lamjung Himal, Manasulu and Himalchuli. We visit a temple located on a high knoll above the Chisapani village which offers splendid views of the mountains in the vicinity. Overnight in Chisapani.
Today is the last day of our trekking adventure in the Annapurna region. We start our walk to reach the beautiful Rupa Lake from where we will start our ascend until we reach Sundare Danda. After15 minutes downhill from the Sundare Danda, we reach the peaceful Begnas Lake, where we will be enjoying an hour long boating. After the boating, we will drive back to our hotel in Pokhara. After the Check in we are free to explore the beautiful Pokhara City or relax at the lakeside. Overnight in Pokhara
Today, we bid goodbye to the beautiful city of Pokhara and take bus back to Kathmandu. After the Check in at hotel in Kathmandu, we are free to explore the city. Kathmandu offers a variety of activities. We can go for souvenir shopping, relax in a spa or enjoy the happening nightlife of Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu.
A representative from Nepal Eco Adventure will help us with our transfer to the international Airport.We will bid goodbye to this beautiful Himalayan country and recollect all the happy memories as we fly back to our home. Nepal Eco Adventure will be happy to welcome you back for your next holidays in Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three night Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Trekking lodge (accommodation) during the trek.
- Necessary paper works Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permit & Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) permits
- Tourist bus to Pokhara and back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , well English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- A Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people).
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Sleeping bags, Down Jackets and Walking Poles (if you do not have your own)
- Government taxes and office expenses
- Two nights hotel in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Guided Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with private vehicle.
What is Excluded
- Meals while you are in Kathmandu and Pokhara Lunch and Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee $25 USD for 15 days visa visa on arrival.
- Your Travel and medical insurance.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fee($30USD per person)