Tamang Heritage Trek is an amazing trek offering travelers a peek into the culture and lifestyle of the Tamang people who are the mountain dwellers of the Langtang region. The Tamang heritage trail is a newly opened trekking route located between Mount Langtang and Ganesh Himal. Lying just north of the Kathmandu Valley, the Tamang Heritage Trail is perhaps the most accessible trekking region in Nepal.Langtang is the region of ancient Tibetan Monasteries, Rhododendron and Bamboo Forests, Majestic Waterfalls, snow-capped Himalayas, and many sacred Lakes, reflecting reflect the solitude and the serenity of the Himalayan scenery.
Throughout our journey, we will be rewarded with outstanding views of the Himalayas. Travelers can have views of mountains like Lirung, Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass, Dorje Lakpa, Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Shringi Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges. Along with amazing mountain views, the trail also gives a great opportunity to closely observe the lifestyle of theTamangs who are highly influenced by Tibetan culture.
Tamang is the indigenous inhabitant of the Langtang region of Nepal. The ethnic group has held its traditional lifestyle which hasn’t changed much since the beginning of the settlement. The exposure to the unique culture and lifestyle of the Tamang, Their warm welcome, their traditional mountain houses, ancient monasteries, Gompas add makes the trail all more exciting. The craftsmanship, dress, traditionally built stone-mud houses and the beautifully carved wooden porches in Tamang villages are widely appreciated. If the trekking is done during the festival time like Lhosar, the trekkers can observe the traditional Syabru dance, Khamba dance and other wonderful performances.
The Tamang Heritage Trek starts from Syabrubesi which is reached after a short drive from Kathmandu.Ascending the road north towards the Tibetan borderlands and trekkers enjoys a relatively gentle walk through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys. As we continue further, we will be able to appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. As we near the end of the trek we enjoy a Homestay experience in Briddim. We can also relax in the natural hot springs at the Tatopani.
The Tamang Heritage Trek is a great trek offering spectacular mountain scenery, terraced fields and exposure to unique Tamang culture. This is an ideal trek to explore the unique Tamang culture while visiting their native land, the land of Himalayas.
Highlights of Tamang Heritage Trekking
- Nagathali (3165m, view point)
- Ancient Tibetan monasteries
- Rhododendron and Bamboo Forests
- Majestic waterfalls
- Snow-capped Himalayas, and many sacred lakes
- Culturally rich region steeped in Tibetan tradition
- Views of Langtang Lirung (7245m.), Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass (5122m.), Dorje Lakpa (6989m.), Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Shringi Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges
- Ancient monasteries (a place where people goes for meditation) and more
Namaste and welcome to the beautiful Himalayan country, Nepal. Upon our arrival at the airport, a representative from Nepal Eco Adventure will receive us and help us with our transfer to our hotels. After the check in at the hotel, we are free to explore our vibrant surroundings or rest in our comfortable hotel. In the evening we can enjoy an authentic Nepali dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight in Kathmandu.
An exciting guided city tour will await us today. Kathmandu is known for its UNESCO listed world heritage sites. This is a perfect day to visit these cultural heritages of Kathmandu. Kathmandu Durbar Square showcases the rich ancient Nepalese art and architecture. The courtyard, temples, palaces and stone alleys in the Kathmandu Durbar Square will make us feel like we have travelled centuries back in time. The temples like Swayambhunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath in Kathmandu boasts the rich culture and religious harmony in the country. Overnight in Kathmandu.
We rise early and prepare for a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, a small beautiful village serving as a starting point of many treks in the Langtang region. We drive on a winding road enjoying outstanding views of Manaslu, Annapurna and Ganesh Himal. We continue until we descend to the small village of Syabrubesi. Overnight in Syabrubesi.
We start the trek from Syabrubesi with an ascent to we reach the viewpoint where we can get a spectacular view of Ganesh Himal, Gosaikunda range and the Goljang valley. From here the trail descends to Goljang valley enjoying views of the Ganesh Himal, Shishapangma, LangtangLirung and others. We continue until we reach the village of Gatlang, a small beautiful village on the hillside with traditional stone houses. Overnight at Gatlang.
We begin our trek from Gatlang with a descent to Thangbuche as we soak-in the splendid views of the Ganesh Himal and Langtang Ranges along the way. We continue our walk to cross the Chilime Hydropower dam from where the trail will ascend until Tatopani. The name Tatopaniin Nepali literally means ‘hot water owing to the natural hot springs over here. We take a dip into the natural hot water to relax our exhausted muscles.Overnight in Tatopani.
Today we trek from Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali. We ascend to NagthaliDanda,a hilltop with amazing views of snow capped Himalayas. We traverse through the dense alpine forest and reach the small Tamang settlement of Brimdang. We continue walking uphill to Nagthali where we get to enjoy the mesmerizing views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himalaccompanied by warm tea. After the warm tea, we continue our walk to reach a Tamnag village of Thuman. Overnight in Thuman.
We start our trek in the relatively flatter trail which we slowly start to descend to Timure. We continue our walk to Briddim, a Buddhist villagelocated on the lap of the LangtangHimal. Houses in Briddim are built withstones andresembles a typical Tibetan village. The inhabitants of the village are mostly of Tibetan origin. Overnight in Briddim.
We start our walk to Syabrubesiand follow the BhoteKosi River on the left side of the valley to the north. We cross the river and follow through paddy and corn fields and descend toSyabrubesi. Overnight in Syarubesi.
After breakfast, we take a five hour long drive back to Kathmandu along the winding road. In Kathmandu, we will check in into our hotel and get some much needed rest. We can also stroll around the vibrant Thameland visit some nice restaurants in the city. Overnight in Kathmandu.
It is time for us to bid goodbye to this amazing Himalayan adventure. We will be escorted to the airport for our departure to our next destination. On our way back home, we recollect all the great memories in the Himalayas and plan for our next visit to this wonderland. Nepal Eco Adventure loves to serve you for all your treks and tour in Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
What is Included
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Three nights standard hotel twin sharing room in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Trekking lodge (tea house) accommodations during the trek.
- Fresh fruit every evening after the dinner.
- Necessary paper works Langtang National Park Permit & Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit.
- Bus to Syabrubesi and again Bus back to Kathmandu.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder Guide with all his Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transport and Insurance.
- A Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (1 porter=2 trekkers).
- Comprehensive group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Use of sleeping bag, down Jacket, Duffel and walking Pole (to be return to agency after the trek).
- Nepal Eco Adventure branded t-shirt and cap.
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Sightseeing tour in kathmandu valley with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 6+ person.
What is Excluded
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and mountain rescue insurance(Recommended)
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses and trekking gear.
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic and all hot and cold drinks.
- Desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver(Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour entrance fee($25 USD)